Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1946 replies to this topic

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Thanks Grabben. So what you are saying is that I can load updates for both x86 and x64 - all in the same window? And then to finalize, do I need to Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?*editI just tried to combine updates for both OS's, and it doesn't appear like it can be done. After adding in all the updates for x86, I then try to add the ones for x64. It gives me an error that says "This Package is already in queue". Apparently it is unable to add the same KB article numbers for the different OS architecture's. There are only two that do not have the same article number and those show in red (probably because I chose 7 Ultimate x86 when I started).Any thoughts?

Not in the same window or on to all edtions at once, you will have to do each edition, one at time..

But that sure would be something :P

Edited by grabben, 08 June 2010 - 05:05 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
Is there a change between 1.06 and 1.07 that could relate to the fact that suddenly makes it impossible to run UPEK Protector Suite 2009 (with the legacy drivers, not the Windows Biometrics drivers)?

In addition to what I removed from the 1.06 install, I removed this in the not-working v1.07 stripped install:
IIS-WebServerRole=True
TelnetClient=True
TelnetServer=True
SensrSvc=True
sppuinotify=True
Manual windows setup=True
Recovery=True

Any of the applications, save the tray icon UI, simply crashes whenever I try to start it:
Event ID 1000
The following information was included with the event:

ctlcntrv.exe
4bb09897
KERNELBASE.dll
4a5bdfe0
e0434f4d
000000000000aa7d

Process Monitor:
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\System32\MSCOREE.DLL.local	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.exe.Local	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\fusion.localgac	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config.cch	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\profapi.dll	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Users\Guillaume\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.312\64bit\security.config	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	CreateFile	C:\Users\Guillaume\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.312\64bit\security.config.cch	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryDirectory	C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.INI	NO SUCH FILE
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ole32.dll	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\CRYPTBASE.dll	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryDirectory	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.INI	NO SUCH FILE
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\PublisherPolicy.tme	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\WindowsBase\385daef1d59c01201d35cdd277f99a56\WindowsBase.ni.dll	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework.dll	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework\PresentationFramework.dll	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework.exe	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\PresentationFramework\PresentationFramework.exe	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\ctlcntrv.exe.Local	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en-US\mscorrc.dll	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en-US\mscorrc.dll.DLL	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en\mscorrc.dll	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\en\mscorrc.dll.DLL	PATH NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Globalization\en-us.nlp	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\VERSION.dll	NAME NOT FOUND
1788	QueryOpen	C:\Program Files\Protector Suite\VERSION.dll	NAME NOT FOUND

Edited by Guillaume, 09 June 2010 - 03:18 AM.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Is there a change between 1.06 and 1.07 that could relate to the fact that suddenly makes it impossible to run UPEK Protector Suite 2009 (with the legacy drivers, not the Windows Biometrics drivers)?

It looks like you are missing chunks of .NET, which may be a prerequisite for your application. Tell me, did you tick "winsxs cache" for removal? I've had a similar issue with the latest beta, and Ben indicates this should be resolved in the near future. If you absolutely can't wait for the next release, you can try to untick the winsxs cache removal option and rebuild your .iso with the same options.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
Seems like it's got everything to do with the absence of folders in C:\Windows\assembly: it searches for all kinds of non-existing folders like C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35. If I create them and symlink to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\ the program gets started a little bit further each time, but I can't get it to work completely.

Does RT7Lite mingle with the Windows\assembly folder?

Edit
Copying the entire \Windows\assembly folder from a fresh image fixed the problem.

Edited by Guillaume, 09 June 2010 - 04:09 AM.

jadtunrau

jadtunrau

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Thanks Grabben. So what you are saying is that I can load updates for both x86 and x64 - all in the same window? And then to finalize, do I need to Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?*editI just tried to combine updates for both OS's, and it doesn't appear like it can be done. After adding in all the updates for x86, I then try to add the ones for x64. It gives me an error that says "This Package is already in queue". Apparently it is unable to add the same KB article numbers for the different OS architecture's. There are only two that do not have the same article number and those show in red (probably because I chose 7 Ultimate x86 when I started).Any thoughts?

Not in the same window or on to all edtions at once, you will have to do each edition, one at time..

So, after running rt lite on each edition (that's going to take forever), should I use the Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?

I just thought of something too. What if I were to take an untouched iso, one x64 and one x86, and change them using rt lite. Then export the install.wim of each edition that I want combined into one and then replace the install.wim in the x86 sources folder?

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Copying the entire \Windows\assembly folder from a fresh image fixed the problem.

I'd still be interested in knowing whether or not you chose the option to remove the winsxs cache. That option borks .Net; I wouldn't be surprised if it also wrecked \assembly.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

So, after running rt lite on each edition (that's going to take forever), should I use the Build Current Image, Re-Build All, or Optimize Boot and Wim?

I just thought of something too. What if I were to take an untouched iso, one x64 and one x86, and change them using rt lite. Then export the install.wim of each edition that I want combined into one and then replace the install.wim in the x86 sources folder?

Not sure but if its equivalent to vLite its "re-build all"

Ofcourse you can first modify the 32bit and 64bit seperately and then export them to a new .wim. Thats the basic idea of creating an AIO.

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts

I'd still be interested in knowing whether or not you chose the option to remove the winsxs cache. That option borks .Net; I wouldn't be surprised if it also wrecked \assembly.

Yeah I did. It was all about the .NET in this case, yeah (UPEK Protector Suite uses .NET 3.0)

I was thinking, though: the files that are removed are (primarily at least) files that are normally duplicates present in another folder. So wouldn't it be a great idea to not just remove the duplicates (which obviously breaks stuff), but to substitute them for symbolic links? That'll save the same disk space, but keep the .NET support in tact.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

I was thinking, though: the files that are removed are (primarily at least) files that are normally duplicates present in another folder. So wouldn't it be a great idea to not just remove the duplicates (which obviously breaks stuff), but to substitute them for symbolic links? That'll save the same disk space, but keep the .NET support in tact.

It sounds like you have more of a handle on it than I do, but the issue was present in an pre-beta 1.08 and Ben said that he could fix it. He seems to me a man of his word. :)

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts

It sounds like you have more of a handle on it than I do, but the issue was present in an pre-beta 1.08 and Ben said that he could fix it. He seems to me a man of his word. :)

Well, yeah, I started out doing the symbolic linking myself and it worked out pretty nicely, but since I don't exactly have a list of what is removed it's a bit more work for me than it is for Ben, who knows in advance what is 'missing'. In essence, I think symbolic linking would be an absolute brilliant solution.

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
Is there a chance this "fix" for the Documents and Settings rights issue is going to be released this month so people who are currently stuck with that can give it a shot too?

JoaoVr

JoaoVr

Portugal

• Pip
  • 61 posts
The settings that I'm using on rt seven lite are messing up with my windows live messenger.

I've tested it in different PCs, with different internet networks and software (and no AV/Firewall) and my MSN cant login.

Using this settings on 1.0.7 (In attachment).

Can you please check what I shouldn't remove so I can use MSN?
JoaoVr ;)

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
I use Amsn without any problem. You can try it like alternative.

JoaoVr

JoaoVr

Portugal

• Pip
  • 61 posts

I use Amsn without any problem. You can try it like alternative.

Just wondering witch component I removed is messing around my MSN!
JoaoVr ;)

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
Have you disabled or removed some services?

JoaoVr

JoaoVr

Portugal

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Have you disabled or removed some services?

I only used the Features Removal tab.

Services I removed:
BitLocker Drive Encryption Service
Disk Defragmenter
Offline Files
Parental Controls
Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support
Program Compatibility Assistant Service
Protected Storage
Remove Access Auto Connection Manager
Remove Access Connection Manager
Remote Desktop Configuration
Remote Desktop Services
Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector
Remote Registry
Windows Backup
Windows Biometric Service
Windows Card Space
Windows Defender
Windows Error Reporting
JoaoVr ;)

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
Why do you have removed the service instead disable? I don't remove nothing but only disable. If you disable it can be re-enable but once removed you cannot re-enable. I'm sorry but o don't use a original Messenger but you can repeat the tweak , trying ti disable instead remove. I think that is a good way to resolve or atleast to try.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Services I removed:
Disk Defragmenter
Offline Files
Parental Controls
Protected Storage

Remote Desktop Services
Remote Registry
Windows Backup
Windows Card Space
Windows Defender

Windows Error Reporting

Live Messenger is working for me.
The ones with Green i have disabled or they run manually.Im pretty sure these are not needed for WLM
The Orange one could cause problems for WLM if its removed
The Red ones i have enabled always

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Services I removed:
Disk Defragmenter
Offline Files
Parental Controls
Protected Storage

Remote Desktop Services
Remote Registry
Windows Backup
Windows Card Space
Windows Defender

Windows Error Reporting

Live Messenger is working for me.
The ones with Green i have disabled or they run manually.Im pretty sure these are not needed for WLM
The Orange one could cause problems for WLM if its removed
The Red ones i have enabled always

Error Reporting is useless, but removing Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and/or Remote Access Connection Manager is a b*tch. So I recommend you don't remove those two. Additionally, I don't know if it's that good of an idea to remove Protected Storage.

Edited by Guillaume, 12 June 2010 - 08:26 AM.

BladedThesis

BladedThesis

• 13 posts

Additionally, I don't know if it's that good of an idea to remove Protected Storage.

If you remove Protected Storage, software will not remember your passwords. So security-wise, it's a good idea to remove.

michal_banszel

michal_banszel

• 43 posts

Additionally, I don't know if it's that good of an idea to remove Protected Storage.

If you remove Protected Storage, software will not remember your passwords. So security-wise, it's a good idea to remove.

All passwords? Like in Opera passwords also? So button "Remember password" will be useless?

BladedThesis

BladedThesis

• 13 posts

All passwords? Like in Opera passwords also? So button "Remember password" will be useless?

Correct.

Edited by BladedThesis, 12 June 2010 - 11:45 AM.

michal_banszel

michal_banszel

• 43 posts
I'm going to make my first win7 x64 customization CD and I want to ask you guys if things I want to remove are safe to remove and maybe you have some ideas what else is safe to remove and completely useless.
* This is based on 32-bit ISO image but this week I will received 64-bit operating system. I think the main difference will be that x64 version will have some more services? Ok, here is it:

Pernamently remove:

Accessories --------------
On-Screen Magnifier
Welcome Center
Windows Repair Disc

Drivers ------------------
Intel Corporation
NVIDIA
Creative Technology
TV Tuners

Language Packs ------------
All

Multi-Media ---------------
Sample Music and Videos
Sample Pictures
Screensavers

Network -------------------
Telnet Client
Telnet Server

Services ------------------
Parental Controls
Program Compatibility Assistant Service (can I remove a program, not only a service?)
Remote Registry
Smart Card Removal Policy
Windows Backup
Windows Error Reporting Service
Windows Card Space

System --------------------
Recovery
Tablet PC
Windows Anytime Upgrade

Default features:

Tablet PC Components
Telnet Client
Telnet Server

I'm a regular user. I don't work with any servers or networks. Just connecting to wifi router and browsing internet. Most of time working on MS Word, playing some games from time to time. What do you think I can safely remove then?

Edited by michal_banszel, 12 June 2010 - 12:41 PM.

michal_banszel

michal_banszel

• 43 posts
Nobody can help? Mostly I'm wondering if it's safe to remove telnet stuff... ?

Edited by michal_banszel, 13 June 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
Maybe no one will respond because you know just what you need or not. . Telnet is NOT a basic function for the operating system. Its removal should not create any problem. Remove the server will prevent that we can connect to your PC using this protocol (improve security) . If you also remove the client, you can not connect to any machine that has a telnet server running.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN