Ghost Soultion Suite 2.5.1

My goal is to have a diaster recovery DVD. the system we deploy on does not have network connectivity and it isolated and very restrictive on what software is installed on it.

So my test platform is eactly the same as the servers we use in the field. I captured an image using ghostsrv.

Once that was done I used Ghost boot wizard. I selected WinPE 2.0 and added the .gho file to it, now the problem I am having is that it will not detect the CDROM drive. I have tried everything. I have even set the cdrom to what it has been pulling and it still does not work. My question is this.

Is there an easier way to capture an image of the box and deploy it using a DVD? if so, could someone point me to the software and some directions please. I have been trying to get this boot DVD to work for 3 days and I am at my wits end with this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how big your image file is or how old your hardware is but you may try a USB thumb drive to copy your captured image. Alternatively, you will have to add additional mass storage drives to WINPE even though you have accessed the optical drive previously.

Make sure you post your issue on Symantec's forum as well and ensure you have all the latest updates for GSS.