HFSLIPFC-2K

Parseus

Also I tried to set

R|HFCABS\_IE6_HFSLIP.CAB|remains from IE6 slipstreaming in HFSLIP, you can delete it

R|HFCABS\_IE6b_HFSLIP.CAB|remians from IE6 slipstreaming in HFSLIP, you can delete it

R|HFCABS\_OE6_HFSLIP.CAB|remians from IE6 slipstreaming in HFSLIP, you can delete it

to the ignore list but this doesn't work. Other entries in the list are working.

So far, the IGNORE-list is used to suppress the output of missing updates (non-existing but expected updates).

Reporting obsolete/wrong updates are _not_ affected by the IGNORE-list.

I'll try to fix that problems with DX9 in my free time. If you have got any ideas or clues though, it'll be very helpful ;)

I will look at this :) Not this evening but tomorrow...

Parseus,

With your new version, the DirectX 9(gaming)already extracted in HFCABS under Operating-System Specific Settings is reporting "no" even though I have extracted it. It had worked correctly in the previous version. Typo maybe?

M2GD

Maybe not exactly a typo, but something similar. Anyway, new version released.

Parseus,

With your new version, the DirectX 9(gaming)already extracted in HFCABS under Operating-System Specific Settings is reporting "no" even though I have extracted it. It had worked correctly in the previous version. Typo maybe?

M2GD

Maybe not exactly a typo, but something similar. Anyway, new version released.

Hello Parseus,

Thanks for the quick fix, works great now.

M2GD

• 3 weeks later...

New version released. You can also finally enable auto-update :)

Parseus,

Thanks for the new version.

I did find two errors.

unknown: HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.exe

missing (S): HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB979902-x86-ENU.exe (MS10-033: Windows Media Format Runtime 9)

I believe these are the same thing. The update is KB978695 and the article is KB979902. Your change log is correct. Typo? It replaces Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB968816-x86-ENU.

Also, concerning directx_Jun2010_redist in HFCAB, I'm getting following "errors":

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dcsx_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dcsx_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx10_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx10_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx11_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx11_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XACT_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XACT_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XAudio_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab

Thanks for your hard work. I hope this helps.

M2GD

I did find two errors.

unknown: HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.exe

missing (S): HF\Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB979902-x86-ENU.exe (MS10-033: Windows Media Format Runtime 9)

I believe these are the same thing. The update is KB978695 and the article is KB979902. Your change log is correct. Typo? It replaces Windows2000-WindowsMedia-KB968816-x86-ENU.

Yeah, it's a typo :)

Also, concerning directx_Jun2010_redist in HFCAB, I'm getting following "errors":

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_D3DCompiler_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dcsx_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dcsx_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx10_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx10_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx11_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx11_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XACT_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XACT_x86.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XAudio_x64.cab

unknown: HFCABS\Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab

I have a small problem with these - DirectX 9.0c from June 2010 doesn't have CAB-s for Windows 2000 (dxnt.cab & bdant.cab) and in description of redistributable Windows 2000 is not shown as a supported system. On the contrary, Web installer for that DX supports Windows 2000 :blink: The question is - should I include these binaries into my extension?

I have a small problem with these - DirectX 9.0c from June 2010 doesn't have CAB-s for Windows 2000 (dxnt.cab & bdant.cab) and in description of redistributable Windows 2000 is not shown as a supported system. On the contrary, Web installer for that DX supports Windows 2000 :blink: The question is - should I include these binaries into my extension?

Will the redist-package run on W2K? If yes, continue with:

Use the redist-package and install it manually - check it with dxdiag

Slipstream it and after installation of windows - check it again with dxdiag

Probably you can save two reports and compare them.

If dxnt.cab & bdant.cab are needed, makes it sense to make a description to add them from the Feb2010-redist-package?

In the redist-package from Feb2010 Windows 2000 is also not listet. Just in the web-installer of Feb2010. :blink:

Will the redist-package run on W2K? If yes, continue with:

Use the redist-package and install it manually - check it with dxdiag

Slipstream it and after installation of windows - check it again with dxdiag

Probably you can save two reports and compare them.

If dxnt.cab & bdant.cab are needed, makes it sense to make a description to add them from the Feb2010-redist-package?

In the redist-package from Feb2010 Windows 2000 is also not listet. Just in the web-installer of Feb2010. :blink:

Mim0 and Parseus,

I have created my latest Win2k CD and DirectX 9.0c from June 2010 slipstreamed fine. It should be safe to update the 2k FC along with MimO's sugguestion about dxnt.cab & bdant.cab files.

Secondly, Flash needs to be changed to version 10.1.53.64, file name is Flash10h.ocx, and size is 5712336.

Thirdly, I have a problem when I have update-check enabled. The extension update works great. The problem is file-checker says wrong version everytime and proceeds to download the "new" version. This happens even when I'm using the latest version. Additionally, when I try to exit the program, it loads the XP version and tries to use the XP-extension which is not available. This only happens with 2K-FC as XP-FC works correctly.

Thanks for all your help.

M2GD

Thirdly, I have a problem when I have update-check enabled. The extension update works great. The problem is file-checker says wrong version everytime and proceeds to download the "new" version. This happens even when I'm using the latest version. Additionally, when I try to exit the program, it loads the XP version and tries to use the XP-extension which is not available. This only happens with 2K-FC as XP-FC works correctly.

This happens if the version-string in the version-file (URL defined by the variable "extInfoUrl") is a different than in the 2k-extension (defined by the variable "extVersion").

Mim0 and Parseus,

I have created my latest Win2k CD and DirectX 9.0c from June 2010 slipstreamed fine. It should be safe to update the 2k FC along with MimO's sugguestion about dxnt.cab & bdant.cab files.

Secondly, Flash needs to be changed to version 10.1.53.64, file name is Flash10h.ocx, and size is 5712336.

Thanks for all your help.

M2GD

Thanks for testing :) I should fix also problem with updates and release today new version.

• 5 weeks later...