Google Chrome is vanished when I capture install.wim

Hi guys,

I have installed my OS and then install Google chrome but when I capture install.wim after sysprep my google chrome is vanished from the install.wim. What I understood is...................... google chrome actually installs in user folder by default not in programe files and I guess sysprep actually cleaned the user folder.

My question: Is it possible to keep the google chrome without changing its default installation directory with capturing method?

Yepp Chrome intalls in your userfolder and not program folder.

But it should work anyway, right??

It depends on when you install it. I've seen a system that had Chrome installed into the Administrator account while the system was in Audit mode. So after you sysprep and Windows disables the Administrator account, you can't access (or find) Chrome unless you take ownership of that account and/or re-enable it.

It depends on when you install it. I've seen a system that had Chrome installed into the Administrator account while the system was in Audit mode. So after you sysprep and Windows disables the Administrator account, you can't access (or find) Chrome unless you take ownership of that account and/or re-enable it.

See what I did, I install my OS and then install some applications along with Google Chrome then I sysprep my OS and then capture my install.wim.

Are you trying to tell that I should install google chrome when my system is in Audit mode during sysprep?

And moreover I make my OS unattented so that when it is installed it directly take me to the desktop with Admin accout.

Chrome is installed into <user>\Appdata anyway, so why preinstall it? Why not install it once the system is up and running (there's an offline installer for that, or just download and run the stub that installs it online)? Other users aren't going to have access to the program anyway, as it's a per-user install.

A sure-fire way would be to have it install the app as a First Logon Command, then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Yeah you are right but this is what I don't want to do:

1. I am not getting silent installer of latest version of Google Chrome

2. It will take an extra bit of time.

Ok,

I came to know that if I install Google chrome in my current OS and then copy the entire folder from "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Google" and then paste it in my mounted install.wim. Will it work noramlly??????????

I came to know that if I install Google chrome in my current OS and then copy the entire folder from "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Google" and then paste it in my mounted install.wim. Will it work noramlly??????????

you tell us after you try :w00t:

actually i had never tried it but I tracked changes while it installed and it creates things here also

AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Also lots of registry entries so right now you are better off running in setupcomplete.cmd

Funny, google pays itself sponsored link? no wonder their stock is ridiculous :lol:

post-9484-12798045446_thumb.png

Edited by maxXPsoft