Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1946 replies to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session

crap, thanks MrJinje I didn't realize that, know I had removed almost 1gb from mine using my test stuff but no reduction hardly :thumbup
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session

crap, thanks MrJinje I didn't realize that, know I had removed almost 1gb from mine using my test stuff but no reduction hardly :thumbup

LOL, don't tell me, your next version of SevenUA will reduce wim size as well. How come I am not surprised.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,710 posts

Donator

I didn't see anything in the latest version that couldn't be converted to gif to remove the flash requirement. That is, unless he is using flash to install some kind of phone home tracking cookie (LSO).

i tried to convert it to gif....but its getting much grains

Have you tried PNG files or do you require animation?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session, these are basically orphan files that belong in none of the images inside the wim. The only way to get rid of them is to export the image using imagex or gimagex, thus creating a new wim without the orphaned files (and reducing it's size). DISM cannot do this, only imagex.

You're a smart guy, Mr. Jinje. Besides Vlite, your dismtool has singularly been the most useful tool in my arsenal.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

LOL, don't tell me, your next version of SevenUA will reduce wim size as well. How come I am not surprised.

Never know, been waiting so long for someone to start doing it. Time you put in 200mb drivers, 200mb updates you start running out of space
Makes sense now, if you want to go to less image's you export to another .wim. Guess that's the only way it can cleanup it's trash.
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

You're a smart guy, Mr. Jinje. Besides Vlite, your dismtool has singularly been the most useful tool in my arsenal.

that's going on the resume' :thumbup

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

that's going on the resume' :thumbup

that and 5 dollars get you a cup of coffee :)
what I meant by oh crap was there was talk of this way back beginning with vista but had slipped my mind. toyed with it but not much cause had space back then

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

what I meant by oh crap was there was talk of this way back beginning with vista but had slipped my mind. toyed with it but not much cause had space back then

Had I known it would be that simple, I would have started my own 7Lite Tool™ back in August. At least this way, I don't have to do any work, much easier to just push Ben in the right direction. LOL, unless reducing WIM size isn't a priority for 7Lite.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Had I known it would be that simple, I would have started my own 7Lite Tool™ back in August. At least this way, I don't have to do any work, much easier to just push Ben in the right direction. LOL, unless reducing WIM size isn't a priority for 7Lite.

Yes my friend...This issue is solved in my next update. So far i didn't set to reduce the size of WIM even after selecting "Build current image only". In 1.04 you will get some more updates like

* Add multiple drivers
* Change temporary directory
* Tweaks didn't applied correctly in previous versions [Fixed]
* WIM size not reduced even after selecting "Build current image only" [Fixed]
* USB bootable not worked in other language except English [Fixed]
* Errors in Unattended Answer sheet [Fixed]
* Tool tip for each components says size of the application and needed for what.
* Previous settings error [Fixed]
* Some exception errors [Fixed]
Posted Image

sn0man

sn0man
  • 7 posts

Yes my friend...This issue is solved in my next update. So far i didn't set to reduce the size of WIM even after selecting "Build current image only". In 1.04 you will get some more updates like

* Add multiple drivers
* Tweaks didn't applied correctly in previous versions [Fixed]
* WIM size not reduced even after selecting "Build current image only" [Fixed]
* USB bootable not worked in other language except English [Fixed]
* Errors in Unattended Answer sheet [Fixed]
* Tool tip for each components says size of the application and needed for what.
* Previous settings error [Fixed]
* Some exception errors [Fixed]

Sounds great Ben - any ETA on the next release?

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

Cool, wondering if it wouldn't be more useful to append the size to the end of the feature name (so we can see them all at once)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Also wondering if you want to create a section where people can import HKCU .reg files, and then 7Lite could mount/merge them into the default users hive. This way end-users have quick method to add their own personal reg-tweaks.

Basically it would need to edit the reg to match the hive mount point (in this case HKEY_USERS\TEST) before importing. Does that sound plausible ?

User would import a reg file looking like this.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"="1"
and 7Lite should mount the hive and change the registry key like this before merging the settings. (simple text replace)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\TEST\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"="1"

Just an idea.

Edited by MrJinje, 17 March 2010 - 05:35 AM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,952 posts

Donator

I'll never test a tool which requires turning off UAC :whistle:
Posted Image

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Its good not disabling UAC but just give a try dism and mount with that by enabling UAC at full level. It will give you a privilege error.
Posted Image

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,952 posts

Donator

simply change the manifest entry and request admin rights :whistle:

1 line to change is too difficult for you? Are you joking?
Posted Image

Elmoonfire

Elmoonfire

• 17 posts
When you remove parental controls in features removal it doesn't gray it out in the Tweaks section -> control panel tab. Same with phone and modem. Both tablet PC setting and speech recognizer are grayed out I'm assuming because I removed them in the features.

Oh and I get this error when I try to build the image. Trying to build Windows 7 Enterprise since it doesn't work with vlite. Its supposed to be exactly the same as Ultimate just without the premium games.

Attached File  RT 7 lite error.png   40.1KB   5 downloads

Attached File  RT 7lite error.txt   3.13KB   11 downloads

Edited by Elmoonfire, 17 March 2010 - 05:30 PM.

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
i find it funny that bens project has surpassed the couple other ones currently being worked on. i just made image with this and love all the extra things you can remove and tweak with his. now to see if the others ones follow suite with their development.

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

A lot of the rest of us are confident we can handle our own PC by ourselves. Run a good firewall / anti-virii and keep a good backup, I prefer Acronis. MS made that so simply annoying.
This is my PC not Microsofts

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 5,952 posts

Donator

sorry, you don't understand the sense of the UAC:

http://www.msfn.org/...hat-is-the-uac/

From a user which is here for 6 years, I've expected more knowledge :rolleyes:
Posted Image

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
UAC is a security in depth measure, not meant to be an annoyance. Consider su on a Unix system, when running as a non-admin user. UAC is basically the Windows amalgamation of that - integrity levels on processes, sandboxing in the browser, and the like. It's not really meant for those of us who would run a system as an administrator, but none of us do that in this day and age, right?
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

gusdi12

gusdi12
  • 5 posts

Would this be the temp folder for windows or the temp folder for the 7Lite tool?
Fingers crossed it for the 7Lite tool coz I don't have 20GB free space on C drive :)

Elmoonfire

Elmoonfire

• 17 posts
The error I posted above I guess doesn't have to do with the build being Enterprise version. I rebuilt the image by removing almost no components, just speech and help files and did no tweaks this time and the build compiled fine. Just had problems with the install, it doesn't accept my valid key for unattended install which I believe is the fault of the Enterprise version.

One thing I don't quite understand is the default programs off to the write when removing components. How does that work with the list of actual components on the left?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I would not touch UAC with a 10 foot pole even if my life depended on it :whistle:

Would this be the temp folder for windows or the temp folder for the 7Lite tool?
Fingers crossed it for the 7Lite tool coz I don't have 20GB free space on C drive :)

Thats for 7Lite i believe.
Anyway very nice changes Ben and keep it up :thumbup

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
sorry Ben but this must be said about UAC

sorry, you don't understand the sense of the UAC:
From a user which is here for 6 years, I've expected more knowledge :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what I have is more of that than the average user

Has anyone ever seen that movie Idiocracy (2006) http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
Kinda stupid and a little funny but I watched it one night and then I started thinking about the plot behind it but was already thinking these things with the 'Toyota Way' (which we don't hear no more for some unknown reason) out at work which is why the title caught my eye. The dumbing down of the world to an id*** level. Jeez I look around and thats what I am seeing. :w00t: :w00t:

Thats exactly what UAC is, I'm too stupid to maintain MY own computer? Here's your sign, wear it around your neck so when you are in the midst of Hard core Users we know who you are. I am in to Unattending and it's basically what all these programs do here is modify things so MY computer does what I want it to do, not what someone else thinks it should do. Thats for them users who shouldn't own a PC cause they can't update their Virus protection when it run's out, no clue. Firewall what is that? Backup uhhhh? I've seen too many of them

UAC is a security in depth measure, not meant to be an annoyance. Consider su on a Unix system, when running as a non-admin user. UAC is basically the Windows amalgamation of that - integrity levels on processes, sandboxing in the browser, and the like. It's not really meant for those of us who would run a system as an administrator, but none of us do that in this day and age, right?

Know all those things and have Sandboxie here, also VM with no Internet for testing that is.
I also don't use the Administrator account(which is password protected) cause I know that that might get me out of a bind in some cases.

I'm a PC geek, yes I admit it :blushing: out at work they can make me do them things but here at home
The UAC is off, but I can be back in 5 minutes if I think something went wrong.

EDIT: And I'm going to trust Microsoft with all these things where we know by hard core experience that they can't

Edited by maxXPsoft, 18 March 2010 - 09:47 AM.

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
UAC which is from Microsoft is a best thing but not all of them like that. I can change the manifest settings but everytime you have to run the app as administrator. Its upto the users hand whether they like it or not.
@ gusdi12 : You can change the RT 7 Lite temp directory only not system temp directory.

1.04 will be released on Saturday.
Posted Image

JeremyPureOC

JeremyPureOC

• 11 posts

1.04 will be released on Saturday.

I was planning on trying to build my disk again this afternoon, but it looks like i'll be waiting for Saturday so that I can upgrade. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, and one feature request: Could we please get the services list to be alphabetized in the tweaks section in the 1.04 release as well? That is the only thing about RT 7 Lite that has annoyed me after I got it running.
Thanks

Edited by JeremyPureOC, 18 March 2010 - 01:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN