Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1948 replies to this topic

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
XP x64 is supported by nLite. Why don't you want to use it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • Joined 02-March 08

XP x64 is supported by nLite. Why don't you want to use it?

Zumoc, nLite supports only XP and W2000 and W2003, not Vista (vLite) of W7. I do use nLite for building my XP x64 system, but I am moving to W7. Enjoy, John.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
I misunderstood. I mean that you can change xpx64 with nLite but the operating system must always be x64.XPx64 I think that is a good, lightweight operating system. Unfortunately does not fully support the latest DX and for the limit of the ram and this is the only reasons I can not use it.

Edited by Zumoc, 23 April 2010 - 03:48 PM.

tdega88

tdega88
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 13-April 10
Is there any update on progress of the newest version? Maybe an estimated release date?

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04
When I load previous settings, it is totally random whether the components I chose (and subsequently show checked for removal in the left pane) will actually be removed, as shown later on in the saved lastsession.inf.

First of all, when I lead an .inf, it applies only part of the component removal and feature enabling/disabling in the UI. Afterwards, if I manually correct this for it to resemble the settings as provided by the previously loaded .inf, the end result when applying shows several components not being removed and/or several features not being disabled.

I tried it a couple of times: load a previous session, apply it to a fresh WIM-file and the program will come up with a lastsession.inf with multiple components NOT removed, even though they were explicitly present in the .inf file AND selected in the UI upon loading of that lastsession.inf.

Overall, this makes the program extremely unreliable and not suited for its needs, as with component removal one will always run into problems that require rebuilding an installation with just one or two components less being selected for removal... With this problem, you'll never know what comes out of the process.

Edited by Guillaume, 25 April 2010 - 02:26 PM.

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

When I load previous settings, it is totally random whether the components I chose (and subsequently show checked for removal in the left pane) will actually be removed, as shown later on in the saved lastsession.inf.

First of all, when I lead an .inf, it applies only part of the component removal and feature enabling/disabling in the UI. Afterwards, if I manually correct this for it to resemble the settings as provided by the previously loaded .inf, the end result when applying shows several components not being removed and/or several features not being disabled.

I tried it a couple of times: load a previous session, apply it to a fresh WIM-file and the program will come up with a lastsession.inf with multiple components NOT removed, even though they were explicitly present in the .inf file AND selected in the UI upon loading of that lastsession.inf.

Overall, this makes the program extremely unreliable and not suited for its needs, as with component removal one will always run into problems that require rebuilding an installation with just one or two components less being selected for removal... With this problem, you'll never know what comes out of the process.

you do realize this is a beta, right???? the next beta release fixes this issue.

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
Testing the relase on VirtualBox seems to be pretty fast but it is likely that non-virtual environment it slow down a bit. This is a x64 version with some trick e all the services to default except the remote registry and system.

THE VIDEO HERE

gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 02-January 07
@Zumoc can you look on your personalize if the theme's are no pictures but the theme exists can you look at it and make screeny thx!

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
I do not understand exactly what you mean but it's just a picture taken from google image. It is not an theme.

BYe

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04

I do not understand exactly what you mean but it's just a picture taken from google image. It is not an theme.

BYe

I think I know what he means: when you go to "Personalize" (right-click on desktop) you'll see that all themes are indeed present (if not removed), but their thumbnails/previews are gone:

Attached Files

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
Yes the icon are not present but i have remove the theme except the default. See my screen. But the theme function howener seem to work .

Posted Image

Edited by Zumoc, 25 April 2010 - 04:49 PM.

willyeckerslike

willyeckerslike

• 29 posts
  • Joined 25-January 08
RT7Lite works a treat so far. Just a quick question. When the apps are installing prior to first login (a la "setupcomplete.cmd") is there any way to remove the rt7lite branding in the title bar? If any one can point me to the resources I can edit them myself.

Thanks.

azon

azon

• 13 posts
  • Joined 24-October 09

@Zumoc can you look on your personalize if the theme's are no pictures but the theme exists can you look at it and make screeny thx!

know this issue. it happens when you remove thumbnail something (don't remember exact name, probably cache) under system part of the component's tree.

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04
I just found the following files on my RT7Lited installation of W7 x64 English, while Wordpad & Write were both checked for removal:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\WordpadFilter.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows NT\Accessories\en-US\wordpad.exe.mui

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04
Yeah I can run WordPad from there, but I don't want to ;)

Edit
Same happens with MSInfo: while C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSInfo is removed, the x86 version (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\MSInfo) is not.

Similarly, Speech Engine for x86 is left behind: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SpeechEngines

All fixed in v1.06

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 17-May 04
I want to add languages on a windows 7 dvd.
I made some tests but everytime when setup starts I see this screen:

Posted Image

but I want this so the setup will be also at the same language:

Posted Image

is it possible?

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04
I suppose that only has to do with the files in Sources on your DVD (there's a folder inside Sources for every language you'll be able to during setup), together with the file Sources\lang.ini.

Windows activation will not work without the service component "Software Protection" (sppsvc), and possibly sppuinotify, so you might want to make this red. System Recovery can be removed just fine, same thing with Secondary Logon.

Attached is my minimalistic setup. If you feel like there's anything useful in the System Properties dialogs, I recommend you not to remove it. You know, that one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I do most of my tweaking via registry settings, but there's some useful stuff going on in there.

Edited by Guillaume, 27 April 2010 - 05:08 PM.

tdega88

tdega88
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 13-April 10
Guillaume, what kind of registry tweaks do you do? Any good ones you care to share? :)

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04

Guillaume, what kind of registry tweaks do you do? Any good ones you care to share? :)

Here ya go. I enable/disable tweaks in this files depending on what I've already removed with RT7Lite, simply by putting a ; in front of the lines. Every tweak is explained, just edit it in your favorite editor-with-syntax-highlighting.

About RT7Lite, when removing the Sidebar, it still leaves a value for it in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Attached Files

tdega88

tdega88
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 13-April 10
thanks!

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04

BYe

Did you remove Thumbnail Cache?

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
i don't know

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

This tool likes like modified vLite. Almost same looks. Interesting. I'll give it a shot later today.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
The wimgapi method appear to be more fast than dism. Don't you?.

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
i believe bensam is not using DISM in the latest beta's of rt7lite. is that correct bensam?

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users