RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Take for instance the new imgburn. Spyware\adware EVERYWHERE in it. Boy was I taken for suprise! But luckily I tested it one my testbed before usaing on my other pc's.

Really? :blink:

I better keep clear then.

2.5.0.0 is good enough for me :thumbup

Too bad tho.I t is a great program.

Yeah it has the following (Imgburn)

· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system

· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system

· Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function: Ask Toolbar

· Offers to create desktop or start menu shortcuts for items unrelated to the program's functionality

BUT you can install it and take the folder that it is installed to and it is fully portable! That way you can customize you OWN installer...

Back on topic:

I have found this to be a VERY promising program and will definately be using RT 7lite in the future! Thanks guys!

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

WOW amazing job fixing those issues in 1.03 so quickly. I can confirm that this program works with even Enterprise version of Windows 7. You just have to leave out your product key as part of unattended as thats a problem with Enterprise.

Ben where would you like feedback on small bugs? I have a small list of settings that don't save between sessions and tweaks that don't apply after installation.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Edited by Elmoonfire

i tried an install today using image i made few days back and got this error message - Windows could not set the offline locale information. Error Code: 0x80000001 anybody have any idea what i did wrong?

I can confirm that the install.wim now is getting reduced. I just tryed for fun to remove some drivers. I removed about 400megabytes on a x64 ultimate. 2680mb untouched winsize to 2234 on install.wim after using rt7lite :). Thats a bright thing now :)..

But things i think needs improvement are the loading while adding the files. I takes like 3-4 minutes before you can work with r7lite. And the processing after you have started, takes like 1 hour before its done. There's a no room for making mistakes or forgetting something. Unless you have all the time in the world.

Edited by wazer

Does not support .cab only .msu files in the Integration/Updates section

I checked lego from wincert made .msu to .cab converter. Its converting msu to cab. But its converting with errors. I tried to convert this "Windows6.1-KB947821-v2-x64" which is 94MB but after conversion its shows only 400KB. So people sometimes may use that app for conversion like I did but it brings error. So currently I didn't gave support for .cab

Edited by bensam56

List of components can be removed safely

This components passed the test on Beta 1.04

Accessories:

Action Center

Aero Cursors

Calculator

Character Map

Disk CleanUp

InboxGames

Chess

FreeCell

Hearts

Shanghai

Minesweeper

Moregames

MultiPlayer

PurblePlace

Solitaire

SpiderSolitaire

Sticky Notes

Mobility Center

Notepad

On-Screen Magnifier

Windows Contacts

Paint

Welcome Center

Windows sidebar

Windows Fax and scanner

Drivers:

Display - Nvidia, Intel, ATI

Media Managers - High Definition Audio Driver (Default), ATI Technologies, Aver Media Technologies, Conexant, Hauppauge (Choose all except for your device)

Network: All except AIO drivers

Modem (Choose all except for your device)

Scanners (Choose all except for your device)

Printers (Choose all except for your device)

TV Tuner (Choose all except for your device)

Floppy driver

Languages:

(Choose all except your country language)

Note: Do not delete Chinese simplified and traditional

Multimedia:

Autoplay

Windows Aero themes

Mobile PC Presentation (Delete it if you are using desktop)

Sample Music and Videos

Sample Pictures

Screensavers

Sound Recorder

Windows DVD Maker

Windows ISO Burn

Windows Media Center

Windows Media Player

Windows Photo Gallery (shimgvw)

Windows Photo Viewer

Windows Picture Acquisition Wizard

Windows Sounds

Windows wallpapers

Network:

Connect To Network Projector

Internet Information service (IIS)

Telnet Client

Telnet Server

Internet explorer

Services:

Windows defender

Windows card space

Themes

Windows Phone dialer

Windows Fax

System:

Narrator

TabletPC

On-Screen Keyboard

Windows Anytime Upgrade

Windows PowerShell

Zip Folder

Windows Easy Transfer

Windows Anytime Upgrade

Extended copy utility

IMAPI v2 Burning support (If you remove windows ISO burn then you can remove this)

Does not support .cab only .msu files in the Integration/Updates section

I checked lego from wincert made .msu to .cab converter. Its converting msu to cab. But its converting with errors. I tried to convert this "Windows6.1-KB947821-v2-x64" which is 94MB but after conversion its shows only 400KB. So people sometimes may use that app for conversion like I did but it brings error. So currently I didn't gave support for .cab

Its no error, if you properly extract that update you will find these files

12/30/2009  06:06 PM           368,000 CheckSURPackage.EXE
12/30/2009 10:16 PM 329 PkgInstallOrder.txt
12/30/2009 03:16 PM 437 Windows6.1-KB947821-v4-x86-pkgProperties.txt
12/30/2009 03:14 PM 15,755 Windows6.1-KB947821-v4-x86.cab
12/30/2009 03:16 PM 445 Windows6.1-KB947821-v4-x86.xml
12/30/2009 04:46 PM 3,993,480 Windows6.1-RTM-Client-CAB1-X86.EXE
12/30/2009 05:01 PM 10,281,344 Windows6.1-RTM-Client-CAB2-x86.EXE
12/30/2009 05:33 PM 8,027,520 Windows6.1-RTM-Client-CAB3-x86.EXE
12/30/2009 04:41 PM 891,272 Windows6.1-RTM-Client-ENUS-X86.EXE
12/30/2009 04:33 PM 5,216,648 Windows6.1-RTM-Client-NEUTRAL-X86.EXE
12/30/2009 06:00 PM 1,369,472 Windows6.1-Servicing-X86.EXE
12/30/2009 06:04 PM 156,544 Windows6.1-SSCab-X86.EXE
12/30/2009 10:18 PM 161,804 WSUSSCAN.cab

BTW this update cannot be integrated properly, dont care if you use the .msu or "smaller" sized .cab you should get the same results (also would be a good idea if you updated it to V4)

List of components can be removed safely

Services:

Windows Error Reporting Service

@Ben, If you force 7Lite to auto protect wer.dll in the next version, users will be able to remove "Windows Error Reporting Service" without having to remember to protect wer.dll.

There are a few more in this list (post #1)

SYSTEM files to PROTECT and REASONING

wer.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove the error reporting service)
msdrm.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove digital rights management)
browcli.dll (have to protect this file so net start/stop will work by command prompt)
msoert2.dll (protect this file only if you are going to use and install msn messenger)
winipsec.dll (have to protect this file in order to remove the ipsec policy agent service)
Magnification.dll (protect this file if you are not removing Snipping Tool or it won't work)

Not sure about the rest, I have seen a few different ones posted in various vLite threads. Maybe we should try to collect all this info + reasoning in a single location (instead of losing the information 100 posts deep in vLite forum). I know there are more than 5-6 of these, can anyone remember the ones we are missing.