New flash player v10.1.53.64

jvidal

That's weird. I only have it copying over once. Right after swflash is extracted, the dlls and exes are renamed on the fly. Not the move command. My txtsetup looks like this:

HFSLP903.INF = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0

msimsg.mui = 1,,,,,,,1009,0,0,msimsg.dll.mui

swflash.exe = 1,,,,,,,1003,0,0,FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.exe

swflash.dll = 1,,,,,,,1003,0,0,FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

flash.ocx = 1,,,,,,,1003,0,0,Flash10h.ocx

iertutil.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3

urlmon3.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3

no other flashutils are part of txtsetup.

I prefer to not have the script reposted, there's too many corporate users out there.

...and it doesn't appear to have a silent switch.

This might be old news by now but if isn't, it looks as if with the release of Flash 10.1 the switches have changed.

Flash Player 10.1 (Argo)

With the release of Flash Player 10.1, the command line arguments have significantly changed. Users are no longer required to use the

-clean/-force argument to force a complete uninstall of the Flash Player when using the standalone uninstaller. However, when using the

FlashUtil.exe to uninstall, the user is still required to use the -force argument to perform a complete uninstall.

Note: The arguments listed below only apply to the EXE installer, not the MSI installer.

The new command line arguments are:

* -install: Perform a silent install of the Flash Player.

* -uninstall: Perform a silent uninstall of the Flash Player.

o Note: These can be used with the standalone uninstaller, or with the FlashUtil .exe in \Macromed\Flash directory

* -uninstall {activex | plugin}: Perform an uninstall of a specific player, either ActiveX (Internet Explorer) or plugin (other browsers).

o Note: This can be used with the standalone uninstaller, or with the FlashUtil .exe in the \Macromed\Flash directory.

o Note: When uninstalling a specific player, a specific player type must be used in conjunction with the silent -uninstall argument,

else it will not work and both player types will be uninstalled.

...More Info! :)

I checked to see what would happen, if I ran the latest original flash player installer via InstallWatch after having first installed XP from a disk created with HFSLIP using Swflash.cab. Attached is a listing of new registry entries that InstallWatch recorded when the flash player was manually installed on top of an installation where it was already HFSLIPped in.

Most of the items in the listing clearly look like useless "installation overhead". Still, there are some, that my limited understanding doesn't allow me to classify with any confidence. I wonder if someone with a better understanding could look at the listing and comment on whether there is any need to be concerned over HFSLIP+Swflash.cab creating all the essential entries.

Listing.zip