Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

would like to replace Linux with XP Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

yoyojoe

yoyojoe
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-July 10
hey folks,

I'd like to replace Linux with Win XP and so far have been unsuccessful.

I have an Acer Aspire R3610 with a Linux OS installed on it which I'd like to remove and replace it with Win XP Pro. The hardware has a solid state harddrive and is without a CD drive, so far I've been unsuccessful with my efforts hence this post.

I've formatted a 2 gig usb flash stick using WinToFlash and though it boots the Acer I get an error message and it then reverts to the Linux boot sequence and boots successfully to the Linux desktop, what am I doing wrong ?

any suggestions, commenst, input gratefully received.

regards,

yoyojoe :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,287 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05
Then why did you register here and not at the WinToFlash forum ? :huh:
Anyway, Welcome. Posting your error message would be a 1st clue for us to know what you're doing wrong.

winIuzer

winIuzer
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 03-July 10
First, try using the latest svn release of Wine. Also ensure that you didn't remove the "manual installation and upgrade" component (if using a nLite'd install CD).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users