Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

• Please log in to reply
1946 replies to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,887 posts

It will look for wimmount.sys file in system32\drivers or for 64-bit syswow64\drivers

Isn't that backwards? syswow64 represents the 32 bit stuff

"The operating system uses the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory for its 64-bit library and executable files. This is done for backwards compatibility reasons as many legacy applications are hardcoded to use that path. When executing 32-bit applications, WOW64 redirects requests for DLLs from that directory to %SystemRoot%\sysWOW64, which contains legacy libraries and executables."
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Which hotfix is that? Can you tell me the KB number?

Sorry i dont know.I was integrating like 150+ hotfixes at that time :lol:

I will bring build 1.05 a stable one.....where some of the important system cannot be deleted. Thank you "Tomorrow" for checking by deleting some of the important applications and reporting me.
* I will also make an automatic updates receiver for rt 7 lite. So that you will get the updates directly on your computer and it will download the installer.

Very nice.Glad to be of help.If i find something else i will report :thumbup

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts
I was testing out the latest build, 1.04 and for some reasons I'm getting this error. When I click continue, it just stuck at 48 percent and it won't go any further. Am I missing something? See the attach pic....

Attached Files

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

I was testing out the latest build, 1.04 and for some reasons I'm getting this error. When I click continue, it just stuck at 48 percent and it won't go any further. Am I missing something? See the attach pic....

are you running from the built in admin account? that is the exact same error i got when i did that. you can not run rt7lite from within the built in admin account. you need to create a user account with admin privileges.

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts

are you running from the built in admin account? that is the exact same error i got when i did that. you can not run rt7lite from within the built in admin account. you need to create a user account with admin privileges.

MMMMM, yeah I was running from a built admin account - eh, on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit O/S. Alright, I'll give that a shot and see how that goes...thanks hclarkjr.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
Are we able to run rt7lite in windows XP ? I have installed waik and flash, but when I start the app I get an error message that files are missing and to reinstall. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by Viper999, 22 March 2010 - 06:06 PM.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Are we able to run rt7lite in windows XP ? I have installed waik and flash, but when I start the app I get an error message that files are missing and to reinstall. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dont think so.You need DISM too

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

It will look for wimmount.sys file in system32\drivers or for 64-bit syswow64\drivers

Isn't that backwards? syswow64 represents the 32 bit stuff

"The operating system uses the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory for its 64-bit library and executable files. This is done for backwards compatibility reasons as many legacy applications are hardcoded to use that path. When executing 32-bit applications, WOW64 redirects requests for DLLs from that directory to %SystemRoot%\sysWOW64, which contains legacy libraries and executables."

Not backwards...our app is compiled for x86 architecture only not all....so it will look for syswow64
Posted Image

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Did you got the default features list in the right side?
Posted Image

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,887 posts

Not backwards...our app is compiled for x86 architecture only not all....so it will look for syswow64

k didn't realize that have 64 myself. MS couldn't be smart and say sytem32, system64. would have made too much sense
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

MMMMM, yeah I was running from a built admin account - eh, on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit O/S. Alright, I'll give that a shot and see how that goes...thanks hclarkjr.

did that fix it for you? hopefully ben can find way for it to be run from the built in admin account

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts

Did you got the default features list in the right side?

Unfortunately, no, the default features list not showing on the right side - see the attach pic.....

Attached Files

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts

did that fix it for you? hopefully ben can find way for it to be run from the built in admin account

Unfortunately, no, I tried run from non - built in admin account and still get back the same error - see the attach pic below - I'm thinking there is a conflict with Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit and the RT 7 Lite...I don't know, I can only guess. MMMMM

Attached Files

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Unfortunately, no, I tried run from non - built in admin account and still get back the same error - see the attach pic below - I'm thinking there is a conflict with Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit and the RT 7 Lite...I don't know, I can only guess. MMMMM

Whats your current host OS language?
Posted Image

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts

Whats your current host OS language?

Current O/S language is English (running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit)

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
make sure whether you already mounted that same wim using any other apps and missed to unmount.....!
Posted Image

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
ben, what is the command to unmount images through command prompt?

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

ben, what is the command to unmount images through command prompt?

dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%temp%\RT_Mount /discard

dism /cleanup-wim (to clean all mounted images)
Posted Image

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts
Hey Ben, sorry for the long delay to response....I had to do a clean slate and start over...this time, I'm able to get RT 7Lite working, but still encountered couple of errors.
Here is the main screen, where RT 7Lite is loading the image...

Posted Image

In the second shot below (this is after I selected the task that I want i.e. Integration, Components, and Bootable ISO), I added the updates...
NOTES: I had decided not to include tweaks, customization and un-attended since I'm just testing out the RT 7Lite.

Posted Image

Next, I added multiple drivers.....I didn't bother with adding Language Packs nor Applications.

Posted Image

Here is the shot of the Features Removal...note, the Default features finally showed up on the right - this never happen before when I was trying to get RT 7 Lite to work right...

Posted Image

Starting the process.....

Posted Image

Now I got this error pop up - this happen when RT 7Lite is integrating the Updates...

Posted Image

Process continues...here you see RT 7Lite integrating the drivers....

Posted Image

Another error pop-up in the process....I do not know what this error related to, maybe you can sled some light on this...

Posted Image

RT 7Lite disabling features and removing components as you can see in this pic...

Posted Image

At last, the process is complete and I'm able to create a bootable ISO image without any problems...

Posted Image

bensam56

bensam56

RT Seven Lite Developer

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Hey Ben, sorry for the long delay to response....I had to do a clean slate and start over...this time, I'm able to get RT 7Lite working, but still encountered couple of errors.

In the second shot below (this is after I selected the task that I want i.e. Integration, Components, and Bootable ISO), I added the updates...
NOTES: I had decided not to include tweaks, customization and un-attended since I'm just testing out the RT 7Lite.

Next, I added multiple drivers.....I didn't bother with adding Language Packs nor Applications.

Here is the shot of the Features Removal...note, the Default features finally showed up on the right - this never happen before when I was trying to get RT 7 Lite to work right...

Now I got this error pop up - this happen when RT 7Lite is integrating the Updates...

Another error pop-up in the process....I do not know what this error related to, maybe you can sled some light on this...

RT 7Lite disabling features and removing components as you can see in this pic...

At last, the process is complete and I'm able to create a bootable ISO image without any problems...

Thank you for reporting my friend...i will fix this
Posted Image

mrookie

mrookie

• 28 posts

Thank you for reporting my friend...i will fix this

No problems... B)

spidernz

spidernz

• 21 posts
Hi, i went through much the same as mrookie and made a bootable dvd with updates using steven4554 list (jcarle's Utilities> Windows Updates Downloader)and it worked but had same problem of that value -1 error and only some updates installed (screenshot) and also i removed components and used unattended.

Hope this helps

Attached Files

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
I get the "-1" error as well when adding latest round of x64 updates.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
ben, when is the next releaae?

clavicle

clavicle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Got this programme (1.04) working on my Win 7 X64 platform, iso created with no errors!

Great job bensam56!

I will be trying the installation to see the full results!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN