Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

wimb

Hi trizet,

I changed the program and applied your CUSTOM reg files.

The shortcut arrows are removed now. That is OK.

The former problem was due to settings overuled by PE3-SOFTWARE_CLID.reg

The custom wallpaper is loaded, but again as soon as Explorer Shell appears,

then the wallpaper disappears and is replaced by blue desktop.

Somehow it does not work for me, but I can leave it in the program

as it might be useful for others.

Wallpaper remains OK in case of BSExplorer Shell :thumbup

My source is x86 winpe.wim of WAIK combined with 32-bits Windows 7 files.

Edited by wimb

i see that there is

IF NOT EXIST "%PETools%\%ARCH%\WinPE_OCs\Windows6.1-KB972831-x86.cab" (

IF NOT EXIST "%PETools%\%ARCH%\WinPE_FPs\Windows6.1-KB972831-x86.cab" (

lines in Make_PE3.cmd it is good and should fix but it couldn't find my wireless hotfix again :( is it only me that has that problem? it is in WinPE_FPs folder in there

th_adsz-1.jpg

leak side of winpe builders is they all use reg load/import reg/reg unload. for a successful registry editing need to keep registry ownerships. such a registry adding will add keys as the current user.systernals PsExec or something like that can be used to import registry keys as system user but it is not enough too. a sample ownership in system network key

th_adsz1.jpg

i think the only way to solve it is working with registry hives. I want to hear your ideas about using hives else then using reg files???

want to give an example.

i see that you changed the way of clid.reg importing at boot to importing directly to software hive. it is very good improvement(i saw lots of improvements in last build last one month).my clean,not any modified makepe_3 and english iso not boots any after it doesnt give any errors :D but i like the way your program works.it stays at command shell and doesnt load explorer shell. i investigated a little and saw it didnt load clid.reg.

i looked to reg.exe command line options today and saw a "restore" option and made a little practice. forexample if we put PE3-SOFTWARE_CLID.hiv like PE3-SOFTWARE_CLID.reg and we run this commands in cmd file

reg load HKLM\PE3-SOFTWARE "%PEWork%\mount\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE" >nul

reg restore HKLM\PE3-SOFTWARE\Classes "%TP%\PE3_mod\PE3_reg\%ARCH%\PE3-SOFTWARE_CLID.hiv" >nul

reg unload HKLM\PE3-SOFTWARE >nul

is makes the same but also it keeps the ownerships (also classes hive has ownerships. i saw an example in a mediacenter key). using reg files are more easy to modify as txt files but using hive files more understandable at editing. i use a tool LOADHIVE.EXE loading hives making changes and unloading again. working in regedit makes editing more understandable then to work in txt file.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

lines in Make_PE3.cmd it is good and should fix but it couldn't find my wireless hotfix again :( is it only me that has that problem? it is in WinPE_FPs folder in there

The lines were made to find in both cases the hotfix.

If it does not work for you, please tell me what is the solution to your problem.

What changes in the program are needed for you ?

At the moment I don't see from here what is going wrong for you.

Was it working OK when using WAIK as source ?

Your remaks about import of registry are certainly interesting.

I need more study on how to use hives.

Do you have more information or examples.

Edited by wimb

Hello Wimb and Kullenen_Ask :hello:

@ Wimb :

I have read on VistaX64 forum a link with Desktop background and shortcut Arrow... :sneaky:

But i have lose the link :wacko:

Maybe this link : http://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/96301-i-cant-change-my-desktop-background.html

If you search, i think you can find the resolution of this problem :thumbup

And if you want cosmetic update, you can ask your question to me

@ Kullenen_Ask :

Have you update your Port7PE project ? :huh:

Can you seen a video with WMP12, execute a MSI files, Net Files ? :)

I have access to change user in my pe, but when i change user (With StartMenu shortcut)i have no access to login screen; My PE become Busy...

Sorry for my english :}

The lines were made to find in both cases the hotfix.

If it does not work for you, please tell me what is the solution to your problem.

i know made for that but it doesn't find? can be difference with cmd file and autoit file? solution can be add that hotfix same as like the other packages. all are same kind. it can find others will find wireless too.

Is autoit compiled version of Make_PE3.cmd? or it uses cmd file? are they same do same things in different ways? i didn't try to look solution i built without it. i want to change every file and make a modified version but i was scared when i see so many lines in cmd and so many works, maybe later when i feel myself enough consantrate. i didnt used it waik ever because everytime i decide to try it i had else version installed. i dont know why it didnt import clid.reg too i didnt change anything. only wanted to see what changed last one month. i made a small wim with sidebar, explorer, available networks, working network icon, possiblity to change screen resolution and wallpaper from control panel in 182mb wim will give the file list i added. but i couldnt get it take automatic ip. also i can give every registry key for desktop, sidebar and automatic working volume icon but they are very clear to see and will be lots of keys. i shared my experinces about hives with you but none of them used any from them. my services key works in every language wim and works with nearly all services and doesnt crash any if you dont have sys files too. over 60 services can work in 182mb wim. but they use lots of ram and maybe better like makepe3 this state.

Your remaks about import of registry are certainly interesting.

I need more study on how to use hives.

Do you have more information or examples.

it was a very short look by the time i wrote them. i made only one sample by myself too. can focus more and explain more how to use. but i am sure ownerships is a must for to development of such projects.

Have you update your Port7PE project ?

focused on embedded now. i added packages made winpe. but i saw that there isnt more changes and more options then i had until now with port7pe.

Can you seen a video with WMP12?

no i didnt. only works with irfanview. i can watch with it.

execute a MSI files?

i found an article and i believe the reason of nonworking msi is that. but couldnt get succeeded

msi problem can be connection with this link

Net Files ?

there are .net packages in embedded. you can add them to install.wim compare the differences and add your winpe the files.

ve access to change user in my pe, but when i change user (With StartMenu shortcut)i have no access to login screen; My PE become Busy...

be sure you started needed services like sessionenv, seclogon ...

need more users in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE_00\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE_00\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE_00\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-3149542145-3322839065-4058237693-500

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

Is autoit compiled version of Make_PE3.cmd? or it uses cmd file? are they same do same things in different ways?

The AutoIt3 version does the same thing as the Make_PE3.cmd file.

They are independant programs made in different ways.

list of ALL extra files in system32 folder. can be missing or unneeded files. i didnt compared with else versions. you can select from them for to get avaliable networks to work

acledit.dll

actxprxy.dll

aelupsvc.dll

aepic.dll

alg.exe

AltTab.dll

apphelp.dll

appmgmts.dll

AuxiliaryDisplayCpl.dll

batmeter.dll

brcoinst.dll

browser.dll

cacls.exe

cfgbkend.dll

CIRCoInst.dll

clbcatq.dll

COLORCNV.DLL

colorcpl.exe

colorui.dll

comctl32.dll

compmgmt.msc

comsnap.dll

comsvcs.dll

connect.dll

control.exe

crtdll.dll

cscapi.dll

cscdll.dll

cscui.dll

d3d10_1.dll

d3d10_1core.dll

d3d8thk.dll

d3d9.dll

dccw.exe

ddraw.dll

desk.cpl

DesktopWindowsMgmt.dll

devcon.exe

devenum.dll

DeviceCenter.dll

DeviceProperties.exe

devmgmt.msc

devmgr.dll

DfsShlEx.dll

dialer.exe

DiskCmdr.exe

DiskManagerAPIDLL.dll

diskmgmt.msc

Display.dll

dmdlgs.dll

dmdskmgr.dll

dmdskres.dll

dmdskres2.dll

dmocx.dll

dmutil.dll

dmvdsitf.dll

dmview.ocx

dnsext.dll

dnshc.dll

docprop.dll

dot3gpui.dll

dot3hc.dll

dot3ui.dll

dwm.exe

DWWIN.EXE

ExplorerFrame.dll

filemgmt.dll

fmapi.dll

fsmgmt.msc

gatherNetworkInfo.vbs

gatherwirelessinfo.vbs

gatherwirelessinfo.xslt

hdwwiz.cpl

hdwwiz.exe

hnetcfg.dll

hotplug.dll

icm32.dll

icmui.dll

IconCodecService.dll

inetcpl.cpl

intl.cpl

iologmsg.dll

IPBusEnum.dll

IPBusEnumProxy.dll

iphlpsvc.dll

iprtprio.dll

iprtrmgr.dll

ipsecsnp.dll

lanman.drv

ListSvc.dll

lltdres.dll

lltdsvc.dll

lusrmgr.msc

Magnification.dll

main.cpl

mdminst.dll

MediaMetadataHandler.dll

mfc40.dll

mfc40u.dll

mmc.exe

mmcbase.dll

mmci.dll

mmcico.dll

mmcndmgr.dll

mmcshext.dll

modemui.dll

mscms.dll

mspaint.exe

mstsc.exe

mstscax.dll

mycomput.dll

mydocs.dll

ndfapi.dll

netapi.dll

netcorehc.dll

netdiagfx.dll

netevent.dll

netfxperf.dll

netid.dll

netplwiz.dll

Netplwiz.exe

netprof.dll

netprofm.dll

nettrace.dll

networkitemfactory.dll

npmproxy.dll

nslookup.exe

ntlanui2.dll

objsel.dll

pcasvc.dll

PeerDistSh.dll

PEShell.exe

PEShell.ini

PhotoMetadataHandler.dll

pnrpauto.dll

pnrpnsp.dll

pnrpsvc.dll

powercfg.cpl

powercfg.exe

powercpl.dll

profprov.dll

profsvc.dll

provsvc.dll

rasdial.exe

rasgcw.dll

RASMM.dll

rasphone.exe

rasplap.dll

rpchttp.dll

rpcnsh.dll

RunLegacyCPLElevated.exe

runonce.exe

sccls.dll

SearchFolder.dll

Sens.dll

sensrsvc.dll

services.msc

SessEnv.dll

SetPageFile.exe

shacct.dll

share.exe

shdocvw.dll

SHELL.DLL

shellstyle.dll

shfolder.dll

shgina.dll

shrpubw.exe

Shsvcs.dll

srvsvc.dll

sscore.dll

ssdpapi.dll

ssdpsrv.dll

sti.dll

sti_ci.dll

stobject.dll

StorSvc.dll

StructuredQuery.dll

syncui.dll

sysdm.cpl

system.drv

systemcpl.dll

SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe

SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe

SystemPropertiesHardware.exe

systray.exe

tapi.dll

tapilua.dll

tapiperf.dll

tapisrv.dll

tapiui.dll

taskbarcpl.dll

tcpmon.dll

tcpmonui.dll

telephon.cpl

themecpl.dll

themeservice.dll

themeui.dll

thumbcache.dll

timedate.cpl

TsPnPRdrCoInstaller.dll

umb.dll

uniplat.dll

upnphost.dll

url.dll

usbdr.dll

usbmon.dll

usbui.dll

user.exe

uxlib.dll

uxlibres.dll

uxsms.dll

VAN.dll

vga.drv

WcsPlugInService.dll

wdi.dll

wiaservc.dll

win.com

WindowsCodecsExt.dll

winethc.dll

winpeshl.ini

WINSOCK.DLL

winusb.dll

wlanapi.dll

WLanHC.dll

wlanhlp.dll

wlaninst.dll

WlanMM.dll

wlanmsm.dll

wlansec.dll

wlansvc.dll

wlanui.dll

wlgpclnt.dll

wpdbusenum.dll

wpnpinst.exe

WSDApi.dll

wshqos.dll

WUDFCoinstaller.dll

WUDFHost.exe

WUDFPlatform.dll

WUDFSvc.dll

WUDFx.dll

Wwanadvui.dll

WWanAPI.dll

wwancfg.dll

WWanHC.dll

wwaninst.dll

wwanmm.dll

wwansvc.dll

wwapi.dll

th_WindowsVista-2010-05-21-01-00-44.png

th_WindowsVista-2010-05-21-01-27-43.png

i didnt add the list of other files like spool folder and in program files. but only with these i have working all in the picture in 182mb. also i have 3mb procmon and serviwin in it and 55 services working. with only adding dll files with looking from services regisry entries you can work all other services. also wwan working. if doesnt need can remove all its files. can change desktop wallpaper with selecting an image right click and set as wallpaper or from control panel. or change resolution from display control panel. doesnt change theme but there are themes in it also. only missing is i cant get network work fully. probably because it can not decide the rules for home or public networking. some registry missing. tonight i have seen first that it can change user too. i didnt try before i post here. it doesnt close session. when change user system user stays open and i think it makes conflicts and administrator doesnt have rights to install drivers or run sidebar(probably same time system user running sidebar too) it is not looks possible with working reg files because of ownerships. also i understood that adding all packages have disadvantages then the advantages. if add pppoe and wireless packages it adds also winsxs folders and gets wim bigger. also for them to work need configras and configdot3svc work at startup with wpeutil initialize network. if add only nearly 10 files in cab package to system32 folder and import telephony registry keys into hives rasman rasauto sstpsvc works more smooth. same for dot3svc package. but wmi and hta package need i think.

isn't there improvement about en-us strings in add files txt files for different languages? need change them manually yet?

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

isn't there improvement about en-us strings in add files txt files for different languages? need change them manually yet?

Thanks for the filelist. I will try to use it for adding extra features.

I have found in AutoIt3 program the cause of the Error message about missing hotfix.

It will be repaired in next version.

If you just Continue then the hotfix is found. The Error is only in giving the message.

It is not needed anymore to change en-US strings.

Make_PE3 programs support sources with different language and will find the files.

*** Update of Make_PE3 package to Create Portable Windows 7 PE ***

• Added Install of Network (and some other) Drivers by driver_fix.cmd batch program launched from Desktop icon
    Auto launch by startnet.cmd is possible, but adds extra boottime of 30 sec which seems to be acceptable
  • Cleanup of the list of needed Windows 7 files (see file WIN7_add_explor.txt)
    The reduction allowed to merge Explorer and Audio into one option Explorer=YES
  • Added Custom registry settings at build time and use of Custom wallpaper (thanks to trizet)
    More Info see file Customize_Info.txt in folder Make_PE3\PE3_mod
    http://www.msfn.org/board/make-program-create-portable-windows-t143529.html
  • Added Paint and WordPad, thanks to JFX for winbuilder scripts
    http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10693&st=168
  • Added SuperFinder and NTPWEdit and latest FreeCommander

Required AIK for Windows 7 - KB3AIK_EN.iso - Microsoft - Windows PE 3.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=696DD665-9F76-4177-A811-39C26D3B3B34&displaylang=en

Dism.exe of AIK must be version 6.1.7600.16385 (earlier version 7000 gives Errors)

Guide with More Info:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21883&st=35

http://www.msfn.org/board/make-program-create-portable-windows-t143529.html

Make_PE3 creates Portable Windows 7 PE with Photo Viewer , Paint and WordPad

=

PE3_PAWP.jpg

=

Edited by wimb

Hi trizet,

The Remove Shortcut Arrow tweak has an unwanted sideeffect:

using Manage in context menu of Computer desktop icon does NOT work anymore.

This tweak is removed in the latest build.

Surprisingly Wallpaper Desktop is working when booting with pe3_x86.iso from

grub4dos menu on harddisk where Windows 7 resides. :thumbup

Previously the ISO was booting from grub4dos menu on second harddisk where XP resides

and in that case the wallpaper disappeared as soon as Explorer Shell is starting. :(

How come ? :unsure:

Sometimes results are unexpected .....

Cheers

i discovered that because of a problem in my modem or maybe a vmware problem also my physical machine didnt taking dhcp automatic ip adresses. after i fix itnetwork icon fully works and takes automatic ip adress(discovered not a build wim error) same wim works with network support now. i dont have a wireless card and can not test if wireless cards can set with available network control panel.

Screen Resolution can be Set from Desktop context menu by adding to the WIN7_add_explor.txt filelist:

WIN7_add_explor.txt

// Screen Resolution

\windows\system32\shgina.dll
\windows\system32\themeui.dll

\windows\system32\en-US\shgina.dll.mui
\windows\system32\en-US\themeui.dll.mui

EDIT: Only these 4 files are really needed :thumbup

Edited by wimb

\windows\system32\wwanapi.dll what is the connection of wireless wan with screen resolution? mydocs and searchfolder are must files for windows explorer for to browse and select files. wwanapi and wwapi shouldnt be need they are wireless wan. crt.dll should be need for screen resolution but it was big as i remember. i put all *coinstaller.dll files because they need for driver install.

didnt look one by one certain but

(IconCodecService.dllMagnification.dllPhotoMetadataHandler.dllWcsPlugInService.dllwiaservc.dllWindowsCodecsExt.dllsti.dllsti_ci.dllstobject.dllicm32.dllicmui.dll) need for image and thumbcache.dll need for see thumbnails

(WUDF* usb* winusb hotplug.dll) for to get driver letter automatic assignment. (not sure)

(mycomput.dllmydocs.dllndfapi.dllSHELL.DLLshdocvw.shfolder.dll) must need files for explorer to work.

Edited by Kullenen_Ask

I saved an Optimize Profile just after only using Screen Resolution.

On comparing it with Profile for not using Screen Resolution,

I found these files as needed for using Screen resolution.

But I agree that it might quite well be that it still contains some unneeded files.

Testing will take more time .....

Anyway Screen Resolution is working now by adding only few files.

Thanks for list of files needed for image and photo.

Edited by wimb

I saved an Optimize Profile just after only using Screen Resolution.

On comparing it with Profile for not using Screen Resolution,

I found these files as needed for using Screen resolution.

But I agree that it might quite well be that it still contains some unneeded files.

Testing will take more time .....

Anyway Screen Resolution is working now without adding only few files.

Thanks for list of files needed for image and photo.

only that improvement? no more? need more registry keys then. if need wwansvc. need wwansvc folder in programdata. need HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WwanSvc it can work then. also should be in services and svchost registry related wwankeys.

for wudf files need

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WUDF

Edited by Kullenen_Ask