Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Office 2010 Office Customization Tool (OCT)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

r3loaded

r3loaded

• 11 posts
Hey guys, just downloaded the earlier than expected Office 2010 RTM off TechNet. I wanted to create an unattended MSP file for silently installing Office onto all 6 computers in the house, but to my dismay, running setup /admin gave me the following error: "Files necessary to run the Office Customization Tool were not found. Run Setup from the installation point of a qualifying product". After a bit of googling, I've found out that unlike the beta, Microsoft have decided not to include the Admin directory in my copy of Office, meaning I can't create an unattended setup. While I still have a copy of the Admin directory from the beta, I don't think it would work correctly.

My question is this - where can I acquire the bunch of .opax and .opal files that reside in this directory for the Office 2010 RTM (for both 32-bit and 64-bit)? Thanks in advance for any help
All your oil are belong to U.S.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
The only versions capable of running OCT are Professional Plus and Enterprise volume license versions. MSDN downloads of PP seem to work fine, so I'm wondering if the Technet version is a retail version and not a VL version.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
MD5 hashes are the same, wtf?

r3loaded

r3loaded

• 11 posts

The only versions capable of running OCT are Professional Plus and Enterprise volume license versions. MSDN downloads of PP seem to work fine, so I'm wondering if the Technet version is a retail version and not a VL version.

It's ok, I've worked out how to perform automated installs using the Config.xml file. :)
All your oil are belong to U.S.

DaRk MaDnEsS

DaRk MaDnEsS

• 39 posts

It's ok, I've worked out how to perform automated installs using the Config.xml file. :)

mind sharing it ?

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

mind sharing it ?

you can use this post http://technet.micro...office.14).aspx for your config.xml
in MSDN it's the retail Office Pro Plus and there is no admin folder.

Edited by hannubys, 25 April 2010 - 08:20 PM.

Skyewolfe

Skyewolfe
  • 1 posts

mind sharing it ?

you can use this post http://technet.micro...office.14).aspx for your config.xml
in MSDN it's the retail Office Pro Plus and there is no admin folder.

I found the OCT tools on the Microsoft site:
http://www.microsoft...34-bec3990a7956

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN