Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

iSSetup.sys corrupted

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

brodiemac

brodiemac
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-April 10
I've used nLite in the past with great success but I'm running into problems now. I'm trying to create a new WinXP install DVD for several models of computers we have here at work. I'm also including as many Windows patches as I can. I create the image with nLite and burned it to a DVD. I can boot any pc to the disk and the install starts but it always fails with "The file iSSetup.sys is corrupted." At that point, the install fails. I know the source files are fine since I can install Windows normally from that disk. Any suggestions?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
Welcome to MSFN brodiemac. Please take your time to read through some rules:
1. nLite is for private use ONLY, so it does NOT include corporate use, as written in the EULA; you can't use it for work-related projects
2. there is an appropriate nLite forum here http://www.msfn.org/...forum/89-nlite/ , so please direct your questions on nLite (for private use) there

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,253 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
Please do not use nLite (or vLite, for that matter) for non-personal use as specified in it's EULA (emphasis mine):

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

Also, using nLite on a Windows source may violate the EULA for Windows (Microsoft doesn't support modified copies of Windows with non-Microsoft tools), so closing this topic.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users