Opera 10.6 Beta Doesn't Start

fortcollins

I installed Opera 10.60 beta, builds 3413, 3422, and 3426. None would start. I got a message "Failed to load opera.dll because: a dynamic link libary initialization routine failed."

Two posters on the Opera development team blog reported the same problem. Both were also running Win 98.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Has anyone got it to run?

Yes, I have Opera 10.60 beta (build 3422) and it running without problem.

Btw, I've used a classic installer and that was a clean installation.

Do you have KernelEx installed? I am asking because I just tried to disable KernelEx extensions for Opera 10.60 (which is upgraded over old install and is my default browser) and it fails to start with the error message mentioned by the OP after I have done this.

Opera.dll has no missing static dependencies and profiling it with Dependency Walker does not seem to yeld much clue as to what is wrong.

Well anyway installing KernelEx could solve the OP's problems if the Opera team doesn't do anything about it. (They don't seem too interested with fixing Windows 98/ME issues it seems to me unfortunately).

Edited by loblo

• 2 weeks later...

10.60 runs for me with out kernel sanders. lately it locks up more often i think if i let it sit long enough it works. i might down grade to 10.54. or switch to FF3.0 but, i'm guess opera uses less ram?

Edited by cdoublejj

P.S. Please post if 10.6 runs for you......I'm running 10.54 with no problems but have not yet tried 10.6

Ed.R.

I have Opera 10.60 RC2 (build 3444) and I don't see any serious problem (not too much tests, honestly).

Btw, loblo, you've build 3445.

Btw, loblo, you've build 3445.

Yes, this is it, my mistake, and it runs flawlessly but I don't seem to be able to run it without KernelEx unlike 10.54.

10.60 runs for me with out kernel sanders. lately it locks up more often i think if i let it sit long enough it works. i might down grade to 10.54. or switch to FF3.0 but, i'm guess opera uses less ram?

Are you running Opera 10.60 on Windows 98 or ME?

Edited by loblo