Windows driver update question in slipstreamed Win7 install

So far, I have observed (perhaps incorrectly) that if I slipstream Microsoft's critical updates into Win7 x64, the resulting install won't search for and install device drivers in Windows Update. Am I correct? And if so, is there a fix? This driver update feature is really useful and time saving, and I would hate to lose it, altough, not having to install the updates saves much time! (P. S. I really like 7customizer, please keep up the good work).

So far, I have observed (perhaps incorrectly) that if I slipstream Microsoft's critical updates into Win7 x64, the resulting install won't search for and install device drivers in Windows Update. Am I correct? And if so, is there a fix? This driver update feature is really useful and time saving, and I would hate to lose it, altough, not having to install the updates saves much time! (P. S. I really like 7customizer, please keep up the good work).

So go there and post if thats the problem.

Although to search for driver updates go to windows update settings and check the box under recommended updates.

Works here, but I'm not using a tool to slipstream driver updates. I wonder if there's some correlation with doing it with a tool like 7Customizer versus using dism manually.

This may be the case. There are issues in XP regarding slipstreaming that are actually features, not bugs. Perhaps Microsoft thought that if one slipstreams updates, then one must also include drivers. In my case, this is NOT desirable behavior, but it might be simply the way God (alias Microsoft) intended it. I seriously doubt 7Customizer is at fault here, just like nLite was not at fault for the "bugs" in XP's slipstreaming process.

I have health, and other issues which prevent me from spending as much time on this as I would like, so the actual purpose of this question was to tap into others' experience. So if there is a way for anyone else, who has more resource than I, to test this, I would appreciate the help. Also, since I did not get lots of definitive answers, AND because Win7 is so new, I suspect that this information would be useful to everyone else. Thanks for your answer, which is so far, the best I have received. I will try to test this myself, but it will take time because I only have a couple of hours a day that I am well enough to work.

So go there and post if thats the problem.

Although to search for driver updates go to windows update settings and check the box under recommended updates.

No, I am not sure you understand me here. Nor am I sure I understand you exactly! In all cases, the box you suggest be checked is checked, which is the default. You say "go there and post if thats the problem" (sic) but where is "there?" Sorry for the confusion. See the other answer from cluberti. He/she seems to have grasped my meaning better. I apologize for my poor explanation, but I am not in the best of shape right now, and just writing these posts is about all I can accomplish in a day.

Maybe it is the default but I don't think so cause it never has been in 7 years I've been doing Unattended, however I don't know cause I disable the updates when I'm installing. I want to set WU after i'm done

'There' I meant the 7customizer sticky cause if you're using it that would be most likely place to ask if anyone else has that, it has some bugs, but I haven't seen that one posted there.

I've done Drivers, Updates with and without each other and never had the problem your describing.

Edited by maxXPsoft