DNS Settings and Domain Name

Hello,

A Slight problem, basically I own a Domain name, which is hosting our company website, say for example domain.com

And my Server/DC has the Domain name of domain.com

So when i try and access my website, my webmail etc, i just simply get page cannot be displayed, is there an easy way of resolving this, without having to reconfigure the server/DC?

Thanks,

Ethan :)

You can create an A record for "www" to the external IP address, and for any other external resource you want to access from the network.

How big is your domain?

The Domain is has only got 1 Server and 3 Clients, its a work related domain controller, i don't beleive i have a fixed IP address with my Web Host.

Ethan, is this related to this thread?

http://www.msfn.org/board/domain-name-t143083.html

Has it happens no its not, Basically the no-ip issue is not that important, its just a nuicance bacause i bought a second domain for the no-ip purpose, this issue is that basically if i go to my browser and type in domain.com it will not allow me to access my website, because i beleive it thinks im trying to access the domain? :S

Does this make sence?

Thanks, for your continued help lol.

Hey, little update, ive managed to sort it out, i simply added a A record, to my hosts IP address, my host, (hostgator). asked me if i planned to host the mailing server myself, i declined, but is that possible, if i was to use exchange server, can i get it to issue email address' using my @domain.com name?

you would be able to get mail at that address yes, you would need to be able to set up MX records with hostgator to point to your Exchange server on your Domain

When i update the MX record and point to my IP address, its telling me its invalid, i think it needs to have it in Domain terms/TLD. so what would i put?

Sounds like you might want to do some required reading first, before asking more DNS questions - these are really pretty basic, and while I'm sure someone here could help, in this instance you really should help yourself. Hint - talk to hostgator about what MX records THEY need to set up so that mail sent to @yourdomain.tld is delivered to one of your IPs if that's what you want to do.