Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1947 replies to this topic

michal_banszel

michal_banszel

• 43 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06

Maybe no one will respond because you know just what you need or not. . Telnet is NOT a basic function for the operating system. Its removal should not create any problem. Remove the server will prevent that we can connect to your PC using this protocol (improve security) . If you also remove the client, you can not connect to any machine that has a telnet server running.

You are right but I'm talking about some specific stuff for professional or not regular purpose. Things like multimedia stuff are up to my choice but I simply don't know what most of those components do :) That's why I asked for some help in choosing what to remove. As I said before - all I do is playing music, browsing internet, working with MS office and playing some games from time to time.

Anyway thanks for telnet explanation. I will remove it then. And where can I find Program Compatibility Assistant? If I remove the service then the program is useless, right? But I can't find it in the removal components...

Edited by michal_banszel, 13 June 2010 - 12:57 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
Watch on http://www.blackvipe.../servicecfg.htm you explain what services do and how to choose their operation. RT7 use any presets based on this link. Then once you have created your custom image, you can test it on VMware virtual garage. Even if you do not give a full guarantee of operation on the real physical machine, you will not install operating systems that do not work changed to 100%. Good luck.

michal_banszel

michal_banszel

• 43 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06

Watch on http://www.blackvipe.../servicecfg.htm you explain what services do and how to choose their operation. RT7 use any presets based on this link. Then once you have created your custom image, you can test it on VMware virtual garage. Even if you do not give a full guarantee of operation on the real physical machine, you will not install operating systems that do not work changed to 100%. Good luck.

Thanks for the link. Is there something similar to this but about components because I wasn't thinking about services actually writing my previous post :)

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04
Ben: Can you unlock the search service from the search "feature?" This way, the search function and search tab in folder options would still be operable, but you could have the option of disabling the search service in order that indexing does not take place. As it is, it is impossible to disable the search service if the search feature is enabled. Thank you!

Edited by Bilar Crais, 13 June 2010 - 03:29 PM.

Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

azon

azon

• 13 posts
  • Joined 24-October 09

All passwords? Like in Opera passwords also? So button "Remember password" will be useless?

Correct.

Nope. I suspect that only passwords stored in windows credential manager will not be saved. i.e credential manager won't work.
Opera passwords and other password storages implemented by third-party have nothing to do with protected storage.

pedilover

pedilover

Junior

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 31-October 09
In the forum of rockers Team Bensam wrote:
RT Seven Lite - Beta build 1.0.8

WILL BE UPDATED SOON NOW....

and also he promised:
"nice_guy75 wrote:
Wow, I am waiting for new version as well. I hope you would integrate those advance options with the help of which we can fit windows 7 in a CD but with Aero theme.

As in the last version aero theme was not working for me.

If you didn't added any extra apps, language packs then it will surely fit in a CD.

Guillaume

Guillaume

Junior

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 06-November 04

All passwords? Like in Opera passwords also? So button "Remember password" will be useless?

Correct.

bul*****, that's internal to Opera. But how about wireless internet connection/WPA keys?

cat2115

cat2115

• 23 posts
  • Joined 26-March 10
does this version enable me to add fonts?

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
Hello, i cant get this program to work in win7 x64 amd processor.After the dialogue i select win7 ultimate and the progress bar is just stuck at loading image forever.I am using MSE antivirus and my UAC is disabled too.I have the right latest version installed too.
Also will this tool allow me to trim down my ISO just like vlite?

Edited by myax, 16 June 2010 - 07:22 AM.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Joined 20-December 09
Why dont you start reading ?

7Lite is a replacement for vLite, what did vLite do? what was its mainpurpose? to remove components and yes so do 7Lite...

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
sorry, felt lazy, what with like 40 pages!! yeah, disabled MSE and works better now! thanks!!

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
here is the changelog of 1.0.8

* ERROR DURING FINAL STAGE OF CUSTOMIZATION [FIXED]
* ADDED WINDOWS DREAMSCENES PATCH [NEW]
* USB BOOTABLE OPTION NOT WORKED [FIXED]
* ERROR WHILE ADDING UPDATES [FIXED]
* YOU CAN CHANGE UI LANGUAGE DURING WINDOWS SETUP [NEW]
* YOU CAN INTEGRATE RAID DRIVERS AND WILL BE LOADED DURING WINDOWS SETUP [NEW]
* LANGUAGE PACKS WILL ALSO BE INTEGRATED INTO BOOT IMAGE [NEW]
* ADDED SWEDISH UI LANGUAGE PACK FOR RT SEVEN LITE [NEW]
* FIXED SOME MINOR BUGS INTERNALLY

Anyhow I'm fixing the final error which users faced during direct burning and burning image got Arithmetic operation errors.
Posted Image

jadtunrau

jadtunrau

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
How do I keep the snipping tool? Is seems that no matter what features I choose to keep or not, the snipping tool is always gone. Any ideas???

Also, I just recieved a windows error after installing and trying to open a program, it says that the "hhctrl.ocx" file is missing and is needed for software to run.

Tseng

Tseng

Charlie T.

• 23 posts
  • Joined 31-October 04
How soon would the 1.08 beta posted on RT7lite.com?

TIA

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
sorry for sounding like a noob,i tried removing components but my ISO size never changes..so only the installation size will change?
Also, can someone provide a good session file?

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

sorry for sounding like a noob,i tried removing components but my ISO size never changes..so only the installation size will change?
Also, can someone provide a good session file?

Which version of RT7 Lite are you using? The last .iso I made with RT7 Lite 1.07 was smaller than any Vlite image I made of Windows 7.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
I am using 1.07, can u please give me a session, just to see if i get get it below 2.3gb, it always stays at that.Wonder what mistake i am doing.

Edited by myax, 17 June 2010 - 04:33 AM.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

I am using 1.07, can u please give me a session, just to see if i get get it below 2.3gb, it always stays at that.Wonder what mistake i am doing.

Are you doing x64 or x86?

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
OS is x64, but the iso i am working on is x86

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

OS is x64, but the iso i am working on is x86

Here's my last one. Mind you, this is x64, and I did it pretty conservatively because I had been having an issue installing .net Framework 4. It came in at 2200mb. but it's chocked full of updates and about 120mb of drivers. X86 should be much less than 2000mb.

I'd advise you to wait for 1.08 if you possibly can; with winsxs cache removed using a 1.08 pre-release, I had an x64 image come in at 1650mb. However, it breaks .net. I think that is supposed to be fixed in the final release. Otherwise, I would not suggest removing the winsxs cache with 1.07.

Attached Files

myax

myax
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-May 10
Thanks.. will check it out.
EDIT: couldnt load the session,thanks anyways, i managed to reduce iso to 1.6 gb, will test it now,and should I clean my prev posts?

Edited by myax, 17 June 2010 - 06:50 AM.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
Should create an addon ( or a mini app istall on exe ) extracted from Seven. Otherwise the snipping will never use.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Thanks.. will check it out.
EDIT: couldnt load the session,thanks anyways, i managed to reduce iso to 1.6 gb, will test it now,and should I clean my prev posts?

Good goin'! Nah....don't worry about.

palikuca

palikuca
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-January 10
when there is beta 1.0.8 on yours webseite

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

when there is beta 1.0.8 on yours webseite

RIGHT NOW. Links are up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users