Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

you should add offline or add inside of makepe3 reg files at build. service values need to work at boot. will not work after you boot and add online.

change reg files in this folders with theese from link and build. add files manually by hand before you run the iso. you can put files inside Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86\Windows folder or add into add txt files to grab from install.wim at build.

Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_reg\x86

Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86\Windows\System32

http://www.zshare.net/download/79985281ef0f6593/

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

ahh my fault. i was not logged in as admin ... :whistle:

strange...without aero it takes 5 minutes to login as admin

after over 10 minutes ... :wacko:

thanks for your help :)

Edited by Toffel

=

*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

• Changed - Reduce Size of ISO - Default is now YES
  • Changed - bootfix.bin not added anymore to ISO in order to prevent Hit any key to boot message
  • Changed - TimeZone is Set now also in building 7pe versions - Thanks to oriensol
  • Changed - WARNING when not all drivers could be processed for adding by Dism - Thanks to ChinaDragon
  • Added - 64-bit version of WallCmd.exe given by JFX to support Desktop wallpaper in x64 builds
  • Added - test to detect if WimFltr v.1 is RUNNING - Thanks to JFX - see Known issue below
  • Added - Support to use plugins - Make_PE3_plugins.exe are selfextracting packages with addons
  • Changed - Program Version - latest version is now 2.0

Known issue:

Previous use of WimFltr v.1 by e.g. imagex version 6.0.6001 (e.g. for making BB-7PE or W7PEX)

would result in reg load error when using Make_PE3 programs, but the program will detect and STOP before building 7 PE

It means that when Make_PE3 has mounted boot.wim with Dism, that reg load of PE registry would fail.

Solution: simply Reboot before using Make_PE3 programs to STOP WimFltr v.1

Requirements and Info - See post #1

Make_PE3_plugins

Adding Programs before building the 7 PE ISO - The easiest way is to make use of plugins for Make_PE3 package.

The Make_PE3_plugins.exe are selfextracting packages with addons, and containing files, registry and drivers for apps,

and which contain Start Menu and Desktop icons and have similar folder structure as in Make_PE3 and as in 7 PE and Windows 7.

Registry exported from Windows 7 or 7 PE can be used as reg files in the plugins, so that they can be made easily.

The Export registry must be made suitable for import in the from PE3 loaded SYSTEM SOFTWARE and DEFAULT hive and have keys like

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PE3-SYSTEM\..........

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PE3-SOFTWARE\..........

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PE3-USER\..........

In this way we can share and exchange easily plugins packages with addons. :thumbup:

As exemple you may download Make_PE3_plugins.exe for adding imaging software to Make_PE3 folder to build Portable 7 PE

Run and Extract Make_PE3_plugins.exe in the same way as you did for Make_PE3.exe

Edited by wimb

Thanks for all the work on this. I am starting to build my own disc and have some issues and i think i may be able to solve them with parts of your script. I will just have to spend some time trying to break it down. I have also made a program to mimic BartPE to build my discs attached is a screen cap of it. I would love to get it working as well as yours.

post-303575-015516600 1283999761_thumb.j

=

*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

• BugFix - WallCmd path error in amd64 version of 7 PE without external wallpaper - Thanks to Tepid and JFX
  • Changed - bootfix.bin is copied to ISO, but renamed as bootfixX.bin so that it can be used on demand
  • Added - ImgBurn and RegShot are added to PStart - useful to burn ISO on CD and to collect Registry for making plugins
  • Added - 7-Zip - ImDisk - SuperFinder and xCHM viewer are added to 7 PE (all versions)
  • Added - Support to make CD (use G4D = YES or CD box Checked)
    - Thanks to ChrisR for mkisofs code

This enables to make MultiBoot CD with e.g. Linux Parted Magic and PStart menu for Portable Apps on CD
  • Changed - Program Version - latest version is now 2.1

Known issue:

Previous use of WimFltr v.1 by e.g. imagex version 6.0.6001 (e.g. for making BB-7PE or W7PEX)

would result in reg load error when using Make_PE3 programs, but the program will detect and STOP before building 7 PE

It means that when Make_PE3 has mounted boot.wim with Dism, that reg load of PE registry would fail.

Solution: simply Reboot before using Make_PE3 programs to STOP WimFltr v.1

Requirements and Info - See post #1

:thumbup:

Edited by wimb

downloaded make pe3 from post #235

but will not unpack just gives error

cannot open file as archive

any ideas ??

No problem here. It is a Selfextracting Archive.

After download just double click.

:)

Thanks for such a great app. Do you know if it works with a slipstreamed Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 Beta hotfix update ? I tried to build one and test it in virtualbox but most apps when clicked on in winpe3 environment don't respond or come up blank ?

SP1 Beta hotfix update was not tested by me, but it would be strange if it had the effect that you described.

May be you can try NOT to use VMWare.

Boot instead with grub4dos menu on HDD or USB and Selecting then the 7 PE ISO BootImage for booting 7PE from RAMDISK.

Otherwise you can use ImgBurn to burn your 7 PE and boot with CD.

Do you have "X:\Program Files" folder in PE and are your program located there or somewhere else ?

:thumbup