Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Convert .AVI videos for iPhone

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05

I been trying for days to convert some AVI files so I can play them on the iPhone. But nothing has worked so far. Some AVI files that I converted a few months ago appear went on the phone and work, but now when I use the same program, Videora, it doesn't work.

So, I decided to try other programs such as handbreak, winff, and a few others out there. I'm going to try using Media Coder.

I've talk to people who have some of these programs and a iPhone 3g and I set up their setting just like mine and it doesn't work, I can play them in quicktime too, but it wont work for the iPhone.

When I drag and drop onto the phone, it just says that it cannot be played on this device. I get that every single time, no matter what I do, and it's just getting to be a pain in the butt, Other people who I know that have an iPhone, has never ever had that program.

I don't get how it could be me that is doing something wrong, because I haven't changed anything since then. I don't know what is going on.

I hope someone can help me here, please. Thanks.

Edited by Nerwin, 07 April 2010 - 09:47 AM.

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

borgylicious

borgylicious
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-January 10
I've been successful using Handbrake with DVD Shrink... what I normally do is use DVD Shrink to copy all the contents from a DVD disc then convert it to an iPhone/iPod compatible movie file... been successful 100%.

Edited by borgylicious, 22 April 2010 - 06:59 PM.

MS WinXP PRO SP3 | Dell Studio 1535

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN