Dism and unattended setup

Hey guys and girls:)

I have a script to do stuff to a mounted 7 image (in my case ultimate 32bit) and new option is to apply unattended (created by 7Customizer 0.4.4)

I used the "Dism /image:path to mount /apply-unattended:path to unattended.xml" to do this and operation is sucessful..

But it doesnt work anyway, i still have to enter username, password etc etc after setup, any solutions?

I have a script to do stuff to a mounted 7 image (in my case ultimate 32bit) and new option is to apply unattended (created by 7Customizer 0.4.4)

I used the "Dism /image:path to mount /apply-unattended:path to unattended.xml" to do this and operation is sucessful..

But it doesnt work anyway, i still have to enter username, password etc etc after setup, any solutions?

grabben, I am not familiar with the /apply-unattended switch and could find no information on it. My problem was looking for unattended, the switch is /Apply-Unattend. If you used the one with the ed, then try again. MS TechNET seems to have a good discussion of the switch. Good luck, John.

grabben, I am not familiar with the /apply-unattended switch and could find no information on it. My problem was looking for unattended, the switch is /Apply-Unattend. If you used the one with the ed, then try again. MS TechNET seems to have a good discussion of the switch. Good luck, John.

I may have written it wrong here but the command itself is working, i copied it from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744522(WS.10).aspx

Here's my full command..

"%WAIK%\Tools\%arch%\Servicing\dism.exe" /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"%work%\dvd\sources\install.wim" /index:%index% /MountDir:"%work%\mount"

"%WAIK%\Tools\%arch%\Servicing\dism.exe" /image:"%work%\mount" /Apply-Unattend:"%unattended%"

"%WAIK%\Tools\%arch%\Servicing\dism.exe" /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"%work%\mount" /commit

The command works just fine according to the commandwindow but i tried it in virtualbox and that didnt work (shoudnt matter if i try it in virtualbox or on my laptop)..

The /apply-unattend is only for the offlineServicing configuration pass (for servicing windows like adding drivers etc). You still need to run setup.exe + unattend.xml with the other passes configured for a fully unattended setup.

/ Johan

The /apply-unattend is only for the offlineServicing configuration pass (for servicing windows like adding drivers etc). You still need to run setup.exe + unattend.xml with the other passes configured for a fully unattended setup.

/ Johan

So ur saying i cant grab a xml file created by 7Customizer and apply it to mounted version i want ?

I should be able, i have added username etc to it..

Correct, you cannot, not by using the /apply-unattend switch

However you can still achieve what you want - Simply rename the unattend.xml to AutoUnattend.xml and store it in the root of the DVD (or a USB Stick)

Correct, you cannot, not by using the /apply-unattend switch

However you can still achieve what you want - Simply rename the unattend.xml to AutoUnattend.xml and store it in the root of the DVD (or a USB Stick)

Thats no fun and i want my batchscript to integrate it to the image but that wasnt possible.

allright thanks anyway.

You can do that too, simply put the unattend.xml inside the wim.... the root of the DVD is just one of many locations where setup looks for an unattend.xml file

Check the Implicit Answer File Search Order section

http://technet.micro...269(WS.10).aspx

Hm inside the wim you said.. that might be something.

Root of dvd isnt a "funny place" :P

Well, it depends. If you are using setup to deploy the wim it makes perfect sense to store it outside the wim... fortunately you don't need to run setup.exe, you can use imagex to apply an image to disk as well...