Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

I just tried UFD_FORMAT tool on This

the tool says it formatted the drive successfully 

the drive still shows as NTFS  and the files that where on it stayed in place

the process did add its files to drive

formatting in windows offers no FAT32, only NTFS  or exFAT

maybe i could try RMPrepUSB, but then what settings will i need to use ?

Edited by sweept

What is the size of your USB-stick ?
What is the Windows version that you are using ?

UFD_FORMAThttp://reboot.pro/topic/19140-ufd-format/

In Win 7/8 OS Set User Account Control Off and Reboot

Could it be that this requirement was not fulfilled ?

For UEFI Boot support then Windows 8x64 or 10x64 is needed as operating system

FAT32 has size limit of 32 GB for Windows Format -

If the size of your USB-stick is more than 32 GB,
then you can try to Format with 2nd Partition checkbox selected and use 50% for 2nd partition.

post-132150-0-37321300-1457354833_thumb.

Alternatively you can try RMPrepUSB with settings as shown http://www.rmprepusb.com/

post-132150-0-32408000-1457253121_thumb.

Or you can try Rufus-2.7 http://rufus.akeo.ie/with settings as shown using UEFI:NTFS

post-132150-0-66247300-1457338348_thumb.

Edited by wimb

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have a new laptop that only has USB3 ports and my MakePE3 doesn't recognize anything on those ports. I can boot, the MakePE iso from the flash drive. but after the system is up there is no flash drive listed. I need to add usb3 drivers to MakePe, but it's been so long since I built a new one, I'm not sure anymore how to add this driver. Before I start researching again, could someone that knows please give me some quick instructions on how to best acomplish this?

27 minutes ago, click-click said:

Hi, I have a new laptop that only has USB3 ports and my MakePE3 doesn't recognize anything on those ports. I can boot, the MakePE iso from the flash drive. but after the system is up there is no flash drive listed. I need to add usb3 drivers to MakePe, but it's been so long since I built a new one, I'm not sure anymore how to add this driver. Before I start researching again, could someone that knows please give me some quick instructions on how to best acomplish this?

I don't think that  a PE 3.x made with Make_PE3 is particularly different form *any other* PE 3.x, you should be able to add the drivers "normally" via DISM *like*:
http://www.pixelstech.net/article/1419908117-Install-Windows-7-with-USB-3-0-ports-only

or you can use (if the "target" is also Windows 7) win7drv.cmd:

http://reboot.pro/topic/12660-produce-their-own-pe3/?p=117562

or you mean that you want to re-build a new PE with those drivers added?

jaclaz

2 hours ago, click-click said:

Rebuild with usb3 support. Thanks for the other links - appreciate it.

Then I believe you just add the drivers to Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\x86 (or \amd64) and build normally.

jaclaz

Now that was easy. Thanks - I has forgotten about that. I did complicate matters because I used option 2 instead of option 3 and the Win7PE ended up with a blus screen:huh:.  After the fact, I found a note to myself:

"Use option three in Make_PE3 for rebuild (_Make_PE3.cmd). Do not copy
files from current windows7 since this will break IE8 if IE9 or greater is
installed on the current Win7."

I had a backup of my MakePE3 aetup, so I restored that and only added the usb3 drivers without copying any windows files from my current system (Option3) and I was back in  business. After booting the flash on the new lappy, I could see the flash listed and had access to it.

Edited by click-click

• 6 months later...

Using Win7 x64, I have installed a couple of Make_PE ISO's on a usb stick using Rufus and everything is terrific - except for the lack of a power/battery icon. I can install the drivers in a LivePE, but the ideal to be to have them pre-installed.

On a previous page in this thread,  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/143529-make_pe3-program-to-create-portable-windows-7-pe/?do=findComment&comment=948721 TimFred007 wrote:

i also have the drivers installed for the batteries (when i use a laptop) so i can see the power status (otherwise the laptop will die with no warning when the battery is depleted)

I'd be really grateful if someone can tell me how to do that please?

I'm obviously very late to the party, and everybody who knows the answer (or was willing to reply) left years ago! Nevertheless, I am very grateful to everyone who created and helped to improve Make_PE3 - it is perfect for my needs.

I sometimes use an external USB3 (and less often an old USB2) external drive plugged into the laptop so, in the early days with Make_PE3, I copied the USB3 drivers into the "C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Windows\inf" folder and it worked like magic - nothing else to be done. They don't appear in Device Manager in a Virtual Machine, but correctly installed according to Device Manager in a "real" LivePE.

With hindsight, I realise I was misled by how easy it was to add USB3 drivers to the PE; I didn't have to learn anything!

In case someone else like me comes along, I'll describe how I solved my problem, but it will prove how ignorant I am - there is sure to be a much more elegant solution.

My installed OS and the PE source iso is Win7 x64 so the steps below are specific to x64. When creating the PE ISO, I use the first option without using AIK, with Adobe Flash and Net Framework UNticked and the "Min" version selected.

Step 1.
Navigate to the folder: C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Windows\System32

You can edit the "driver_fix_bs.cmd" if you wish (or any other of the built-in "driver_fix... files), but I want a PE for simple utilities such as Defrag and ChkDsk etc so I chose to create a custom file by opening "driver_fix_bs.cmd" and using File > SaveAs to the same folder - I used my initials in the file name "driver_fix_minMH.cmd" because it has meaning for me. Then I deleted more than half the content - reducing the lines from 92 to 38.

I added the following line:

X:\Windows\Sysnative\drvload.exe X:\Windows\inf\battery.inf

While learning how to get the battery driver, I also learnt how to pre-install the Standard Enhanced USB2 driver by adding this line:

X:\Windows\Sysnative\drvload.exe X:\Windows\inf\usbport.inf

Step 2.
Navigate to the C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and open the "startnet.cmd" file.
If you chose to use the "driver_fix_bs.cmd" file in Step 1 then find and UNcomment the following line by removing the leading :: characters

start "Driver Fix PE3 - Wait ...." /wait "X:\Windows\Sysnative\driver_fix_bs.cmd"

In my case I added the following line

start "Driver Fix PE3 - Wait ...." /wait "X:\Windows\Sysnative\driver_fix_minMH.cmd"

Create the iso in the usual way and test it - hopefully the power icon will automatically be visible in the notification area on the status bar. Check Device Manager if you used the Standard Enhanced USB2 command. Here's a pic of my Device Manager in my latest PE - whippee!

imagesolved.png

Edited by Maggie

12 hours ago, Maggie said:

I'm obviously very late to the party, and everybody who knows the answer (or was willing to reply) left years ago! Nevertheless, I am very grateful to everyone who created and helped to improve Make_PE3 - it is perfect for my needs.

But as you just demonstrated, this party NEVER ends! :)

jaclaz

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

But as you just demonstrated, this party NEVER ends! :)

jaclaz

I like a good party as much as anyone else, but I'm getting brain twisted on learning - not the usual method!

My new exercise is to figure out how to edit the PE registry offline (using the outline in the message I linked to in my question)... sheesh :)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hectorhod said:

I can't find the Make_PE3 to download! :(

You are not the only one (and this should show the shortsightedness of using mediafire or similar to host files if not temporarily).

For some reasons Wim_b didn't upload it where it should have been, he uploaded it to mediafire and to datafilehost, and now both show "no file". :(

Temporary upload/repository:

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/48Nzbc66/file.html

jaclaz

• 4 months later...

Can someone give me a download link for RunScanner 1.0.0.28?

The Paraglider site only has 1.0.0.25 available for download, I believe he updated RunSanner for W10, but I can't find a download for it.

Edited by click-click