RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

@dexter

I think you can deselect inside Features: system => Advanced UAC and User Acount Control (read desciptions before)

And after if you want you can choose to add inside Tweaks: Control Panel (right pane)=> User Acount 2 (Add)!

I've made this choice and I will try the ISO file I've made. I don't deleeted NET .Framewotk 3.5!

They are the only changes I've made.

Of course, at first I've made a new Windows 7 copy on my computer!

I will tell you later the result!

Edited by myselfidem

@dexter

I think you can deselect inside Features: system => Advanced UAC and User Acount Control (read desciptions before)

And after if you want you can choose to add inside Tweaks: Control Panel (right pane)=> User Acount 2 (Add)!

I've made this choice and I will try the ISO file I've made. I don't deleeted NET .Framewotk 3.5!

I have configured another compilation, with the Advanced UAC enabled(as per your suggestion) + other tweaks.

Also, I have selected BlackViper's 'SAFE' preset in TWEAKS, but after applying preset this time I have enabled Netlogon service in Tweaks>Services>Netlogon=Enabled. I am not sure if that service is responsible for displaying the list of user groups in the system to be applied to new users created, but lets see after the customization is finalized. :thumbup

At the moment I am working on me laptop (IBM X60s, Intel L2400 + 3GB) therefore its taking longer(80mins) than usual(45mins) to test. I used to test on me desktop (Intel Q6600, HDD>2TBx3,RAM 6GB) but recently it died due to power surge, now waiting for replacements to arrive. Although I didn loose any data but processing power is LOST dramatically. Just imagine Intel Quad to Duo Core, everything gets slower. :(

@dexter

I have configured another compilation, with the Advanced UAC enabled(as per your suggestion) + other tweaks.

Also, I have selected BlackViper's 'SAFE' preset in TWEAKS, but after applying preset this time I have enabled Netlogon service in Tweaks>Services>Netlogon=Enabled. I am not sure if that service is responsible for displaying the list of user groups in the system to be applied to new users created, but lets see after the customization is finalized. :thumbup

At the moment I am working on me laptop (IBM X60s, Intel L2400 + 3GB) therefore its taking longer(80mins) than usual(45mins) to test. I used to test on me desktop (Intel Q6600, HDD>2TBx3,RAM 6GB) but recently it died due to power surge, now waiting for replacements to arrive. Although I didn loose any data but processing power is LOST dramatically. Just imagine Intel Quad to Duo Core, everything gets slower. :(

Hello

Maybe the reason is like you said: Netlogon is needed!?

I've tried the ISO file I've made like I tell you!

The problem is always unable to see the list ( even after deselected inside system: "Advanced UAC" and "User Account Control". I've add "User Account 2" inside Control Panel successfully!) of user groups in the system to be applied to a new user created! But there is a workaroud and it's possible to do that!

However, I've tried to make successfully changes inside "Autounattend.xml"!

When all the process is finished (Apply), I've don't created an ISO file with RT Se7en Lite (Click Finish). I've customized the "Autounattend.xml" file [inside my folder where is located Windows 7 customized: (C:\Win7Ex2)]and I've used this bath file to create the ISO file. I see that the final size is the same (with RT Se7en Lite or with the batch file):

Create_ISO.cmd (Example)

echo ==Creating ISO file==
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\oscdimg.exe" -u2 -m -o -lWin7Ex2 -b"C:\Win7Ex2\boot\etfsboot.com" "C:\Win7Ex2" "C:\Win7Ex2.iso"

echo ==Finished creating ISO file==
echo.
echo Finished execution
echo.

pause to see if errors

In this way, it's better to use WISM to check your new "Autounattend.xml"!

I've found some help here about Windows 7 Services, maybe we can find the solution:

http://wiki.blackviper.com/wiki/Category:Windows_7_Services

Thanks for your sharing! Regards

Edited by myselfidem

@dexter

Hello

Maybe the reason is like you said: Netlogon is needed!?

I've tried the ISO file I've made like I tell you!

The problem is always unable to see the list ( even after deselected inside system: "Advanced UAC" and "User Account Control". I've add "User Account 2" inside Control Panel successfully!) of user groups in the system to be applied to a new user created! But there is a workaroud and it's possible to do that!

However, I've tried to make successfully changes inside "Autounattend.xml"!

When all the process is finished (Apply), I've don't created an ISO file with RT Se7en Lite (Click Finish). I've customized the "Autounattend.xml" file [inside my folder where is located Windows 7 customized: (C:\Win7Ex2)]and I've used this bath file to create the ISO file. I see that the final size is the same (with RT Se7en Lite or with the batch file):

Create_ISO.cmd (Example)

echo ==Creating ISO file==
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\oscdimg.exe" -u2 -m -o -lWin7Ex2 -b"C:\Win7Ex2\boot\etfsboot.com" "C:\Win7Ex2" "C:\Win7Ex2.iso"

echo ==Finished creating ISO file==
echo.
echo Finished execution
echo.

pause to see if errors

In this way, it's better to use WISM to check your new "Autounattend.xml"!

I've found some help here about Windows 7 Services, maybe we can find the solution:

http://wiki.blackviper.com/wiki/Category:Windows_7_Services

Thanks for your sharing! Regards

Got the user controls working now but other problems have risen... I kept Advanced UAC + reverted all services to DEFAULT. The windows update has broken + Aero theme not working as well. I will have to do a side by side comparison of the sessions now, will post the findings later.

Also, BlackViper's wiki is very detailed will go through it in the mean time. So far I have used the following settings:

1. Advanced preset

2. Enable UAC

3. REVERT all TWEAKES to DEFAULT

4. Integrated one Aero theme

Stuff that failed:

1. Windows Update

2. Aero theme

3. Havent check other stuff yet

I think its better to use less extreme presets i.e other than Advanced as it seems to be in its infancy stages and require more adjustments.

I think its better to use less extreme presets i.e other than Advanced as it seems to be in its infancy stages and require more adjustments.

Thanks dexter

I think so!

Could you post as attachment your "Lastsession.ini", please?

Have you deselect inside Services: Windows Update and Windows Aero Themes.

And inside Multi Media: Windows Aero Themes (deselect to keep it)?

*Edit: It's needed also: Windows System Assessment Tool(WINSAT) (deselect to keep it).

But, I will try a new time. Also for Aero Themes and I tell you later.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Got the user controls working now but other problems have risen... I kept Advanced UAC + reverted all services to DEFAULT. The windows update has broken + Aero theme not working as well. I will have to do a side by side comparison of the sessions now, will post the findings later.

Also, BlackViper's wiki is very detailed will go through it in the mean time. So far I have used the following settings:

1. Advanced preset

2. Enable UAC

3. REVERT all TWEAKES to DEFAULT

4. Integrated one Aero theme

Stuff that failed:

1. Windows Update

2. Aero theme

3. Havent check other stuff yet

Hello dexter

I've made a new test with adcanced settings.

1) All tests I've made - with advanced preset - It's needed to choose the Network connection type (home, work...).

Is this also your case?

But if I make changes inside "Autounattend.xml" and I remove this line:

<SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>

and created also inside "Autologon" and "LocalAccount", my installation is really fully

unattended (No more window for Network connection type or other windows)!

2) I've forgotten something , because I can't start "Netlogon" service after the installation is done, and I see only the users list displayed for Groups and not for Users.

But "Windows Update" and "Themes" works. I give you my "Lastsession7.ini"! Maybe that can help you.

Of course the final size is a little "bigger" (1,47 Go - without updates, drivers and programs), also because I've added some features (system and services)!

I will try a new time!

*Edit: help for customizing "Autounattend.xml": Ask your Seven xml ? first here

Edited by myselfidem

@bensam56

Hello

Just an suggestion!

When I choose to add "User Account 2" inside Control Panel (section Tweaks), the icon isn't displayed!?

But with this reg file, display the icon inside Control Panel, and works:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}]
@="Users Accounts 2"
"InfoTip"="Advanced management Users Accounts, Windows 2000 style."
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}\DefaultIcon]
@="%SystemRoot%\\\\System32\\\\EhStorAuthn.exe,0"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}\Shell]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}\Shell\Open]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}\Shell\Open\command]
@="Control Userpasswords2"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{98641F47-8C25-4936-BEE4-C2CE1298969D}]
@="Add 'Users Accounts 2' inside Control Panel"

With Windows 7 localised version the right click options and others tweaks are in English.

I've translated all the tweaks in French language.

Could you please insert this file inside the next RT Se7en Lite release, please?

Tweaks_RT_Se7en_Lite_RC-FR

I've also made some corrections inside resource.fr-FR_1.3_RC

WARNING: Security alert about dll's files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2264107

http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ms684179(v=VS.85).aspx

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

@bensam56

Hello!

I think it would be nice to give the possibility to add an Local Account with "Autounattend.xml" inside OOBE!

I can only create an Administrator Account. Even if I don't select: "Skip user creation" it's impossible to add an Local Account, because it's deselected as default when I choose Admin password!

If I don't do that I can't start Windows after the istallation is done!

I've always the window for the Network connection type(Home, Work, etc.), it's not fully unattended!

For Windows 7, I see that "SkipMachineOOBE" is deprecated!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Hi guys,

I have a small problem. When I click or double click the folders under libraries; documents, music, pictures, and videos nothing happens. It won't le me in. Also when I click the links to those folders in the start menu it won't pop out. I tried both Advanced and Safe presets, but the result is the same. What did I do wrong?

Thanks...

I hope it's related to the topic but Does anyone know here how to delete %temp%\RT_Mount? It say that the access is denied.

If you need to delete an Image not correctly mounted, you can try:

Available if WAIK for Windows 7 is installed!

For Windows 32-bits

@echo off
echo ==Clean Temp folder RT_Mount==
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" /cleanup "%temp%\RT_Mount"
pause to see if it's done

For Windows 64-bits

@echo off
echo ==Clean Temp folder RT_Mount==
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /cleanup "%temp%\RT_Mount"
pause to see if it's done

Edited by myselfidem

@bensam56

Hello

It seems there is an error for the right click on Desktop: Device manager.

Reg file for Device Manager is (with position Bottom):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIMsoft\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Device Manager]
@=""
"Icon"="devmgr.dll,-201"
"Position"="Bottom"
"SuppressionPolicy"=dword:4000003c
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIMsoft\Classes\Directory\Background\shell\Device Manager\command]
@="mmc.exe devmgmt.msc"

Regards

Hello m8's...

IM having a problem with RT7Lite i wold like to know if some "geek" can help me ....

I have a toshiba x305 and the hotkeys are not working even with the lateste TVAP instaled (TVAP, stands for tohisba value added pack, or also know as hotkey's features software and drivers pack) ... I also did a rt7lite and i found out that the problem only exist If I remove one component (reguardlles of the component that i chose to remove)... Wen i dont remove any thing all wokrs well... I am usin a Microsoft Original OEM Windows 7 Ultimate x32 as the base ISO ...

Im not the only user with this problem as you can see here in the official RT forum (AND MORE INFO ON THIS PROBLEM):

http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/6672-bugfix-challenge/

Hope some one can help me....

Still Loads of bugs in this program. Version 1.3.0

I've literally spent all day trying to get a satisfactory build, currently testing build no 9...

There seems to be some bugs/glitches with the component removal page.

Stuff you want to keep gets removed..... stuff you want removed is kept.

Text and options/tick boxes get greyed out and dissappear at random.

You can see the conflicts in the lastsession.inf and the "[Components]" and "[Features]" after the process has finished.

Ah well, it is nearly a great program.... nevermind

Edited by slickric21

clpdj

Hey man... It seems that all Volume (and probably OEM) editions of W7 get messed up when processed by vLite (and probably by any other program alike). At least that's my personal experience with W7 Pro VL and W7 Enterprise VL and vLite. Any Retail version seems to be working out just fine. But I just might be wrong. Correct me someone if I am... Hope that helps...