Adding comments

Hi, this is an awesome tool, thanks so much. :)

Is it possible to add a // comment in the cmds[pn] line, such as:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\Logitech Quickcam\\Setup.exe" /q /noqclaunch /p /s','sc config LVPrcSrv start= disabled  // Disable Logitech service due to pending reboot problem'];

Would this syntax be compatible with the program?

TIA.

I have to ask:

What is the purpose of the comment? You would only be able to see it if you manually are editing the config file, which isn't recommended anyways.

That does not seem to be true, I just checked and I definitely can see the comment in the GUI. Also, I do read the config file directly sometimes as it is quicker that opening up the GUI if I just want to quickly check a command I have entered.

OK just ran a quick test and added "This is a quick test" to the the end of a cmd (Including quotes)

It displayed just fine.

Doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

When you say it was including quotes, was it:

...[cmd]... // "This is a quick test"

I don't think the quotes would be necessary would they (assuming this is the same syntax as for a javascript comment)?

I am not endorsing the use of it, but to whatever program you use it with it will look like a command line arg. If the program is finicky it may fail and not run because of a wrong arg value.

I am not endorsing the use of it, but to whatever program you use it with it will look like a command line arg. If the program is finicky it may fail and not run because of a wrong arg value.

Thanks, I was thinking of javascript comments but I just remembered that these are passed to cmd.exe I think, so as you say they would look like a command line argument. I'd better not use them then. :P