Googles New Bing search

John305

I just tried google search and yes it has the bing side panel looks like total crap lol.Why would they change a good thing oh this makes me mad you get used to something and now this hehe.I sent them a email aksing if ms bought them out just for a laugh.

I don't see any side panel.

If you do a search, the results page will have a side panel on the left side which can allow you to indicate more specifics, like "Everything", "Images", "Videos" and so on.

Hi in ie when you run a search on the left side now you get a panel on the left and the right the right panel has Sponsored links the left one gives you images videos news more and more stuff under that. It was not like that 3 days ago it is in the pc news about the change and most say it looks like bing. If you know anyway to disable both these side panels please let me know as it is there new site design and no it has not been this way for more than 3 days

I see it now. Guess it was being rolled out slowly. It doesn't really bother me.

Too get rid of it with Greasemonkey or Stylish Firefox extension go here.

Edited by -X-

Whose idea was it to go live with-out an off button ? +1 vote for terminating Marissa Mayer VP of Search Products and Ugly User Experiences.

Why do companies hire these useless suits, when will they learn that taking a 40 hour six-sigma course does not make you a black belt. If Chuck Norris worked at google the sidebar would probably hide itself whenever he stared at it. But he doesn't and it don't, so fix it google, add an off-button already.

Edited by MrJinje

OK i see what you guys are saying. There is a picture of what it looks like in that blog. I have never seen that before! Not what I thought at all, since I can see a little plus sign above the results if you expand that, it is a little like that, but as I said that has been there for awhile. This new change is entirely different and I wonder why I can't see it. I am wondering... maybe you guys are logged into google to see this? I do not have a google account, this might be it? :unsure:

Unfortunately not, Tripedacus. The thing is I never do google search while I'm logged in with my GMail account, since that always leads to targeted ads in my inbox; the left-side panel is still (always) there.

Yet another fix for Firefox Users. It's the Google Options Add-on from SeoToolSet

XPI installer

maybe you guys are logged into google to see this? I do not have a google account, this might be it? :unsure:

That is a negatory on that buddy. I'm probably routed through chicago, so maybe only parts of the US are online.

Edited by MrJinje