Inverter or panel

D_block

So i was working on a dell inspiron 1525 recently. the problem was a lot of vertical lines ( i didnt count how many )always in the same spot. i booted in VGA Mode, Safe mode even in the bios they are showing up. so i know its not software based or driver error.

but i dont have a dell inverter or lcd panel to check it either to test.. btw, i tried the external monitor also and it works flawless.

so my question is, whats most likely the culprit here

In most cases the problem is on the ribbon connector between the LCD panel to the Mainboard. Some type of laptops has bad design on its flips. so the cable connector can be broken if you shut or open the lid.

I suggest you to take the laptop to the Dell Service Center, it still has any warranty on it?.

It's the panel for 100%; The connector on top of the screen that is glued to the LCD grid is not making good contact any more.

Solution: Replace LCD... no other way...

But in some cases i have been experienced, the LCD Connector ribbon cable may be damaged, let's pray that is the really problem is, since the cost of LCD replacement is very expensive and take long time. :(