Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1948 replies to this topic

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08

wimgapi can't able to mount the image. Did u used vlite or vista waik imagex after Win 7 waik installed?

Nope nothing. Installed win7 x64 from the ISO i mentioned into VirtualBox (maybe that could be a problem..?), installed your tool, started it and pointed it to the source on the ISO. After it is done copying it local i get that message.

Just tested another ISO (7600.16384.090710-1945_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso) same problem.

Manually mounting the install.wim using C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe works fine.

Don't test rt 7 lite in virtual...

Edited by bensam56, 19 June 2010 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
  • Joined 07-May 10
What is the problem about running it in a virtual machine? It seems to work using Vmware.

Got an exception at the "remove components" stage:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "c:\users\user\appdata\local\te" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.permanentlyRemove() in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 45335
   at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3237
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

beatmaster

beatmaster

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 25-May 09
Hi ben

this is the problem

http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__928491

Error in version 1.0.8

I have just once the new version 1.0.8 (32bit and 64bit tested).
Old version I have previously uninstalled.

It comes at me with Win 7 x86 as well as in Win x64 7 after mount the image the following error message:

Attached File  Zwischenablage02.jpg   72.18KB   46 downloads

someone has an idea why the errors come from?

beatmaster

Other people on Win-Lite.de have the same problem. But under a virtual machine this error not comes.

i don`t understand this error

beatmaster

wazer

wazer

You gotta risk it to get the biscuits

• PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 24-May 05
Test with a english version, then the error should not come... Im getting a new version from ben soon and ill test it to see if he has found the bug.
if ( $life( $me ) == $null ) { getLife( $me ) | halt }

Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08

What is the problem about running it in a virtual machine? It seems to work using Vmware.

Got an exception at the "remove components" stage:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "c:\users\user\appdata\local\te" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.permanentlyRemove() in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 45335
   at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3237
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just see about this exception in previous page. This is due to Tablet PC removal. Its a small mistake i made while saving the project. Actually i debugged it from previous build but during compilation its reverted.
Posted Image

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
  • Joined 07-May 10
Working fine so far having TabletPC not removed.

One thing i couldn't figure out so far: What to do to enable themes?

Themes always show up but they are greyed out. Both the aero themes but also the "Windows 7 Basic" theme.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Working fine so far having TabletPC not removed.

One thing i couldn't figure out so far: What to do to enable themes?

Themes always show up but they are greyed out. Both the aero themes but also the "Windows 7 Basic" theme.

Post your lastSession.ini
You'll find it in the root directory of the rt7 lite program folder. You can attach it to a post.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
  • Joined 07-May 10
Alright got the theme part figured out.

I've been starting from the advanced template and only enabled a few minor things, see Attached File  Lastsession.inf   20.87KB   27 downloads.

ISO size: 1,72 GB (1.852.082.176 Bytes)

The installation consumes:

Attached File  space_consumption.jpg   18.15KB   15 downloads

The only thing i integrated besides a couple windows updates are the All-In-One Runtimes (sereby.org)

Is it possible that the integrated updates causing both the installation and the ISO to take so much space?

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07
hey bensam56
could u make the saving of config file before the apply ? the changes ?
and not after
thx

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04
Sorry...see below.

Edited by Bilar Crais, 21 June 2010 - 12:55 PM.

Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Alright got the theme part figured out.

I've been starting from the advanced template and only enabled a few minor things, see Attached File  Lastsession.inf   20.87KB   27 downloads.

ISO size: 1,72 GB (1.852.082.176 Bytes)

Is it possible that the integrated updates causing both the installation and the ISO to take so much space?

Actually, a 1.72GB .iso is as small an x64 .iso as you are ever likely to get without some serious voodoo. The smallest W7 x64 .iso I was ever able to obtain with Vlite was around 2.1GB with integrated updates and drivers with DismTool before hand.

I managed to get a 1.65gb iso with RT7 lite, but the end result was not practical, as a good deal of my apps require 3.5 .NET. The advanced option is probably impractical for *most* users. Winsxs cache removal should probably be a hidden option, as per Vlite, as it's only going to mess with most users. But just my opinion.

Edited by Bilar Crais, 21 June 2010 - 12:54 PM.

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 03-July 09
My x64 iso is 1,5Gb but is a home basic. For me the best to tweak andis a iso that i use now.

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
  • Joined 07-May 10
Alright, thanks for the feedback. I hope that removing the TabletPC part will drop a few pounds once it is fixed. ;)

jadtunrau

jadtunrau

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10
Where's the Snipping Tool check box? I don't even see it on there any more? Keeping the Tablet PC didn't keep the Snipping Tool for me.

wazer

wazer

You gotta risk it to get the biscuits

• PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 24-May 05
Did a test today with ultimate 64 win7 got it to around 1.1gb. And all my stuff still works.
if ( $life( $me ) == $null ) { getLife( $me ) | halt }

Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Where's the Snipping Tool check box? I don't even see it on there any more? Keeping the Tablet PC didn't keep the Snipping Tool for me.

If you know what the name of the executable is, you should be able to "protect" it, provided it resides in system32 and all of it's dependents are still in there.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Did a test today with ultimate 64 win7 got it to around 1.1gb. And all my stuff still works.

Now this is a lastsession.ini that I MUST see.

noob2k3

noob2k3

• 16 posts
  • Joined 07-May 10

Now this is a lastsession.ini that I MUST see.

Indeed.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08
Bilar Crais check ur inbox man...thank you
Posted Image

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09

Would you please upload your lastsession.inf????????????? I am trying to trim my OS but but my aero theme is not working.

Benjamin, please give me that inf.

Edited by nice_guy75, 22 June 2010 - 02:06 AM.

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04

Would you please upload your lastsession.inf????????????? I am trying to trim my OS but but my aero theme is not working.

Benjamin, please give me that inf.

That pertained to something else entirely, nice_guy75.

Edited by Bilar Crais, 22 June 2010 - 02:13 AM.

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

@nice_guy: Wait for new build and In new build just select Advanced option and uncheck Windows Aero Themes from Multimedia and Services. I tested it and I will send you the inf via PM....check the screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bensam56, 22 June 2010 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 07-December 09

@nice_guy: Wait for new build and In new build just select Advanced option and uncheck Windows Aero Themes from Multimedia and Services. I tested it and I will send you the inf via PM....check the screenshots

Posted Image

Wow, just 668mb :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
New Build??????????????? Are you talking about the version v1.0.8 or you are going to release another version after v1.0.8?????????

And are you sure aero theme is working fine in your OS as I feel if move your cursor to any of the opened window it will not show the preview of the window.

I hope I am wrong.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 24-February 08

Posted Image

Wow, just 668mb :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
New Build??????????????? Are you talking about the version v1.0.8 or you are going to release another version after v1.0.8?????????

And are you sure aero theme is working fine in your OS as I feel if move your cursor to any of the opened window it will not show the preview of the window.

I hope I am wrong.

Aero basic is working right...thats on VMware. Releasing 1.0.9 now...Only thing is after windows installation you have to enable glass transparency manually becoz of WINSAT removal. But if you keep WINSAT it will increase the ISO to 713MB....you can remove other components leaving WINSAT but I can't give guarantee for your selections...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users