HFSLIPFC-2K

Parseus

13-Sept-2012

I have just stumbled upon your site. I too am in the process of trying to make Installation media for Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 and upgrade all updates that are possible. I am also keen to hang on to access to Windows Update which in my attempts I have lost. What I do know is that if I start with SP4 and manually install iE6 and then the updates from my working system in the reverse order from the list in Windows update on the working system then all is well eventually.

All of this is trial and error and it takes for ever to complete I stil don't have an install for

1 Windows media Player 9 or 11

2 Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 ( update to SP1 requires it)

I'll attach my script file that i used to install the updates. Further to this I found an install to DirectX and also that the foullow updates could be applied

KB980858 971032 952068 942831 891861 926247 926121 917537.

I wish there was a page for Windows 2000 like the one for XP ---> http://mimo.zxq.net/updatelist.htm

i haven't tried HFSLIP yet althought i have downloaded the latest beta version.

any advise would begratefully received

Thank You

Neill

results1.txt

It is true that I have not done enough productive research. However I have tried and spent quite a good deal of time trying to follow others instructions . For example I am told I need a few files and that I should use HFSLIP and then nLite.

The table shows all required files.

Program Folder Filename Notes

HFSLIP HF Windows2000-UURollup-v10b-x86-ENU.exe

HFSLIP HF Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-x86-ENU.exe

HFSLIP HF Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ENU.exe Server only.

nLite / RVMi OnePiece_Windows_2000_Post-SP4_UpdatePack_v5.0.2_FINAL_ENU.7z

You should use HFSLIP first and then integrate the update pack with nLite or RVMi. Do not try doing it the other way round.

Links to the Onepeice....7z file are broken or down.

The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly.

However I did find a copy at http://hotfile.com/dl/137469856/80c2730/OnePiece_Windows_2000_Post-SP4_UpdatePack_v5.0.2_FINAL_ENU.7z with the correct md5.

Starting with SP4 I am now going to attempt tocombine the above files into my installation.

Actually there was supposed to be an URL in my last post. Without it it sounds a little bit rude and the second part of it doesn't make sense :sneaky:

This is the Windows 2000 Updates list:

http://www.windows2000.tk/updates

but you seem to be interested in a "simpler" solution. I'd recommend checking my HFSLIP folder structure here:

Edit:

A guide to a fully updated Windows 2000: The complete method has been temporarily disabled. It will be back in a different (much better) formula soon.

Tomasz Have you got a date in mind yet?

I don't know yet... but it shouldn't take too long :)

Edited by tomasz86