My logo in computer property is not visible, please help.

nice_guy75

Hi guys,

I was trying to change the windows logo in the computer property. I have replaced 1050 image in bitmap folder of shellbrd.dll but the image is not visible. I am unable to understand why so??????

2mooxzn.jpg

I need your help again, guys.

You can also edit the file "shellbrd.dll" inside Windows\Branding\ShellBrd\

Edit bitmap: 1050 (size 157x151); 2050 (size: 196x189); 3050 (size: 236x227).

You need to use an image .bmp (or convert an image in .bmp) with color depth 32, and with the same sizes.

Mountrw install.wim and take full control before on the file "shellbrd.dll".

Unmount /commit install.wim for save changing.

Here is my example:

Edited by myselfidem

In fact, after some tests, I see that it's needed to change only one bitmap inside "shellbrd.dll": bitmap 1050 (size: 157x151)... If you want to keep the icons in Welcome Center Display; otherwise there are not shown!

If you want edit the images, you can use GIMP 2.6.8; it's a very nice tool:

http://download.cnet...4-10073935.html

With only changing "bitmap 1050" and a customize "oemlogo.bmp":

Edited by myselfidem

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replies, you seem to me a enthusiast person. That is good but this is not as simple as you have explained, you must be doing all your customization on an already customized OS. To get that icon visible I had to remove the alpha 1 channel in Photoshop. I am assuming that you have changed that logo in an already customized OS mean the alpha 1 channel is already removed by that person who has customized the OS but if you are working on a fresh copy of Windows 7 the alpha 1 channel should be removed.

• 4 weeks later...
I am assuming that you have changed that logo in an already customized OS mean the alpha 1 channel is already removed by that person who has customized the OS

Thank you! :rolleyes:

I've made myself this changes in my own CLEAN and FRESH Windows 7 x86!

Just replace the image 1050 inside "shellbrd.dll" with your own image with the same size, same extension (bmp) and same depth colors!

I've opened and I've made the changes inside the .dll with "PE Explorer", and all works fine for me!

Edited by myselfidem

Thanks for all your replies, you seem to me a enthusiast person. That is good but this is not as simple as you have explained, you must be doing all your customization on an already customized OS. To get that icon visible I had to remove the alpha 1 channel in Photoshop. I am assuming that you have changed that logo in an already customized OS mean the alpha 1 channel is already removed by that person who has customized the OS but if you are working on a fresh copy of Windows 7 the alpha 1 channel should be removed.

You've right! I've forgotten to explain this important detail!

I use GIMP and it's needed to choose the good option for colors.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem