Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

Edit: Needz for Photoviewer. My clid.reg, Program Files\Photoviewer directory, System32\spool\drivers\color directory,

d3d8thk.dll

d3d9.dll

icm32.dll

mspaint.exe

stobject.dll

Of course with mui files if they have. I tested. Tell if not works.

Very Good !

Everything is working now and I will add Windows Photo Viewer support to Make_PE3. B)

Just working on Source Language support and then everything will be more perfect ....

Thanks for your Help and Cheers :thumbup

You can edit the files Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86\Optimize_Profile.txt and Optimize_explor.txt

and remove the files that you don't want to keep in the build.

Then you can apply in Make_PE3.exe the option Reduce Size ( = Optimize) to build the pe3_x86.iso file.

I think this may be sufficient to get rid of unwanted files like different language folders and keyboards you don't need.

Edited by wimb

it isnt usefull for me. i think your soft takes all winpe and add other files to it. if the files i want to delete add after Optimize_Profile.txt and Optimize_explor.txt works? you didnt said anything about build process.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

it isnt usefull for me. i think your soft takes all winpe and add other files to it. if the files i want to delete add after Optimize_Profile.txt and Optimize_explor.txt works? you didnt said anything about build process.

Optimize_explor.txt is the last step of the build and applied just before Unmount and Commit changes in boot.wim

This file is composed of all files in the build, but Optimization was manually applied to 4 folders to Reduce Size:

\Windows\winsxs

\Windows\fonts

\Windows\servicing

\Windows\system32\wbem

In this way we can keep all drivers and keyboard files, but of course you can remove any unwanted files.

In fact Optimize_explor.txt is the list of files you want to keep in the build.

Optimize_explor.txt includes the files of Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86 folder

and other custom files of Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86

You get an idea of the build process by studying the readable Make_PE3.cmd file and by reading the Guide.

Additional Info on the boot process sequence is given in file Customize_Info.txt

Edited by wimb

Edit: Needz for Photoviewer. My clid.reg, Program Files\Photoviewer directory, System32\spool\drivers\color directory,

d3d8thk.dll

d3d9.dll

icm32.dll

mspaint.exe

stobject.dll

Of course with mui files if they have. I tested. Tell if not works.

Very Good !

Everything is working now and I will add Windows Photo Viewer support to Make_PE3. B)

Just working on Source Language support and then everything will be more perfect ....

Thanks for your Help and Cheers :thumbup

Do I need to use Explorer Shell in order to use Windows Photo Viewer?

Yes, I used Photo Viewer with Explorer Shell.

But it might be that BS Explorer can be used as well.

@Kullenen_Ask

As we need to add mspaint.exe to get Photo Viewer working,

it would be nice if MS Paint can be used as well, but it does not work ...

What program have you used to determine the files that are needed to make Photo Viewer work OK ?

Do you have a solution for MS Paint ?

Edited by wimb

I had a question about MSPaint as well. There was a case last week where I needed to take a screenshot of the PE (in WinRE) after I modified it for support purposes. I was wondering if you hit the Print Screen key, and opened MSPaint in the PE (from the command prompt) if you could paste the screenshot in there and save the JPEG or BMP. I didn't try researching it and just took a picture with my cell phone. :sneaky:

For screenshots I am using portable program FSCapture from PStart Menu.

FSCapture can be used in any Windows environment.

Edited by wimb

As we need to add mspaint.exe to get Photo Viewer working,

it would be nice if MS Paint can be used as well, but it does not work ...

Doesn't it works? it works in mine. check uxtheme.dll,mfc42u.dll,odbcint.dll,odbc32.dll,sfc.dll,sfc_os.dll all exist. Ofcourse mui

What program have you used to determine the files that are needed to make Photo Viewer work OK ?

Procmon.exe http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx I think nobody reads my posts carefully. I said it lots of times before. Maybe i don't know english good enough nobody understands me. There is lots of solutions that will be asked and asked again in my posts. :blushing:

I was wondering if you hit the Print Screen key, and opened MSPaint in the PE (from the command prompt) if you could paste the screenshot in there and save the JPEG or BMP.

Yes it is.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

What I've used before (when I tried to get DirectX to work in PE 2.1) is you put your app in the PE. Then you boot to the PE and open Dependency Walker. Then load up the app into Depends and it will tell you what is missing. However sometimes you can copy those DLLs and other files into the PE but they won't register properly or are used by a Service that is not detected by Depends. I ran into this problem trying to get BurnInTest to read from DirectX but nothing I did worked, although I did learn how to use Depends on WinPE.

i also use dependecy walker too. but it is for to find what files it need to work, not for what files it load (i think so in easy manner) the main problem of all bootable xp,vista,win7 is register dll files i think. i found a way for win7 versions (i don't work on other builds now). It is usefull and easy for me. Boot in wim register the dll files and backup classes registry hive. I didnt tested it else then internet explorer but i will use from now. Probably will solve my register dll problems. Nobody explains to register a dll or tell a solution, i don't know if anybody gave such a solution like this before. All solutions i can find are about to add in a autorun and register at boot regsvr /s . it is not usefull.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Yes, I used Photo Viewer with Explorer Shell.

But it might be that BS Explorer can be used as well.

I mean do I need to use the files for Explorer Shell in order to get Windows Photo Viewer working, as I get no response after I double click an image file.

Thanks in advance.

I mean do I need to use the files for Explorer Shell in order to get Windows Photo Viewer working, as I get no response after I double click an image file.

I think so :unsure:

Try to build with Explorer Shell Selected, then you get the answer.