Mounting/Unmounting images too slow?

Just as the title says, I have problems with the mounting and unmounting speed of Windows 7 wim images... I have the WAIK for Win 7, and it takes very long to mount or unmount a ~2GB wim image, sometimes even up to half an hour or more. Back when I was unattending Vista, the image was mounted and unmounted in a few minutes max., even with a lot of changes included.

Is this a general issue with the new WAIK, do others have the same problem, or it's just me? And no, I don't have a low spec PC ;)

Yes it is a lot slower. I do my mounting/unmounting using the server (imagex.WDS.local) in the "My Servers" link in my sig. A Win7 image takes about 1 minute to mount and about 2 minutes to save and unmount. I've just learned to live with it.

Try same image on a different machine, I know the HDD speed plays a small part, but under no circumstance should it be taking half an hour.

Maybe you should use Resource Monitor and see what kind of disk activity is going on during the un-mount, it may turn out to be something else is using the disk causing the slowdown. (or not) but you won't know until you check.

Thanks for your replies. The problem didn't seem related with any other program, as I tried on another pc and still the same (although it had almost the same programs installed, except antivirus); I also tried on both PCs with the antivirus disabled, defragmenter disabled, most processes closed etc. However, I started using DISM tool :) instead of GImageX and all it's fine now (1-2 mins mounting, 2-5 max. unmounting).