Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WPI 8 conditions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

kmosh

kmosh

• 10 posts
Hi,
Can I set multiple conditions?
I've tried "cond1" and "cond2" or
"cond1"
"cond2"
But then WPI fails to load the config. It comes up empty.
For example, I want to prepare my WPI to fit 32/64 bit and XP/WIN7, so I try to check OS ver and bit...

Edited - sorry, just found the option exist, although not in the manual...

Edited by kmosh, 11 May 2010 - 01:52 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
I'm trying also to add multiple conditions. For example:

getBits()==32, getOSver()=="Win7"

How these can be separated? Like above will really work?

Edited by stsaerox, 15 October 2012 - 05:38 AM.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Use "&&" to separate them

getBits()==32&&getOSver()=="Win7"

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
Thank you I'll try this right now.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,739 posts

Edited - sorry, just found the option exist, although not in the manual...

SERIOUSLY???

Come on guys:

Comparison operators
">" Greater Than
"<" Less Than
">=" Greater Than or Equal To
"<=" Less Than or Equal To
"==" Equal To (not "=", which assigns a value to a variable.)
"!=" Not Equal To

Logical operators
"&&" AND
"||" OR
"!" NOT

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
Ok they are in chapter 7 but even now I cannot understand how could I use them or where. I know some english but to get the reasoning I need examples in some cases.

Comparison operators
">" Greater Than
"<" Less Than
">=" Greater Than or Equal To
"<=" Less Than or Equal To
"==" Equal To (not "=", which assigns a value to a variable.)
"!=" Not Equal To

I'm ok with && but none of the above I Know how to use. I'm not asking right now for examples... Just mentioning...

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,739 posts
You bring up a valid point as there are a couple of areas I still have yet to fully flesh out in the manual.

MOST of the things you posted are for file version comparisons and related things.

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts

Use "&&" to separate them

getBits()==32&&getOSver()=="Win7"

According to this I've tried something else but the batch will not run... Can you help me?

{x64}&&{BATCH} "%wpipath%\Install\sys\TU\Installx64.bat"
{x64}&&{BATCH} "%wpipath%\Install\sys\TU\Installx32.bat"

In x86 system it normally skips x64 command but the the x86 fails.... Does logical operators "&&" work in commands tab or only in condition tab?

Edited by stsaerox, 17 October 2012 - 06:15 PM.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• 2,295 posts
I don't think you need && for cmdlines, plus look at your x86 line it has {x64} (that's why it fails)

Edited by ricktendo64, 17 October 2012 - 09:36 PM.

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
Oh the second is {x86}, I've typed it wrong there. The {x64} skips and the {x86}&&{BATCH} fails.

It is Ok now I removed the {BATCH} command. I thought that I must type {BATCH} to run a ".bat"

Thanks again.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• 2,559 posts
You can use or not use {BATCH} command...But you must take care to use correctly:

{BATCH} "%wpipath%\Install\sys\TU\Installx64.bat"
{BATCH} "%wpipath%\Install\sys\TU\Installx32.bat"

Enjoy!
For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
It seems that I've already did in my last test. Thank you.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,739 posts
Please be aware WPI is not free for business uses.

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
I don't earn profit from using wpi or a business to use it as a tool, if I use wpi to repair my family's pc and laptop and 2-3 friends of mine once in one or two years is it considered as business use?

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,739 posts
The reason why I felt you were using it in a business setting:

The quoted section is from you.

If you fixed this many network administrators may be happy. A proper wpi always releases our hands.

(You are REALLY up in arms about network support.)

You HAVE so many different options for the same thing in your config file.

(3+ versions of vlc and winamp???)

You are very damanding about things and issues I have NO clue you are having.

You say you have issues running WPI from a network, then you say you cannot upgrade your WPI (Without mentioning you are starting from several versions back)

IF you are having a issue then tell me exactly what the issue is. i.e. Error message, when WPI is ran, HOW wpi is started, windows version, ie version, provide config files, what you thought it would do anything else that will help.

Otherwise I will start ignoring ANY posts you make and urge others to do so...

New versions of WPI will NOT support networks AT ALL without proper permissions\unlocking.

See:

http://www.msfn.org/...-wpi-licensing/

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian, 21 October 2012 - 06:28 AM.

stsaerox

stsaerox

• 48 posts
I need network support for my family's computers so I don't have to copy the whole stuff 600mb+ with small files that takes time to copy as you know. (edit)If also a friend brings his laptop(s) to my house I will be able to reinstall withought to waiting to eject flash drive or copying procedure.

I was meaning that network administrators will be happy but a proper wpi will also release our hands too in a home network. If you disable it I'm with you I agree It's a powerful tool, too hard to support. I've already read about the licencing and if could I would suggest more ideas for protecting it. I have a very good friend who is a android app developer and I know how it is going...

Well no I do not have business or being an employee somewhere. I wish I was because even me can do better work sometimes. As you may noticed in my last posts I can hardly write a cmd command... I'm making unattended for fun mostly. When reformatting a friends pc I have to be in his home for 4 hours and I have to remember all and do all because they don't know even the basics and most times there are many lose ends.

About vlc I didn't have a clue what to install in my amd64 3500+ 1gb ram. I had my xp for years now. I've installed a 30 days trial x64 system but ram was not enough. And now each or half year I'm installing either my old xp pro or 7 home premium x86 an I was thinking to try xp x64 but I have no clue where was the last time I found 30days trial xp...
I have an old pentium 2 which needed nlited xp to the bone and the light version of winamp when the others two can run winamp new.
Also others have one system or another.

Most people I met even in a computer store services learn about wpi from me. They don't even know it and I suspect they don't know about unattended installation a thing in my country.

(Edit) Until now Ι haven't used wpi for nothing. I've first tried since 8.1.0 version and I've been for a year or more trying to make it work. I was trying to use it along with command: "for %%a in (*.exe) do "%%a"" to update easily. Without this it was just the same for me to add in sfx each program and run from runonce with "for %%a in (*.exe) do "%%a"" to install some dropped in the same folder sfx. I have learn before one or two weeks how to make it work with this command.

(Edit)Also I belong to doctors family. They would never leave me as a kid to follow anything else. I did not make it but I'm just working in paramedics Sector.

(Edit)I shared more information than I had to. I hope you respect it.... When I use this application and do what I like generally: "helping people" Then I'll support you and this project with the only way I can....

Edited by stsaerox, 21 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN