How to "Capture" Win 7 Updates?

doctorfrog

Here's my current Windows Update dialog:

20100512225226.th.png

I'd like to be able to 'capture' the updates you see there and be able to install them without relying on Windows Update. I wish this were as easy as a Google search, but it isn't.

For now, using Autopatcher allows me to apply most Windows updates without relying on an umbilical to Microsoft. The updates in this image, and a few others, are stragglers that I'd like to be able to install without using Windows Update.

Is there a secret to downloading these separately, intercepting them as they are being downloaded, or finding the install packages cached on my hard drive?

Here's my current Windows Update dialog:

20100512225226.th.png

I'd like to be able to 'capture' the updates you see there and be able to install them without relying on Windows Update. I wish this were as easy as a Google search, but it isn't.

For now, using Autopatcher allows me to apply most Windows updates without relying on an umbilical to Microsoft. The updates in this image, and a few others, are stragglers that I'd like to be able to install without using Windows Update.

Is there a secret to downloading these separately, intercepting them as they are being downloaded, or finding the install packages cached on my hard drive?

best thing to do is to download all the updated you want. manually or use this

or downlod this program

http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader....gramFiles.aspx

download these files

http://www.msfn.org/board/post-updat...0-t128393.html

run the first program and select all the downloads you want x64 or x86 and then manually install our use a batch file to install...

this is it:

IF EXIST "%~dp0*.msu" (FOR /F "tokens=*" %%A IN ('DIR /B "%~dp0*.msu"') DO (start /wait %~dp0%%A /quiet /norestart))

for device drivers then get them from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\XX device folder XX copy to new folder say called Wireless Network, then use device manager to install updates on other pc

hope this helps

Edited by ner