RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

successor ? lol maybe in a few years.....

tested on win 7 x64 pro it works like crap

LOL that comment reminds of the good old days with nlite. This application will improve with time.

I too would like to echo the message that someone posted with regards to making W7 WAIK a prerequisite.

It should help with the application size too.

Keep up the good work!

Maybe I don't understand, but if WAIK is a free public download, why does MS frown upon including ImageX or other similar tools.

I also don't care who makes it as long as its legal and works. Such a tool is very welcome.

I know nuhi used "wimgapi.dll" for the image processing....instead of that we are using dism and imagex. Those two files are being used only integration part and getting info from WIM. But for removing components and registry is all our own codings. In my view, if we create a bypass for windows activation is a true piracy. Other than that modding a system files and customizing windows is not piracy. See not all the people love same default wallpapers, icons, etc. All need some tweaks and components needs to be removed. RT7lite or the developers of other windows customization tools not giving any cracks or bypass activities for windows activation. So please leave this kind of talk and enjoy the tools developed by blue4603, maxXPsoft, MrJinje, stefanRTR, nuhi.

I know nuhi used "wimgapi.dll" for the image processing....instead of that we are using dism and imagex. Those two files are being used only integration part and getting info from WIM. But for removing components and registry is all our own codings. In my view, if we create a bypass for windows activation is a true piracy. Other than that modding a system files and customizing windows is not piracy. See not all the people love same default wallpapers, icons, etc. All need some tweaks and components needs to be removed. RT7lite or the developers of other windows customization tools not giving any cracks or bypass activities for windows activation. So please leave this kind of talk and enjoy the tools developed by blue4603, maxXPsoft, MrJinje, stefanRTR, nuhi.

Hi ben can we expect it tonight?. I have bought popcorn since i saw yesterday that it said 1.03 on the website. But it havnt been released yet. Please tonight :)))

Cant wait to try this promising tool :)

@Ben, is 7lite gonna be multi-threading aware, on a quad core vLite maxes out at 25% usage, (i.e. a single thread) would be nice if we could control how many cores 7Lite has access to (1,2,4,8) from an options/control panel. I guess I should mention thread priority as well.

Another idea I had was to integrate some of the known issues with package removal. With vLite/7, we have to mess around and maintain a keep list of certain DLL's or it will break. Would be nice if we could integrate that sort of logic into the app.

Instead of a single pop up window for each issue, which (in vlite) gets tiresome if there are multiple issues - maybe a treeview/checkbox setup would be easier. I bet it could even be setup in a way so that each issue could be resolved in multiple ways, instead of only allowing to keep the removed item (as vlite does), it could offer the opposite action of removing the other item instead. (or to keep the single required DLL in certain cases).

Not sure 7lite already does these things or not, just riffing here.

Just downloaded the new version..has prpoer hashes and installs ok. When I try to run it , it says required files are missing and to reinstall. No luck...anyone know what files it needs. Im running 7U 64bit and have WAIK installed?

I'm interested in which files it is dependent upon too, as I'd much rather extract the necessary few MBs from WAIK and dump them in the RT7Lite folder than install the entire 1.3GB WAIK kaboodle :/

Much like Nuhi supplied the dependencies and you could add the necessary files to vLite's installation folder, I'd much prefer to do the same with this tool too! Hope bensam chimes in here :)