Im trying to prepare a VistaHome installation for imaging but not everything goes as smooth as I was expecting.
Im starting the Vista in Audit Mode right after completing the initial installation.
In Audit Mode; I install applications that I want on my image. Mainly the windows updates, office pack and anti-virus software etc.
I also do some custom configuration both to windows and IE like, I turn off UAC, turning notifications from Security Center, some Startup & Recover changes etc.
According to my(limited) reading on the subject, the "Copy Profile" option in the answer file should let me carry out these configuration settings to my syspreped installation. However it does not!
I use WAIK v6.0.6001.18000 to create my answer file and I use the command "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:sysprepvista32.xml" in audit mode to prepare my installation for imaging.
The problems Im having, after restarting my syspreped installation, are these.
- The UAC setting is turned on even though I have turned it off in Audit Mode.
- The Security Center keeps notifying even though I have turned it off in Audit mode.
I would like to remind you that I have the "<CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>" entry in my answer file.
- Each time I connect to a different network Im asked to choose the network type if it is home, work or public.
I have the "<NetworkLocation>Home</NetworkLocation>" entry in myanswer file and I thought the vista will assume the network type will be "Home" by default whenever I connect to a network.
- IE8 keeps popping up the "Welcome Screen", even though I have the "<IEWelcomeMsg>false</IEWelcomeMsg>"entry in my answer file.
- The changes I have done in the Startup & Recovery setting; like not to restart after a blue screen etc.
I have also attached my answer file.
I would be very happy if someone can tell me whats going on, what Im doing wrong.
Number of downloads: 11
This post has been edited by hgurol: 11 March 2010 - 01:21 PM