nLite frozen when adding themes

mainpage

I have around 20 themes I want to integrate but nLite freezes when it starts on the first theme or crashes on the second. I've only been able to integrate 1 theme though: SevenVG RC most of them are from deviant art, could it be possible that... they arent made as professionally as the one that I am able to integrate?

On a sidenote, when I cancel nLite after a hour or so of being stuck at the themes my ISO swelled to 1.80GB's from 900Mb's. Could it be adding the theme over and over?

You're not adding your themes from within the working directory, are you ? Also some people report similar problems when placing items on the desktop. So please attach not paste your Last_session.ini file.

You're not adding your themes from within the working directory, are you ? Also some people report similar problems when placing items on the desktop. So please attach not paste your Last_session.ini file.

Hmm... I have them downloaded to the desktop and they aren't from the image source. I don't know how to find the last session.ini file, if you could tell me where it's located I'll attach it

You can find it in two locations:

1. in the working folder where you copied XP;

2. in Program Files\nLite\Presets

Please bear in mind to attach only Last Session.ini, and not Last Session_u.ini, as the latter contains private data, such as your product key, passwords etc.

I moved the theme files off the desktop and into a separate folder. But now I have a box that says: theme file already integrated, skipping. I have to OK the box whenever a new theme is being added.

I moved the theme files off the desktop and into a separate folder. But now I have a box that says: theme file already integrated, skipping. I have to OK the box whenever a new theme is being added.

mainpage, you should never run nLite more than once against the same source. So, start over with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders or suffer many problems/much grief. Enjoy, John.

I have the source image copied and I make copy's from it... Whenever I need to tweak it a little more, I delete it and make another copy (recycle bin is filled with old images :P )

I have the source image copied and I make copy's from it... Whenever I need to tweak it a little more, I delete it and make another copy (recycle bin is filled with old images :P )

mainpage, then you are in good shape and should not be getting messages that the themes are already added. If you still are, then please attach your Last Session. Enjoy, John.

Concerning your updates...

You've added IE8 updates but no IE8.

You've added WMP11 updates but no WMP11.

You can't slipstream the WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxx-x86-ENU.exe updates unless you are slipstreaming WMP11. It is a bug in nLite. Please read this.

mainpage, the possible big problem I see is that your are running nLite under Vista (or W7) to create an ISO for XP. This can be a problem, especially if you are integrating an SP. I do not see your doing that, unless you have done it in another run. I suspect that the basic problem is that in some of the many theme folders you point nLite to, are themes with the same name (example hb). You should get no error messages from nLite or during install. If you do, then something is wrong. Enjoy, John.

Concerning your updates...

You've added IE8 updates but no IE8.

You've added WMP11 updates but no WMP11.

You can't slipstream the WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxx-x86-ENU.exe updates unless you are slipstreaming WMP11. It is a bug in nLite. Please read this.

Haven't been able to find a IE8 install pack/ switchless installer

I use WMP11 Integrator

mainpage, the possible big problem I see is that your are running nLite under Vista (or W7) to create an ISO for XP. This can be a problem, especially if you are integrating an SP. I do not see your doing that, unless you have done it in another run. I suspect that the basic problem is that in some of the many theme folders you point nLite to, are themes with the same name (example hb). You should get no error messages from nLite or during install. If you do, then something is wrong. Enjoy, John.

I'm not integrating a SP, but I think the image has SP3 slipstreamed using nLite since the name of the CD (which the computer store said was a retail SP3 disc) was the same as nLite's default ISO name (WinLite).

Should I move the themes into different folders instead of having them in 1? and try to make the ISO under XP?

UPDATE: I made a ISO in XP and 1 theme integrated successfully, I'll post later if all of them work.

Edited by mainpage

I think the image has SP3 slipstreamed using nLite since the name of the CD (which the computer store said was a retail SP3 disc) was the same as nLite's default ISO name (WinLite)

Oops.. if this is really the case, I would ask for my money back. AFAIK, computer stores aren't allowed to release their own builds into retail sale, let alone that store is not allowed to use nLite for any purpose like this. How will you know that something else, e.g. a theme isn't also integrated (and is now causing you problems)?

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I think the image has SP3 slipstreamed using nLite since the name of the CD (which the computer store said was a retail SP3 disc) was the same as nLite's default ISO name (WinLite)

Oops.. if this is really the case, I would ask for my money back. AFAIK, computer stores aren't allowed to release their own builds into retail sale, let alone that store is not allowed to use nLite for any purpose like this. How will you know that something else, e.g. a theme isn't also integrated (and is now causing you problems)?

AFAIK its only the SP that was integrated (judging from tutorials on the net the files and folders are the same) They only sold it to me after I could prove that I had a valid XP license.

I tried integrating the themes last night and 1 theme will integrate successfully, but more than 1 and I get the same error (going to be a real PITA to move em all to separate folders :wacko:)

Also is there any way to make registry tweaks to the image? I use this and this and doing it manually takes away from the glory of a unattended install.