Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIPFC-2K

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09
HFSLIPFC-2K (HFSLIP File Checker 2K) is an extension for Windows 2000 users for HFSLIP File Checker. It's based on list maintained now by bristols.

HFSLIPFC-2K

Changelog:

Spoiler

Edited by Parseus, 19 February 2012 - 07:18 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

stephan_bauer

stephan_bauer

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
Hello Parseus,

thank you for the script.

This is what I found:
- There is a version 2 of KB975002: Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB975025-v2-x86-DEU.exe
- WindowsRightsManagementServices has a strange language naming. For German:WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-GER-x86.exe
This is already solved in the original hfslipfc.cmd
- Old versions of kb890830 are not included. Found in hfslipfc.cmd
R|HF\windows-kb890830-v3.0.exe|Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.0, replaced by v3.1
R|HF\windows-kb890830-v3.1.exe|Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.1, replaced by v3.2
R|HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe|Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.2, replaced bei v3.3
R|HF\windows-kb890830-v3.3.exe|Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.3, replaced bei v3.4
R|HF\windows-kb890830-v3.4.exe|Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.4, replaced bei v3.5
- IE install file HFCABS\SCRIPTGER.CAB is called SCRIPTDE.CAB in German

Regards

Stephan

Edited by stephan_bauer, 18 April 2010 - 06:23 AM.

stephan_bauer

stephan_bauer

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
There are no language versions of WindowsMedia9-KB891122-x86-Global-ENU.exe

windows-kb890830-v3.6.exe missing

stephan_bauer

stephan_bauer

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
There is a version 2 of KB911280: Windows2000-KB911280-v2-x86-DEU.EXE
There is a version 2 of KB961371: Windows2000-KB961371-V2-x86-DEU.EXE

OE6.0sp1-KB973354-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe missing
repaces OE6.0sp1-KB951066-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe

There are these two entries:
R|HF\Windows2000-KB941644-x86-!lang!.EXE|MS08-001: TCP/IP, replaced by KB953230
R|HF\Windows2000-KB945553-x86-!lang!.EXE|MS08-020: DNS Client, replaced by KB953230
but no KB953230

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09
Thanks for all, stephan_bauer. I updated the first post and a link to HFSLIPFC 2K.

stephan_bauer

stephan_bauer

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
Windows2000-KB977816-x86-DEU.EXE is called Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB977816-x86-DEU.exe
windows-kb890830-v3.6.exe still missing
windows-kb890830-v3.5.exe obsolete

WindowsRightsManagementServices not fixed you need the code from hfslipfc.cmd "Getting lang2 and ln979099 from lang"

To my knowlegde this rootupd.exe is the lastest working with w2k:
http://www.download....658a4f6d589.exe
found at http://users.telenet...nup/_win2k.html

This update is also at the list of http://www.vorck.com...fixes_2000.html
Windows2000-KB924667-x86-ENU.EXE

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09
Thanks again :-) First post updated.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05
anyone willing to make a version suitable for 2k3 and another for XP x64???

it would be greatly appreciated!

bye!

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09

anyone willing to make a version suitable for 2k3 and another for XP x64???

it would be greatly appreciated!

bye!

I'm not making a promise, but I'll think about that ;)

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07
If we end up having one for XP, 2K, 2K3, and XP64 - not knowing anything at all about the inner workings, but does it make any sense at all to combine them in some way? It just seems to me that by having one program to update rather than multiple versions there would be less to update, easier to keep in sync, less likely an error would creep into one version and not another, etc, etc. And of course my argument would then be to include it as a part of HFSLIP itself. But that's just my two cents. I've always thought that functions so closely related should be combined, but I know others think it's better to keep each function separate. Different programming styles I guess.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

My2GirlsDad

My2GirlsDad

Junior

• Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 28-December 08
Firstly, thank you for creating this program for Win2k. I've been using Mimo's XP Checker since it inception and both of these programs help greatly to keep track of our update lists.

I would like to point out a couple of problems I have found.

unknown: HF\Windows2000-KB981349-x86-ENU.EXE
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB981350-x86-ENU.EXE (MS10-022: VBScript (update from 5.1 to 5.6 version))

KB981349 updates VBSCRIPT from version 5.1 to 5.7. On these updates it would be either but not both. Maybe you need an entry in the INI file whether user wants version 5.6 or version 5.7. Something to think about.

missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB917537-x86-ENU.EXE (MS06-034: Internet Information Services (IIS))
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB926121-x86-ENU.EXE (MS06-077: Remote Installation Services)
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB926247-x86-ENU.EXE (MS06-074: SNMP)
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB942831-x86-ENU.EXE (MS08-005: Internet Information Services (IIS))
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB953155-x86-ENU.EXE (MS08-062: Internet Printing Service)
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB957097-x86-ENU.EXE (MS08-068: SMB)
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB976323-x86-ENU.EXE (MS10-024: SMTP Service
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB977290-x86-ENU.EXE (MS10-014: Kerberos)
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB975025-v2-x86-ENU.exe (MS09-051: Audio Compression Manager)
missing (S): HF\WindowsMedia9-KB969878-x86-ENU.exe (MS09-051: WMA Voice Codec)

You have all the updates tagged as High-Priority, but I believe they should be marked as Optional as Windows/Microsoft Updates does not ask for any of them. Am I correct?

unknown: HFCABS\_IE6_HFSLIP.CAB
unknown: HFCABS\_IE6b_HFSLIP.CAB
unknown: HFCABS\_OE6_HFSLIP.CAB

These files are created the first time you run HFSLIP. Should they be included in your list?

Found unexpected version of Roots Certificates (HF\rootsupd.exe)

While you have the version correct, 22.0.2195.0 SEP 2009, the size you have is incorrect. The size should be 239000.

Thank again for all your efforts

M2GD

Edited by My2GirlsDad, 25 April 2010 - 06:51 AM.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

If we end up having one for XP, 2K, 2K3, and XP64 - not knowing anything at all about the inner workings, but does it make any sense at all to combine them in some way? It just seems to me that by having one program to update rather than multiple versions there would be less to update, easier to keep in sync, less likely an error would creep into one version and not another, etc, etc. And of course my argument would then be to include it as a part of HFSLIP itself. But that's just my two cents. I've always thought that functions so closely related should be combined, but I know others think it's better to keep each function separate. Different programming styles I guess.

Cheers and Regards

That's possible. The FC can use any update-list, not just the internal which is for XPSP3. Currently it can be configured in the INI - no automatism.
I've compared Parseus changes and there is a little bit to do because W2K has a few other sections than XP. But the changes are minimal.

Just an idea for a first step:
- I include Parseus changes, Parseus offers a current update-list for W2K.
- I make an OS-detection of the SOURCE-folder to take the correct update-list automatically.

Second step:
- I extend the automatic update to download not just the current version of the FC, but also the update-list(s)

Third step:
- Support other OSs

If Parseus like to to that... ;)

Edited by Mim0, 25 April 2010 - 04:30 AM.

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
MG2D - If your winnt.sif file has IIS or whatever optional stuff installed, then WU will prompt for an update. If it's not installed, then WU won't ask for it. However, if the iso is all up to snuff and you installed some other optional windows component later on, the latest binary will be ready to go.
Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

unknown: HF\Windows2000-KB981349-x86-ENU.EXE
missing (S): HF\Windows2000-KB981350-x86-ENU.EXE (MS10-022: VBScript (update from 5.1 to 5.6 version))

KB981349 updates VBSCRIPT from version 5.1 to 5.7. On these updates it would be either but not both. Maybe you need an entry in the INI file whether user wants version 5.6 or version 5.7. Something to think about.

INI-entry is not necessary. Security-Updates (MS...) are mandatory. But Parseus can define a dependency-check in the update-tables in that way that KB981350 will not shown as missing when KB981349 is existing. And even more: KB981350 will be shown as obsolete if KB981349 was found. :)

You have all the updates tagged as High-Priority, but I believe they should be marked as Optional as Windows/Microsoft Updates does not ask for any of them. Am I correct?

MS... are always mandatory. As tommy already said, it's good to have the latest binaries on your cd even if you don't install them.

These files are created the first time you run HFSLIP. Should they be included in your list?

I thought that hfslip always deletes files which are created by hfslip (regarding the folders HF, CABS, ...). For that, Parseus has to define an IGNORE-section containing these files. :)

CU...

Edited by Mim0, 25 April 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09
New version released.

That's possible. The FC can use any update-list, not just the internal which is for XPSP3. Currently it can be configured in the INI - no automatism.
I've compared Parseus changes and there is a little bit to do because W2K has a few other sections than XP. But the changes are minimal.

Just an idea for a first step:
- I include Parseus changes, Parseus offers a current update-list for W2K.
- I make an OS-detection of the SOURCE-folder to take the correct update-list automatically.

Second step:
- I extend the automatic update to download not just the current version of the FC, but also the update-list(s)

Third step:
- Support other OSs

If Parseus like to to that... ;)

Sure, no problem ;) HFSLIPFC 2K has been already prepared for automatic update BTW. I think both HFSLIP FC's could be released as one f.e. after the May updates, but I also think it couldn't be any problem for releasing it earlier :)

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

...HFSLIPFC 2K has been already prepared for automatic update BTW

Yes, but I mean to split the automatic update in two parts: the fc itself and the update lists. ;)

I think both HFSLIP FC's could be released as one f.e. after the May updates, but I also think it couldn't be any problem for releasing it earlier :)

OK, that was the start! :)

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
Maybe I can interject a dumb idea. Perhaps have a total of 3 files. One file can be the FC "engine" and the other two files are the look up tables. Maybe automate the table downloading from the fc engine too. I'm not sure how to do all that stuff though.
Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Maybe I can interject a dumb idea. Perhaps have a total of 3 files. One file can be the FC "engine" and the other two files are the look up tables.

That's what I want to say in my postings above :)

Maybe automate the table downloading from the fc engine too.

Of course, no prob:

Second step:

But all files must be hosted on a web/ftp-server with direct access for WGET (instead of a file-hoster like mediafire, rapidshare...). My files are on a "normal" web-server, probably Parseus can find also a way for the W2K-list... ;)

Edited by Mim0, 26 April 2010 - 04:02 AM.

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

But all files must be hosted on a web/ftp-server with direct access for WGET

Not trying to be presumptuous, but if a stable home is needed for these files, would it be at all possible for them to be hosted either with the other HFSLIP files, or with fdv's files, or here on MSFN? As I have said, I always like the idea of related things being kept together. Of course if either space or bandwidth is an issue I totally understand. Just my two cents.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Not trying to be presumptuous, but if a stable home is needed for these files, would it be at all possible for them to be hosted either with the other HFSLIP files, or with fdv's files, or here on MSFN? As I have said, I always like the idea of related things being kept together. Of course if either space or bandwidth is an issue I totally understand.

I think bandwidth is not the prob. An update-list are just a few bytes and there are not a million fc-users :D.

But even if the files are on different servers - the FC will know the URLs for downloading the current lists. There's no need to have them on the same server.

To have them on the same server is more an "organizational problem". I want to access and update my files directly - just in time. I don't like the idea to send someone my files for putting them on a web-server.

Edited by Mim0, 26 April 2010 - 08:11 AM.

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07
Sorry. My misunderstanding. :unsure: I thought you were looking for a home for the files. Never mind.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09

I extended your SP detection to simple OS and SP detection few minutes ago:

REM --------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Detection of operating system and Service Pack already included in SOURCE 
FOR /l %%i in (1,1,4) DO (
  IF EXIST SOURCE\cdromsp%%i.tst (
    SET sp=SP%%i
    SET OS=2K
  )
  ELSE IF EXIST SOURCE\WIN51IP.SP%%i (
    SET sp=SP%%i
    SET OS=XP
  )
)

I'm not exactly sure how to do that for automatic updates, though.

My files are on a "normal" web-server, probably Parseus can find also a way for the W2K-list... ;)

I was thinking about my own site with updates, but also with hotfixes. I'm still thinking, though ;)

Edited by Parseus, 26 April 2010 - 08:34 AM.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

REM Detection of operating system and Service Pack already included in SOURCE 
FOR /l %%i in (1,1,4) DO (
  IF EXIST SOURCE\cdromsp%%i.tst (
    SET sp=SP%%i
    SET OS=2K
  )
  ELSE IF EXIST SOURCE\WIN51IP.SP%%i (
    SET sp=SP%%i
    SET OS=XP
  )
)

Same idea! :D

Some questions for the w2k-version:
For MSXML: Why you can define in the INI the installation (integration) of MSXML2? MSXML2 is part of W2K (I thought). You should add MSXML3 instead...

For DX9: Do you know the reason two have the options for Dx9-Standard and Dx9-Gaming?

Another for DX9: You have two sections calling DX9X. "My" DX9X is a list of CABs for DX9 (DX9-eXtracted)...

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09

Some questions for the w2k-version:
For MSXML: Why you can define in the INI the installation (integration) of MSXML2? MSXML2 is part of W2K (I thought). You should add MSXML3 instead...

For DX9: Do you know the reason two have the options for Dx9-Standard and Dx9-Gaming?

Another for DX9: You have two sections calling DX9X. "My" DX9X is a list of CABs for DX9 (DX9-eXtracted)...

MSXML: I based my HFSLIPFC 2K on bristols list, but according to this, MSXML2 (like MSXML3) is already included. Could anyone give me versions of msxml2.dll, msxml2a.dll and msxml2r.dll from Windows 2000 (if they exist on CD)? I need to check these updates from bristols list, but I haven't got 2000 disc now.

DX9: I had a small discussion with bristols and in fact it's up to user - he can use DX9 standard (I call it "lite") or DX9 gaming ("full" - DX9 standard + additional binaries mainly for gaming).

Sections with DX9X:

REM Check if DX9 is already extracted
IF EXIST !xdx9File! (
SET dx=DX9X
) ELSE IF EXIST !dx9File! (
SET dx=DX9X
) ELSE IF EXIST !d9File! (
SET dx=DX9
) ELSE (
SET dx=DX7
)

That code checks if exists:
1) extracted DX9 for gaming
2) unextracted DX9 for gaming
3) DX9 standard (unextracted)
4) no DX9 redistributables

DX9 gaming don't supersedes DX9 standard. I think I'll change that code a bit.

Edited by Parseus, 27 April 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

MSXML: I based my HFSLIPFC 2K on bristols list, but according to this, MSXML2 (like MSXML3) is already included. Could anyone give me versions of msxml2.dll, msxml2a.dll and msxml2r.dll from Windows 2000 (if they exist on CD)? I need to check these updates from bristolslist, but I haven't got 2000 disc now.

I think my thoughts yesterday are not correct. MSXML3 was shipped with W2K, not MSXML2.

REM Check if DX9 is already extracted
IF EXIST !xdx9File! (
  SET dx=DX9X     <<<============================== !!!
) ELSE IF EXIST !dx9File! (
  SET dx=DX9X     <<<============================== !!!
) ELSE IF EXIST !d9File! (
SET dx=DX9
) ELSE (
SET dx=DX7
)

In both cases you are using DX9X as the section-name for DirecX-Updates.

In general: The behaviour of the fc is the following: All sections (of the files containing in the fileset) with the same name are taken!

In your case: You have two DX9X-sections in your fc. Both are taken if you set dx to DX9X.

Edited by Mim0, 26 April 2010 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users