Seagate Firmware List - Good vs. Bad

Though I'd posted on the 7200.11 Seagate thread originally it seems it may be better to simply have a repository where people can indicate which firmwares are "good" and which are "bad" and require updates...

Here is my list of drives and firmware versions...

1.5TB

+ CC1H – 7200rpm (7200.11 model)

+ CC34 – 5900rpm (LP model)

500GB

+ 3.AAE – 7200.10 model

+ 3.AAF – 7200.10 model

+ SD15 – 7200rpm (7200.11 model)– FAILED --> firmware requires update*

320GB

+ 3.AAC – 7200.10 model

250GB

+ 3.AAH – 7200.9 model

Seagate's s/n tool indicates a firmware update is required only for the SD15 500GB drive that failed.

[ Seagate S/N Lookup Tool Link https://apps1.seagate.com/rms_af_srl_chk/ ]

* The above tool will present a link to the firmware downloads.

When entering your drive's s/n make sure you use capital letters (apparently lower case will give incorrect results). Make sure you've got good lighting reading the s/n! S or 6 can look like 5 or 8 and V V can look like W!

Even though the tool states the other firmwares are fine, I'm wary. So I've done google searches for the others without much success in finding whether other firmwares are okay or not.

As near as I can tell and from what I’ve found so far – the CCxx and 3.AAx firmwares do not require updates.

Anyone have additional information on any of the non-SD15 firmwares?

Any experience suggesting a conclusion that the CCxx and 3.AAx firmwares don't require updates is incorrect?

Please post your firmware results here. This way folks checking to see if the firmware is problematic can quickly do so (without relying solely on Seagate's tool).