Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

hotfixes and the /quiet switch and others

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MrBiggz

MrBiggz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 10
Hi!

Man, I really hate to sound so noobish, but, when I finally get to the step to create the install image and its doing the hotfixes there are many of them that want switches. I used nlite once before might have been a year or so ago but I don't recall having this problem. How do you get around it?

Secondly, I saw some steps how you can include as addons things like Firefox, Thunderbird and others. This is the tutorial I'm talking about. When it gets to that step it wants to try and install Firefox on my machine. Bizarre!

Hope you can help .. I appreciate it!

Thx u much!

p.s. I'll attache the preset file I had been saving through the process.Attached File  Mimi PC.ini   33.63KB   8 downloads

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
Please post nlite questions in the nlite section.

Moved.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

MrBiggz

MrBiggz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 10
Hello? Is there anybody out there?

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
nLite cannot integrate all the hotfixes in your .ini, only some...these are some that are not supported

gdidettool.exe
HMTCDWizard_enu.exe
Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsSearch-KB940157-XP-x86-enu.exe
IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

Nor can it integrate regular installers like

Firefox Setup 3.6.8.exe
Thunderbird Setup 3.1.1.exe
winamp5581_full_emusic-7plus_en-us.exe
wlsetup-web.exe

Also IE8 nor WMP11 can be integrated by nLite (look for addons to these)

You are better off using a updatepack, look over on ryanvm.net/forum you will find a few

Sorry for the double post, I hit reply instead of edit

Edited by ricktendo64, 01 August 2010 - 12:43 AM.

MrBiggz

MrBiggz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 10

nLite cannot integrate all the hotfixes in your .ini, only some...these are some that are not supported

Nor can it integrate regular installers like

Also IE8 nor WMP11 can be integrated by nLite (look for addons to these)

You are better off using a updatepack, look over on ryanvm.net/forum you will find a few

Sorry for the double post, I hit reply instead of edit

I'll bounce over there and take a look! Plus I saw that addon section in the forums just above these threads. UGH! I'm trying my hand at making the addons with the nlite add-on maker. Although it does seem that some of the cab files generated are huge!! (i.e. Thunderbird was over a gig) And all I was doing is telling it a silent install.

No worry about the double post! And thanks for that little tid bit of info!

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

When using the add-on maker it will scoop up anything in the installer's folder. Put the Thunderbird installer in it's own empty folder and you wont get it being over a gig.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

MrBiggz

MrBiggz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 10

When using the add-on maker it will scoop up anything in the installer's folder. Put the Thunderbird installer in it's own empty folder and you wont get it being over a gig.

Right after posting that .. I figured that one out by chance. I was sitting here going, what the?!?! I'm guessing you can't have spaces in the name. nlite keeps choking when it hits the addons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN