TUTORIAL: Windows 7 and Windows 10 together with Linux - Quick restore and optimize

cannie

New improvement:

Paragraph 2.1 has been modified to include the download link for the most recent version of Firefox Portable, previously mentioned at paragraph 10.2 in order to keep using Windows 7 under current circumstances.

Best wishes

Cannie

Latest changes:

I tried to improve my tutorial by introducing changes as I always did since years ago,  but being the new maximum total size 512 kB only the initial lines of the modified text can appear.

I  hope system owners find soon a solution to this problem.

Thank you very much to all of you for the appreciation you have had for my work.

Best wishes

Cannie

Edited by cannie

On 5/19/2010 at 12:33 AM, cannie said:

I tried to improve my tutorial by introducing changes as I always did since years ago,  but being the new maximum total size 512 kB only the initial lines of the modified text can appear.

Hi,

I've found an easy solution for this: the old text has been replaced by a link so that you may download a pdf file containing the whole tutorial at the first post

(it can only be downloaded by previously identified users)

HTH

Edited by cannie

• cannie changed the title to TUTORIAL: Windows 7 and Windows 10 together with Linux - Quick restore and optimize

Latest change:

Paragraph 2.1 of the pdf text has been modified to include the recent Windows 10 PE OS as an alternative for Windows PE.

HTH

Cannie

Edited by cannie

• 3 months later...

Hi, Spiceagent11,

As I said to Dencorso at post 3, "I was really surprised when I first noticed it. By simply installing Windows 7 in a free space (never if you install it into an existing primary partition), it creates a hidden active primary partition 0 which behaves just as grub did, and it is thanks to it that, using partition 1 or 2 you can format the other one and rebuild it by a simple copy/paste procedure, using a file manager which allows you to see and copy hidden and system files."

You can also use this grublike partition to run Linux, as explained into the tutorial.

Greetings