View System Volume Information by limited user

luke77

• 3 months later...

System volume information is a system folder that contains, for example, restore points that are read by System Restore. If some information from there is modified you would break the system restore, but even the system.

Though there are some programs that can recover deleted files, but can read the System Volume Information. These cannot also write in there...

Also PLEASE when "recovering" put files in another drive.

Edited by Tripredacus
removed attachments

For the record I cannot see ANY reference in the OP question about Data Recovery.

And I hope it wasn't an urgent problem since the thread was started on the 17th of April.

Just in case, try using some other file manager and not Explorer, 7-zip could do, sometimes "peculiar" folders are simply locked out "by design" in Explorer.

jaclaz

• 2 years later...

But hey, all three of his posts have been in this topic. It must be dear to his heart.

Cheers and Regards

Well, I was just looking in my old e-mails and found this... The problem remains the same on Windows 7 and 8 (Not only XP)

[...] The problem remains the same on Windows 7 and 8 (Not only XP)

But it's only really a problem if it prevents you from doing something you need to do (not want to do). So why does a limited user need to view the files in the System Volume Information? (And you can't count curiosity. :) )

Cheers and Regards