Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Googles New Bing search

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

John305

John305

Junior

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 26-April 09
I just tried google search and yes it has the bing side panel looks like total crap lol.Why would they change a good thing oh this makes me mad you get used to something and now this hehe.I sent them a email aksing if ms bought them out just for a laugh.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
agreed.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

I don't see any side panel.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined 23-April 07

I don't see any side panel.

If you do a search, the results page will have a side panel on the left side which can allow you to indicate more specifics, like "Everything", "Images", "Videos" and so on.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Guess I have mine collapsed. Just click on hide options to collapse it.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,814 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Guess I have mine collapsed. Just click on hide options to collapse it.

Me too. This was there for a long time, at least for Image Search.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

John305

John305

Junior

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 26-April 09
Hi in ie when you run a search on the left side now you get a panel on the left and the right the right panel has Sponsored links the left one gives you images videos news more and more stuff under that. It was not like that 3 days ago it is in the pc news about the change and most say it looks like bing. If you know anyway to disable both these side panels please let me know as it is there new site design and no it has not been this way for more than 3 days

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

I see it now. Guess it was being rolled out slowly. It doesn't really bother me.

Too get rid of it with Greasemonkey or Stylish Firefox extension go here.

Edited by -X-, 06 May 2010 - 02:34 PM.

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09
Whose idea was it to go live with-out an off button ? +1 vote for terminating Marissa Mayer VP of Search Products and Ugly User Experiences.

Why do companies hire these useless suits, when will they learn that taking a 40 hour six-sigma course does not make you a black belt. If Chuck Norris worked at google the sidebar would probably hide itself whenever he stared at it. But he doesn't and it don't, so fix it google, add an off-button already.

Edited by MrJinje, 07 May 2010 - 04:46 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,814 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

OK i see what you guys are saying. There is a picture of what it looks like in that blog. I have never seen that before! Not what I thought at all, since I can see a little plus sign above the results if you expand that, it is a little like that, but as I said that has been there for awhile. This new change is entirely different and I wonder why I can't see it. I am wondering... maybe you guys are logged into google to see this? I do not have a google account, this might be it? :unsure:
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
Unfortunately not, Tripedacus. The thing is I never do google search while I'm logged in with my GMail account, since that always leads to targeted ads in my inbox; the left-side panel is still (always) there.

MrJinje

MrJinje

Tool™ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09
Yet another fix for Firefox Users. It's the Google Options Add-on from SeoToolSet

XPI installer

maybe you guys are logged into google to see this? I do not have a google account, this might be it? :unsure:

That is a negatory on that buddy. I'm probably routed through chicago, so maybe only parts of the US are online.

Edited by MrJinje, 07 May 2010 - 07:53 AM.

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
Go to here.

GL

*Edit: to get rid of it :)

Edited by GrofLuigi, 07 May 2010 - 08:56 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,814 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Go to here.

GL

*Edit: to get rid of it :)

Its interesting that the ads do not show up on that link either.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN