Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
As we need to add mspaint.exe to get Photo Viewer working,
it would be nice if MS Paint can be used as well, but it does not work ...

Doesn't it works? it works in mine. check uxtheme.dll,mfc42u.dll,odbcint.dll,odbc32.dll,sfc.dll,sfc_os.dll all exist. Ofcourse mui

What program have you used to determine the files that are needed to make Photo Viewer work OK ?

Procmon.exe http://technet.micro...s/bb896645.aspx I think nobody reads my posts carefully. I said it lots of times before. Maybe i don't know english good enough nobody understands me. There is lots of solutions that will be asked and asked again in my posts. :blushing:

I was wondering if you hit the Print Screen key, and opened MSPaint in the PE (from the command prompt) if you could paste the screenshot in there and save the JPEG or BMP.

Yes it is.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 20 April 2010 - 01:19 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,699 posts

Donator

What I've used before (when I tried to get DirectX to work in PE 2.1) is you put your app in the PE. Then you boot to the PE and open Dependency Walker. Then load up the app into Depends and it will tell you what is missing. However sometimes you can copy those DLLs and other files into the PE but they won't register properly or are used by a Service that is not detected by Depends. I ran into this problem trying to get BurnInTest to read from DirectX but nothing I did worked, although I did learn how to use Depends on WinPE.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i also use dependecy walker too. but it is for to find what files it need to work, not for what files it load (i think so in easy manner) the main problem of all bootable xp,vista,win7 is register dll files i think. i found a way for win7 versions (i don't work on other builds now). It is usefull and easy for me. Boot in wim register the dll files and backup classes registry hive. I didnt tested it else then internet explorer but i will use from now. Probably will solve my register dll problems. Nobody explains to register a dll or tell a solution, i don't know if anybody gave such a solution like this before. All solutions i can find are about to add in a autorun and register at boot regsvr /s . it is not usefull.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 20 April 2010 - 03:25 PM.

chantszhim

chantszhim

• 14 posts

Do I need to use Explorer Shell in order to use Windows Photo Viewer?

Yes, I used Photo Viewer with Explorer Shell.
But it might be that BS Explorer can be used as well.

I mean do I need to use the files for Explorer Shell in order to get Windows Photo Viewer working, as I get no response after I double click an image file.

Thanks in advance.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

I mean do I need to use the files for Explorer Shell in order to get Windows Photo Viewer working, as I get no response after I double click an image file.

I think so :unsure:
Try to build with Explorer Shell Selected, then you get the answer.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

Doesn't it works? it works in mine. check uxtheme.dll,mfc42u.dll,odbcint.dll,odbc32.dll,sfc.dll,sfc_os.dll all exist. Ofcourse mui

Procmon.exe http://technet.micro...s/bb896645.aspx

Thanks for the link to Procmon.exe
I did use Dependency Walker, but will try to use Procmon

I checked and the required files exist, but MS Paint does not work yet for me ...

Need more study.

Edited by wimb, 21 April 2010 - 04:01 AM.

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Procmon.exe http://technet.micro...s/bb896645.aspx

Thanks for the link to Procmon.exe
I did use Dependency Walker, but will try to use Procmon

I checked and the required files exist, but MS Paint does not work yet for me ...

Need more study.

used your makepe_3 and add internet explorer and photoviewer. didnt do something else it works. add some more files but i don't think they have any connection with it.

dui70.dll,duser.dll,dwm.exe,dwmcore.dll,dwmredir.dll,dxgi.dll,sti.dll,sti_ci.dll

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

used your makepe_3 and add internet explorer and photoviewer. didnt do something else it works. add some more files but i don't think they have any connection with it.

dui70.dll,duser.dll,dwm.exe,dwmcore.dll,dwmredir.dll,dxgi.dll,sti.dll,sti_ci.dll

Added these files but MS Paint is not working yet :(

Procmon shows that all necessary files are loaded.
I assume there is something with the registry.
May be yours is working because of other language settings ....

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i didnt add anything to registry. i don't have any idea. as i said that files shouldnt have connection. maybe shouldn't need to change hex values in classes.reg. i don't know. there is an option in procmon to save log file. if you can send your log file i can try to help. As Logfile.PML file. try to keep it short. run procmon and as soon as mspaint and stop when it gives error or it will not load

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 22 April 2010 - 11:31 AM.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts
*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

• Added Internet Explorer and Photo Viewer in combination with Explorer Shell
    Thanks to Kullenen_Ask for help with needed registry settings and list of needed files
    http://www.msfn.org/...ws-t143529.html
    http://www.msfn.org/...pe-t143241.html
  • Added Support for Variable Source Language
  • Thanks to JFX for help and making Win7x64_Classes.reg
  • File and Folder Exclude Lists can be used to Reduce Size of pe3_x86.iso
    Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86\PE3_del_files.txt and PE3_del_folders.txt

Required AIK for Windows 7 - KB3AIK_EN.iso - Microsoft - Windows PE 3.0
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
Dism.exe of AIK must be version 6.1.7600.16385 (earlier version 7000 gives Errors)

Guide with More Info:
http://www.911cd.net...pic=21883&st=35

=
Windows PE 3.0 with Internet Explorer and Photo Viewer and PStart Menu for Portable Programs
=
Posted Image
=

Edited by wimb, 25 September 2010 - 01:52 AM.

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
thx for the update. if you want more i can help if i can

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

Is everything working OK for you ?

No problems with Source Language anymore ?
Is MS Paint working (for me not) ?

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Is everything working OK for you ?

No problems with Source Language anymore ?
Is MS Paint working (for me not) ?

I build 2 isos with turkish source and turkish opk.. First nothing changed turkish selected. Other with en-US values changed with tr-TR values in WIN7_Files.txt,WIN7_add_explor.txt,WIN7_add_files.txt. first one didn't boot any :( peshellwrapper comes. second one works with mmc and photoviewer but ie8 not works. ie8 works after registering ieproxy.dll. I think you removed my clid.reg. i can succesfully installed my ethernet card from device manager. Manage at right click at my computer not works. It can be solved with from classes registry. will check mspaint

*What EXCL and INCL means at "Reduce Size of PE3.iso"? I selected no
*It couldn't find my wireless hotfix that i put near other packages. How can it find other packages in my OPK WinPE_FPs folder and it wants wireless package to be in WinPE_OCs folder?

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 25 April 2010 - 04:13 AM.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

ie8 works after registering ieproxy.dll. I think you removed my clid.reg. i can succesfully installed my ethernet card from device manager. Manage at right click at my computer not works. It can be solved with from classes registry. will check mspaint

IE8 is working for me.
What are exactly the required registry changes that make IE8 work for you
and the command that you used is may be

regsvr32 "X:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"

Can you also give the registry tweak to get Manage at right click at my computer working.
Your clid.reg contains too many Turkish names in the context menu.

Edited by wimb, 26 April 2010 - 05:52 AM.

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i watched with procmon and regsrv32 ieproxy.dll changes too many keys in classes registry so i cant give a certain reg file i wish i can give. /s is only for make it silent not important. i explained in my topics how i did if you don't want to use because of turkish names you can do like that. feel need to explain again. make a boot iso. boot it in a virtual environment. register "regsrv32 ieproxy.dll". take a backup of software\classes reg. use it as clid.reg. you can do it for anything that needs a registered dll file (i think so). there are too many guides about right click registry tweaks in internet. can be this key "[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Manage\command]" you can google it and can put anything to right click of my computer. probably paint doesnt work because of clid.reg too.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 25 April 2010 - 04:00 PM.

ludo

ludo

• 35 posts
Hello Kullenen_Ask :hello:
You can watch this link : http://www.thewindow...-fix-ie-utility
Repair Internet Explorer with Fix IE Utility; use this tool to re-register around 89 dll & ocx files

Kullenen_Ask

Kullenen_Ask

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
one is enough for me if it not works but it works without register anything now, why need it. i want to register all dll files in wim and take backup of the classes key. we can not know if there is not registered dll exist in wim. if there is such tool for to register everything will be much better. i will use the soft you advise in this situation thx. there are ie8 related dll files in system32 folder. are they really need? in my builds it can work without them

Edited by Kullenen_Ask, 26 April 2010 - 03:52 AM.

aaaaalex1994

aaaaalex1994

• 17 posts
Please, add Spanish support (basically add this lines to "Make_PE3.cmd" ;) ):
IF "!_ok!"=="s" SET Lang=es-ES
IF "!_ok!"=="S" SET Lang=es-ES
With this, it works great with Spanish Windows 7 Ultimate x86! :lol:

Attached File  Spanish.png   17.58KB   16 downloads

Thanks!

PD: Sorry for my bad English...

Edited by aaaaalex1994, 26 April 2010 - 10:07 AM.

Working on Utlimate XP (Windows XP with Windows 8 UI).....

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

• IE8 ieproxy.dll is registered at startup with startnet.cmd
    Thanks to ChinaDragon and Kullenen_Ask for help with IE8
  • Improvements in making Workfolder winpe3_x86
Dism.exe of AIK must be version 6.1.7600.16385 (earlier version 7000 gives Errors)

Download - Make-PE3 - mirror

Guide with More Info:

@aaaaalex1994
Thanks for reply and feedback.
In next version I will add Spanish as Option.

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts
Preview: Make_PE3 - Wireless Internet IE8 + Audio working OK for Realtek Soundcard

AudioActivatorPE.exe is not compatible with my Realtek Soundcard.

Solution:

• In PE3 Install all drivers by running PnPutil - X:\WINDOWS\system32\PnPutil.exe -i -a X:\Windows\inf\*.inf
  • Remove from registry the SPDIF related entry in key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
    so that Speakers are becoming Default for Audio playback and SPDIF icon is removed from Sound playback selector
  • In Speakers Properties entry add the three extra (missing) lines from Windows 7 registry using PE3 GUID as installed by PnPutil
  • Run audio.bat to Activate (red cross in sound icon disappears)
Win PE3 Speakers Properties - Registry tweak for Realtek HD Audio
- use your GUID instead of {1f14c1c7-586f-4fd0-9e83-978f051577b1}
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{1f14c1c7-586f-4fd0-9e83-978f051577b1}\Properties]
"{f19f064d-082c-4e27-bc73-6882a1bb8e4c},0"=hex:41,00,20,74,01,00,00,00,fe,ff,\
  02,00,44,ac,00,00,10,b1,02,00,04,00,10,00,16,00,10,00,03,00,00,00,01,00,00,\
  00,00,00,10,00,80,00,00,aa,00,38,9b,71
"{e4870e26-3cc5-4cd2-ba46-ca0a9a70ed04},0"=hex:41,00,20,74,01,00,00,00,fe,ff,\
  02,00,44,ac,00,00,20,62,05,00,08,00,20,00,16,00,20,00,03,00,00,00,03,00,00,\
  00,00,00,10,00,80,00,00,aa,00,38,9b,71
"{e4870e26-3cc5-4cd2-ba46-ca0a9a70ed04},1"=hex:41,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,d3,8c,\

audio.bat
NET STOP Audiosrv
NET START Audiosrv
In fact it is the procedure as described by NewBSOD but carried out manually instead of using AudioActivatorPE.exe
http://www.boot-land...383

Next version of Make_PE3 will have automated Audio support ..... - Size of ISO Boot Image = 240 MB

Edited by wimb, 06 May 2010 - 05:25 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,699 posts

Donator

OIC you got the audio working using the generic driver... I might play with this later. Putting it on my list! :yes:

Well I'm stumped about it. I must be missing some steps. For one, where is this pnputil.exe come from? I can't use your program for this, I am wanting to enable audio for one of my existing PE, which people will freak out because I labelled it as "Virus Installer" in WDS. :ph34r:
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

Audio and Explorer Shell tested OK for pe3_x86.iso but may not work yet for 64-bits version pe3_amd64.iso (not tested).

Guide with More Info:

Make_PE3 - Wireless Internet with IE8 and Audio working OK for Realtek Soundcard
=
Posted Image
=

Edited by wimb, 25 September 2010 - 03:34 AM.

aaaaalex1994

aaaaalex1994

• 17 posts
Thank you very much for the update!
Working on Utlimate XP (Windows XP with Windows 8 UI).....

Danj

Danj
  • 1 posts
I just found this utility a few days ago. I tried it out yesterday, it works wonderfully, except that in PE Network Manager 0.56, in the Preferred Networks section on the Wifi tab, if I double click on a connection I get an error "The exception Illegal Instruction. An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction. (0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location 0x753f9617". This wouldn't be a problem except that the wireless network at my workplace is a "hidden" one so I need to use the Preferred Networks section to set up the connection to it. The wireless card is detected correctly and can pick up non-hidden wireless networks, so I am assuming everything else is working as it should be, does anyone have any suggestions which I can try?

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 677 posts

.... except that in PE Network Manager 0.56, in the Preferred Networks section on the Wifi tab, if I double click on a connection I get an error "The exception Illegal Instruction.

I have here the same problem and hope that Holger at boot-land.net can solve the problem.

I see you have described your problem already to Holger .....

Succes :thumbup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN