Nero 9.0 Restarts after silent install?

crunch81

Good Day,

When Nero 9 is finished with silent install, the system will restart. How can I prevent this?

Now I have this: "%wpipath%\Install\Nero\Nero 9 Essentials\setupx.exe" /i /qb SERIALNUMBER="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" EULAACCEPTED="1"

Which command can I add that the systen don't restart?

thanks for the answers.

Mine is slightly different, maybe it helps?

start /wait Setupx.exe /i /q SERIALNUMBER="0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000" EULAACCEPTED="1"

and mine from Nero8

start /wait SetupX.exe /qb! /l*v "c:\windows\NeroSetupLog.txt" NSC_OPT="FALSE" NSC_DEFAULT_OFF="TRUE"

I added the last one in case those different switches work with Nero9.

Edited by Tripredacus
codebox being stupid :p

start /wait Setupx.exe /i /q SERIALNUMBER="0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000" EULAACCEPTED="1"

and mine from Nero8

start /wait SetupX.exe /qb! /l*v "c:\windows\NeroSetupLog.txt" NSC_OPT="FALSE" NSC_DEFAULT_OFF="TRUE"

Thanks for the reply!

"Start/Wait" will not work in WPI. I thought that the /qb switch was to show progress bar. The rest is the same...Strange.. Nero 9 is really hard to make it a good unattended install....

Those switches look like msiexec switches. The switches of msiexec can be accessed by typing msiexec /? into a run box or a command prompt window and press enter. A window will show up with the switches available for use.

Although you may have no use for Start /Wait mentioned, you may need to run %comspec% alias CMD.exe (the command interpreter) to use Start /Wait.

Example

CMD /c start /wait path/to/app

Those switches look like msiexec switches. The switches of msiexec can be accessed by typing msiexec /? into a run box or a command prompt window and press enter. A window will show up with the switches available for use.

Although you may have no use for Start /Wait mentioned, you may need to run %comspec% alias CMD.exe (the command interpreter) to use Start /Wait.

Example

CMD /c start /wait path/to/app

Thanks very much,

I will give this a try.

and mine from Nero8

Thanks for the reply!

"Start/Wait" will not work in WPI. I thought that the /qb switch was to show progress bar. The rest is the same...Strange.. Nero 9 is really hard to make it a good unattended install....

Yes we can't even use Nero9 because the OEM install is not compatible with Windows 7. We are still using Nero 8 but when it runs out we won't have anything to use! We are still waiting for Nero to fix it, but its been a long time now.

and mine from Nero8

Thanks for the reply!

Yes we can't even use Nero9 because the OEM install is not compatible with Windows 7. We are still using Nero 8 but when it runs out we won't have anything to use! We are still waiting for Nero to fix it, but its been a long time now.

I am Using Nero 9 Essentials, It is a OEM version but it had a Serial key. It works ok.....Or are you talking about a other version that don't work?

No, I'm talking about installing Nero9 without a product key. The activation portion (where you manually type in the key) after install (NeroSmartStart.exe) is not compatible with Windows 7 and crashes after you type in the key and click the next button. A normal install where you either choose to put the product key in your cmdline, or manually run it off the CD works fine in Windows 7.

No, I'm talking about installing Nero9 without a product key. The activation portion (where you manually type in the key) after install (NeroSmartStart.exe) is not compatible with Windows 7 and crashes after you type in the key and click the next button. A normal install where you either choose to put the product key in your cmdline, or manually run it off the CD works fine in Windows 7.

Seriously,

That is weird! Well, then I am lucky that I want a unattended install :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the reply!

A little late to the party, but it looks like it's an MSI wrapper given the command-line switches. Try adding REBOOT=ReallySuppress to see if that works.

Thanks for the reply!

A little late to the party, but it looks like it's an MSI wrapper given the command-line switches. Try adding REBOOT=ReallySuppress to see if that works.

Thanks for the advise, It was better that I would posted the solution, for that I apologise.

The problem was A damaged ISO made with 7Customizer. I started all over again with a fresh install and fresh WPI and it works now.

Thanks for the reply.