"Welcome back Energiser said the main page?

lordpake

I has a questions:

Are you on a private network? Like a school or on a W/LAN that has other people accessing the internet?

If you are behind a router, MSFN (or actually IPB in general) may read you as being a different user coming from the same IP address. This may also happen if you are using a Proxy Server.

Are you on a private network? Like a school or on a W/LAN that has other people accessing the internet?

That's a negative.

I am a private DSL customer with only one PC behind this router, with one public semi-permanent IP address. I do not use any ISP proxies and as far as I know my ISP (TeliaSonera) does not enforce any 'invisible' proxies on their user.

Incidentally, this was the first time I was able to access msfn.org since my last post. Traceroute traced the connection issue to somewhere in ThePlanet network.

Xper fixed a problem with the front end, let us know if you still show up as someone else. Yes, we are on theplanet, that is normal. There have also been some server problems that Xper working on yesterday. I sometimes cannot get to MSFN last week but that issue was not with the forum but something else along the way to theplanet.

Problem still persists. Main page still identifies me as someone else.

I have cleared cookies.

When I arrive to main page it tells me to log in (even though it should remember me) and after logging in I get this http://yfrog.com/bhmsfnj that is followed by main page identifying me as someone else.

Another variation to this that I am also seeing is that after that "double logging in" shown in the above screenshot I am still not logged in on the main page.

Edited by lordpake

At home, I have the main forum index bookmarked. However, if I am at work, I have the main site (msfn.org) as my bookmark. When I go there, it also shows that I am not logged in, however it is just on that page. If I were to click on a news item, it will then say "Welcome Tripredacus" as it should and I could comment on a news post if I wanted. Now if I just click "Enter the Forums" link on the left, when I get to the board index, I am logged in.

While the main page of the site may not show you logged in, and is an actual problem or bug, it doesn't (for me anyways) appear that any time I would need to use my account I am not logged in. Try not logging in from the main site and see what happens. Now if you go to the board url (msfn.org/board) and you are logged in as someone else, that would be a big problem!

Also, in my case, if I choose to log in from the main index (not the board index) and it refreshes and I am still not "logged in." At this point it would appear to be just a display issue. The main index is not showing you as being logged on when you actually are.