*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***
- Changed - Reduce Size of ISO - Default is now YES
- Changed - bootfix.bin not added anymore to ISO in order to prevent Hit any key to boot message
- Changed - TimeZone is Set now also in building 7pe versions - Thanks to oriensol
- Changed - WARNING when not all drivers could be processed for adding by Dism - Thanks to ChinaDragon
- Added - 64-bit version of WallCmd.exe given by JFX to support Desktop wallpaper in x64 builds
- Added - test to detect if WimFltr v.1 is RUNNING - Thanks to JFX - see Known issue below
- Added - Support to use plugins - Make_PE3_plugins.exe are selfextracting packages with addons
- Changed - Program Version - latest version is now 2.0
Previous use of WimFltr v.1 by e.g. imagex version 6.0.6001 (e.g. for making BB-7PE or W7PEX)
would result in reg load error when using Make_PE3 programs, but the program will detect and STOP before building 7 PE
It means that when Make_PE3 has mounted boot.wim with Dism, that reg load of PE registry would fail.
Solution: simply Reboot before using Make_PE3 programs to STOP WimFltr v.1
Requirements and Info - See post #1
Adding Programs before building the 7 PE ISO - The easiest way is to make use of plugins
for Make_PE3 package.
The Make_PE3_plugins.exe are selfextracting packages with addons, and containing files, registry and drivers for apps,
and which contain Start Menu and Desktop icons and have similar folder structure as in Make_PE3 and as in 7 PE and Windows 7.
Registry exported from Windows 7 or 7 PE can be used as reg files in the plugins, so that they can be made easily.
The Export registry must be made suitable for import in the from PE3 loaded SYSTEM SOFTWARE and DEFAULT hive and have keys like
In this way we can share and exchange easily plugins packages with addons.
As exemple you may download Make_PE3_plugins.exe for adding imaging software to Make_PE3 folder to build Portable 7 PE
Run and Extract Make_PE3_plugins.exe in the same way as you did for Make_PE3.exe
This post has been edited by wimb: 25 September 2010 - 01:24 AM