Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1946 replies to this topic

Win7User

Win7User

• Members
  • 28 posts
@ nice_guy75

Mate, you'd be better off using "Tweaked Settings" instead of "Advanced" as tracing back the lot would end up using different settings than in "Advanced" mode anyway.

Make sure you've got the following enabled as far Themes, Aero Peak and ClearType are concerned.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

@ nice_guy75

Mate, you'd be better off using "Tweaked Settings" instead of "Advanced" as tracing back the lot would end up using different settings than in "Advanced" mode anyway.

Make sure you've got the following enabled as far Themes, Aero Peak and ClearType are concerned.

Thanks for your reply brother but I am using advanced option as I wish to keep my OS size as small as I can. But at the same time I also wish to keep some components like paint, wordpad, windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows disk image burner, etc. I managed to trim my OS to 935 mb but Aero theme and wifi problem still not solved. If you can share your lastsession.ini with me that would be great.

Edited by nice_guy75, 03 June 2010 - 10:26 AM.

Win7User

Win7User

• Members
  • 28 posts

@ nice_guy75

Thanks for your reply brother but I am using advanced option as I wish to keep my OS size as small as I can. But at the same time I also wish to keep some components like paint, wordpad, windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows disk image burner, etc. I managed to trim my OS to 935 mb but Aero theme and wifi problem still not solved. If you can share your lastsession.ini with me that would be great.

I know what you mean mate but one has to do loads of tests to find out more about dependencies ......

Anyway, here's my last settings file to date ...

Attached Files

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

I know what you mean mate but one has to do loads of tests to find out more about dependencies ......

Thanks man but can you please tell how big is your OS, as I am trying to trim my OS to about 900 mb.

Win7User

Win7User

• Members
  • 28 posts

Thanks man but can you please tell how big is your OS, as I am trying to trim my OS to about 900 mb.

1.7 GB.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
When it comes to reducing the operating system, I think it is useful to specify that 32 or 64bit. A sysop 64bit can not be reduced as a 32bit. Unless you remove the framework , will be very difficult to go below 1.2-1.4GB for a 64bit without losing important features that should inevitably reinstalled. Maybe you can increase the size of the winsxs folder and the folder driverstore. In my case I have managed to bring a sysop 64bit less than 4gb installed . I like to reduce it more, but for now (well in the future) I doubt that there may be further large reductions.

Edited by Zumoc, 04 June 2010 - 10:58 AM.

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

1.7 GB.

That is too much, I have already trimmed my OS to 1.4 gb with most of my required components. I wish to go below 1gb mark. I guess you must be talking about 64bit and I am talking about 32bit.

Win7User

Win7User

• Members
  • 28 posts

1.7 GB.

That is too much, I have already trimmed my OS to 1.4 gb with most of my required components. I wish to go below 1gb mark. I guess you must be talking about 64bit and I am talking about 32bit.

Yep, sir ... I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
DELETE

Edited by Zumoc, 04 June 2010 - 10:58 AM.

pppx00

pppx00

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
I'm waiting too for the new fix to start testing for the first time this app. Looks promising.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
Sorry if i missed this but when is 1.8 released ? :)Thinking bout testing 1.7 but if 1.8 is in near future of few days i can wait.

Edit: ok i test it anyway :P

Some minor issues though i noticed.

Integration tab: the top (language, drivers etc) the top is missing.

custom tab: gadgets, cannot remove any (seems so, they dont dissapear from list), preview's are "laggy"
and moving mouse down to the other (example) themes makes other dissapear..

Edited by grabben, 05 June 2010 - 11:55 AM.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Sorry if i missed this but when is 1.8 released ? :)Thinking bout testing 1.7 but if 1.8 is in near future of few days i can wait.

Edit: ok i test it anyway :P

Some minor issues though i noticed.

Integration tab: the top (language, drivers etc) the top is missing.

custom tab: gadgets, cannot remove any (seems so, they dont dissapear from list), preview's are "laggy"
and moving mouse down to the other (example) themes makes other dissapear..

top!!!

I know other minor issues but its doing many background process at the same time thats y.....

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Sorry if i missed this but when is 1.8 released ? :)Thinking bout testing 1.7 but if 1.8 is in near future of few days i can wait.Edit: ok i test it anyway :PSome minor issues though i noticed.Integration tab: the top (language, drivers etc) the top is missing.custom tab: gadgets, cannot remove any (seems so, they dont dissapear from list), preview's are "laggy" and moving mouse down to the other (example) themes makes other dissapear..

top!!!I know other minor issues but its doing many background process at the same time thats y.....

Thanks for the answer.yea ofcourse there are many minor issues.Just so we're on the same "side" ive attached a picture of what i mean.

Edit2: modifying process, iso creation and install in virtualbox works fine but after setup i get this:

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
Windows, please restart the installation.

Attached Files

Edited by grabben, 05 June 2010 - 01:40 PM.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
great.. cuz of me the thread just died.. terrific..

*"lol"*

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

*"lol"*

Don't sweat it...Ben ia back to the drawing board sorting out some issues. Stay tuned.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

*"lol"*

Don't sweat it...Ben ia back to the drawing board sorting out some issues. Stay tuned.

Oh im staying tuned on Bandit rock 106.3 FM (swedish radiostation).

Im also waiting for Ben:).

Zumoc

Zumoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
soon i think ..

Edited by Zumoc, 07 June 2010 - 12:28 PM.

wazer

wazer

You gotta risk it to get the biscuits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
Alrighty just got a new beta from ben, i dont have time for it today. Ill post some info tomorrow if ben havnt pasted some changes and everything works as it should.

Rafadecai

Rafadecai

• Members
  • 17 posts
Could you translate the program into Spanish? .

Please could you create the language file in that language.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
Only two members sent me a message for translation Dutch and German. If someone ready to convert the document....then PM me

myselfidem

myselfidem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Only two members sent me a message for translation Dutch and German. If someone ready to convert the document....then PM me

I can't sent you an PM. If you want I can try to translate your software in French language!
Regards

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

I'd like to try do that :)

jadtunrau

jadtunrau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
I created an All-in-One iso that contains x86 as well as x64 of Home Premium through Ultimate. Basically 4 versions of each. Is it possible to use RT Seven Lite with this? I would like to use both x86 and x64 updates as well if I can. Has anybody attempted this?

Edited by jadtunrau, 08 June 2010 - 10:49 AM.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

I created an All-in-One iso that contains x86 as well as x64 of Home Premium through Ultimate. Basically 4 versions of each. Is it possible to use RT Seven Lite with this? I would like to use both x86 and x64 updates as well if I can. Has anybody attempted this?

Ofcourse it is, number of indexes shoudnt matter or be a problem.

jadtunrau

jadtunrau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Thanks Grabben. So what you are saying is that I can load updates for both x86 and x64 - all in the same window? And then to finalize, do I need to Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?

*edit

I just tried to combine updates for both OS's, and it doesn't appear like it can be done. After adding in all the updates for x86, I then try to add the ones for x64. It gives me an error that says "This Package is already in queue". Apparently it is unable to add the same KB article numbers for the different OS architecture's. There are only two that do not have the same article number and those show in red (probably because I chose 7 Ultimate x86 when I started).

Any thoughts?

Edited by jadtunrau, 08 June 2010 - 03:08 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN