Vista 64 Ultimate Upgrade to Windows 7 cost

jolo

Windows 7 has been out for a while and I do have it on my custom built Notebook PC.

On my main Desktop, I am still running Vista 64 Ultimate, which I don't particularly like, but that is a different issue.

I would like to legally upgrade to the equivalent Windows 7 platform (Ultimate), except that the cost of the upgrade is still what I consider an extremely high cost of $220. Way more than I am willing to spend on it. :o

Are their any legal alternative ways to upgrade from Vista 64 Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate, like student programs (I attend school), low income, OEMs, discounts to retailers, etc, which will discount the upgrade fees ? I also am disabled and therefore on a fixed income.(please, this is NOT a poor me remark). :D

My copies of Windows are always legal and I did upgrade from XP to Vista 64 on the desktop that I am using currently.

If I would have known that Vista users not be rewarded (especially Ultimate users), for upgrading to Vista from XP, there is NO way I would have upgraded from XP.

Actually with all of the problems with Vista and performance issues, I figured that Microsoft would reward Vista users, but instead charge them the same price as XP users. This is of course if they didn't purchase Vista, after Windows 7 was officially released, where there was an appropriate free upgrade given to those who purchase Vista late in the game. If not, people would have stayed away from purchasing new PCs.

Upgrading to Windows 7, also reduces Microsoft's cost of having to maintain the support for their older OS.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, to get the equivalent upgrade from Vista 64 Ultimate to Windows 7 64 Ultimate. :)

This really is much more of a positive request, then a whine. :angel

Thanks in advance,

Jon Temple

If you qualify to join Microsoft Technet, then you can pay US$150 (approx) and get access to EVERY MS program for evaluation purposes and 10 legitimate licence keys for each program.

A bargain if you are running a network with more than one PC and Office 2010 alone for 2-3 PC's covers your cost.