Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WPA client software...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

from50sand60s

from50sand60s

• 17 posts
  • Joined 22-May 15

Installed newer, WinMe setupapi.dll from the MDgX website...

Installed the latest bcmwl5.dll made available. Thanks again...

Ran WSCv4. Thanks again...

The WL-100G card failed. No WPA support, which I suspected because the card isn't flashed with drivers during the ASUS install.

Apparently those with Windows Me experience the same problems getting WPA support on this card. Not surprising since the .inf file for installing the .sys file is the same one for this card.

Apparently need a Win2000 or Windows XP laptop to plug this card into and install just so the card would get flashed with the Win 2000 or XP driver bits - the cards you have are setup for Win XP WPA and WPA2 and still could connect using the WSCv4 client under Win98SE (albeit your machine probably has additional drivers/files/settings that may have made your success possible - dunno). That is actually quite a breakthrough in the WPA knowledge base arena. Congrats!

Just to round out the parameters, are your cards connecting using AES and/or TKIP encryption?

Edited by from50sand60s, 25 June 2015 - 06:00 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

I use AES encryption, and besides the 3 files and WSC Guard, I have nothing special going on.

BCMWL5.SYS 3.94.41.2

BCMWL5.INF

BCM43XX.CAT

Do you think you can borrow a laptop from a friend/family just to flash the card? What kind of laptop do you have and do you have a mini-pci slot in it? I also might be able to get Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG working.

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

farfigs11

farfigs11

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 29-October 12

I had a little trouble installing the above links utility for ClientMgr3.   I thought maybe the latest utility would include wpa. 

I found Buffalo's version of the driver (they renamed the sys file to CBG54.sys with references to it in the inf.)

https://web.archive....tebook-adapter/

I used KernelEx to install in WinME mode.

from50sand60s

from50sand60s

• 17 posts
  • Joined 22-May 15

My laptop is a HP Omnibook 800CT with P1 166MHz processor and 32mb RAM. (2)Type II Cardbus slots, no mini-PCI. No USB.

If I'm lucky, someone I know may have a XP laptop gathering dust in their garage or I might find one at a garage sale.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

I had a little trouble installing the above links utility for ClientMgr3.   I thought maybe the latest utility would include wpa. 

I found Buffalo's version of the driver (they renamed the sys file to CBG54.sys with references to it in the inf.)

https://web.archive....tebook-adapter/

I used KernelEx to install in WinME mode.

I stand corrected on BCMWL5.SYS 3.9x versions. I now have BCMWL5.SYS 3.104.64.52. Thank you very much :thumbup :yes:

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

sdfox7

sdfox7

• 35 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14
I gave up on trying to get WPA working on Windows 9x a long time ago.

I have my systems hardwired for Internet use (faster and more secure anyway) and I use the wireless on WEP only for Windows 9x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users