Dependencies set by Language Selection in WPI

Hi all,

Fantastic product you have here!

Is there any way to change the language without going to the Options menu? I fear that if someone doesn't understand the default language, they won't figure out how to change the language. Ideally, I'd like the same drop-down menu that's in the Options section available somewhere near the default selection.

Also, is there a way to set the dependencies based off of the currently selected language setting? I like the users to be able to select the language, then have the installations reflect which language to install based off that selection. So if there are App1, App2, App3 each having a separate install for English, French, and German; is there a way for users to select English, then to have only the English versions of the Apps be selectable?

Thanks!

The default langauge is their language, not what I preset it to.

getOSlang()=="ENU"

Press Alt+G to see them all.

Right, I understand that but the users may want to install a different language other than what the OS language is set to.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose I could add another command line arg:

WPI.exe lang=ENU

Specifiy whatever 3 letter language code you need. Would that help?

Hi mritter, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I don't know if that would help because I wouldn't know which language they need at the time I start up WPI. Unless you're saying that this would be a command *within* WPI that changes the language on the fly... that would be awesome.

Brian

gNarly = I really don't like saying this, but here it goes anyways:

Are you using WPI in a Buisness or Corporate enviroment? That is no longer allowed without a purchase of a WPI license agreement please read the license in the about section.

or

Are you making a warez release? That DEFINATLY is not allowed...

gNarly = I really don't like saying this, but here it goes anyways:

Are you using WPI in a Buisness or Corporate enviroment? That is no longer allowed without a purchase of a WPI license agreement please read the license in the about section.

or

Are you making a warez release? That DEFINATLY is not allowed...

:) I guess I'm making a Business release. Many apologies. I guess I'll read the license agreement and make a purchase if necessary. :)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

You would normally leave the language selected to "By System (Default)" so if it is run in Germany it will load the German lang file. If run in France it will load the French lang file. Etc.... WPI will figure out which lang file to use. If doesn't exist, it will use English.

• 2 weeks later...

@gNarly

What you want is infeasible. When a Program is Multilangual, is the Program dependent from the OS Language in most cases.

In other cases from the Program in self (most English).