Sorta like bootleg tape trading..

fdv

I'd love to try my hand at maintaining the script, or at least get it back to some form of working order. I've been needing to recreate my xp install CD's anyway :P I really feel that this script should continue to be updated, even if no donations are offered - I've been working on my Bootzilla project for six years, and have yet to see any donations, yet I still maintain it, and keep it up to date, despite the lack of additional funding. It's therapeutic for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

HFSLIP is redistributable, no matter if the Author changed his mind later. :angel

QFT.

If this is your issue, you seriously need to read the rest of the thread -- not stop after two posts on page one.

I'll say this for the benefit of anyone reading, and I'll say it three times:

the issue with HFSLIP is not, and never has been, redistribution.

The issue with HFSLIP is not, and never has been, redistribution.

The issue with HFSLIP is not, and never has been, redistribution.

• 5 months later...

I have a question about modifying and redistributing HFSLIP's code here.

To be exact:

I'm working on an updated version for Windows 2000 only. It includes/will include fixes and changes in order to work correctly with the new unofficial updates and other unofficial packs that were produced and more that are being/will be produced in the future. As I use w2k only I'll probably have to remove the compatibility with other systems as I will just be unable to test how my changes influence them.

I'm basing my project on the HFSLIP 1.9.10Jv4. It's not available publicly at the moment but I'd like to make it public as more fixes and changes are added. So this is my question: would links to such a version be removed from this forum?

Edited by tomasz86

I'm not sure that your fork would be welcome in this particular subforum but it should be fine to post in another subforum on this site with a different project name and a shout-out to HFSLIP heritage. We could always move the thread into this subforum later if that is what is agreed upon. Please PM me a link to your new thread so that I can keep an eye on how it is going.

I'll write in "Unattended Windows 2000/XP/2003" then :)

By the way, I'd like to ask you an another question... I've made a HBR Mini Rollup and placed it in "Windows NT4/2000/2003" forum. I'm planning to do more this style of packages later on. Is is the proper subforum for this kind of projects? In the beginning I was actually thinking it should be placed in Gurglemeyer's section as the idea of such updates/rollups/service packs is very similar to what he was doing.

That is the right place for new projects. I see what you are thinking with trying to leverage existing subforums/communities but it depends on those communities. When in doubt you can use that main forum and we can always move things around as needed.

• 1 month later...

Was there a separate donate box for HFSlip? I came to MSFN because of HFSLIP and made a donation for that application. I guess that was actually for the forum. I'm sorry the 2 toms did not feel appreciated.